Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Opening line next week
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
DAL 4.5 pt favorites.

I expect that to come down slightly to 4 or 3.5, unless there is bad injury news.
The Franchise
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 24 2016, 05:22 AM) *
DAL 4.5 pt favorites.

I expect that to come down slightly to 4 or 3.5, unless there is bad injury news.

It isn't an outrageous starting line, but after spanking the Vikings I would've expected Dallas -3 or less. Looks like even Vegas isn't immune to the Dallas bandwagon. I'd expect it to go down a point by Sunday as well.
JeeQ
Badford came down to Earth on Sunday and was exactly the QB we all thought he was...

Now I need Dak to start playing like the 4th Round Rookie he is and stop endangering Wentz's ROTY campaign. If Dak takes down the Eagles on Sunday I'm going to start worrying that the kid really is "that" good
Reality Fan
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Oct 24 2016, 03:52 PM) *
Badford came down to Earth on Sunday and was exactly the QB we all thought he was...

Now I need Dak to start playing like the 4th Round Rookie he is and stop endangering Wentz's ROTY campaign. If Dak takes down the Eagles on Sunday I'm going to start worrying that the kid really is "that" good

ahh...this place cracks me up....we worry about our line after losing Lane Johnson and the Vikes have lost both their starting tackles...and have injuries to their backups that they are playing with but Bradford was who you thought he was? He was a QB who got hit alot yesterday...his int was a direct result which, if you bothered to watch the replay, was pretty clear. The Vikes got spanked because our D line hit him constantly and the O line, already in tatters, could not stop the pressure on nearly every play.

Are you saying you want Dak to play like Wentz the last 2 games?...lol

I am sure it is coming for DAK too. Teams have film on these guys now, I read somewhere it take 4-5 games for a real sample size for DCs to start game planning. These guys are human and young....there will be bumps.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Oct 24 2016, 12:30 PM) *
It isn't an outrageous starting line, but after spanking the Vikings I would've expected Dallas -3 or less. Looks like even Vegas isn't immune to the Dallas bandwagon. I'd expect it to go down a point by Sunday as well.

While I wager only when I am confident that I can't lose one of my best friends is a degenerate gambler....used to run his own book and before the Eagles game he told me if the line for the Cowboys game is less than 10 bet the eagles heavy....in other words, the line is telling us something.

The Eagles spanked the Vikes because the Vikes were missing BOTH their tackles and the backups are playing hurt and it showed. Many here were peeing in their pants because one of out tackles is out 10 games. Our offense did very little against the Vikings and the Cowboys defense is not terrible, they are ranked 6th and the Cowboys can run the ball and they have only given up 9 sacks. With the game in Dallas I would have thought the line would be at least a touchdown....maybe more.

I may be laying some cabbage on the birds.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 24 2016, 05:46 PM) *
While I wager only when I am confident that I can't lose one of my best friends is a degenerate gambler....

Degenerate gamblers often shouldn't be trusted when betting, but I agree Eagles +4.5 is the better choice. Lines of 7-10 points are often reserved for Pats/Browns like matchups.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Oct 25 2016, 01:32 PM) *
Degenerate gamblers often shouldn't be trusted when betting, but I agree Eagles +4.5 is the better choice. Lines of 7-10 points are often reserved for Pats/Browns like matchups.

The Cowboys at home vs. a team that got its ass kicked twice with no offensive production in 3 straight games should be an easy TD favorite and adding the 3 point home cooking is not unrealistic, hence the 10. But the fact that the Eagles are only a point and a half above a home team advantage speaks volumes....

And I used the degenerate gambler as a term of endearment.....while he owns a very successful bar he owns a lot of things paid for by his enjoyment of sports gambling and book making.....sometimes he still does a little of both
Joegrane
I don't like the matchup with the Cowboys An above average O Line to somewhat neutralize our D Line. That is the type of line that should be able to handle the Wide Nine, especially without B Logan.

Their weapons on O should do well against our weak, depleted CBs.

Which Big V and Ertz will show up?

I expect CW to bounce back and be okay as long as Big V and helpers are okay.

Matchups are so important in the NFL. Which ones favor the Eagles?

I'm surprised that the betting line is so close.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 24 2016, 06:22 AM) *
DAL 4.5 pt favorites.

nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 25 2016, 01:44 PM) *
The Cowboys at home vs. a team that got its ass kicked twice with no offensive production in 3 straight games should be an easy TD favorite and adding the 3 point home cooking is not unrealistic, hence the 10. But the fact that the Eagles are only a point and a half above a home team advantage speaks volumes....

And I used the degenerate gambler as a term of endearment.....while he owns a very successful bar he owns a lot of things paid for by his enjoyment of sports gambling and book making.....sometimes he still does a little of both

I find that businesses that pay no taxes do quite well.......
Dreagon
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 25 2016, 04:31 PM) *
I'm surprised that the betting line is so close.

I'm not. First of all...what home field advantage? Ever since we've moved to AT&T Stadium, we've had a better record on the road than at home.

Second, between you guys very good defense and our surprisingly upper mediocre defense, this might not be that high scoring of a game.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 25 2016, 08:24 PM) *
I find that businesses that pay no taxes do quite well.......

lol...yes..paid for his vette in cash.....house and vacation house paid for......I should start betting...lol I think I will stick to just enjoying his land...
JeeQ
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 24 2016, 01:36 PM) *
ahh...this place cracks me up....we worry about our line after losing Lane Johnson and the Vikes have lost both their starting tackles...and have injuries to their backups that they are playing with but Bradford was who you thought he was? He was a QB who got hit alot yesterday...his int was a direct result which, if you bothered to watch the replay, was pretty clear. The Vikes got spanked because our D line hit him constantly and the O line, already in tatters, could not stop the pressure on nearly every play.

Are you saying you want Dak to play like Wentz the last 2 games?...lol

I am sure it is coming for DAK too. Teams have film on these guys now, I read somewhere it take 4-5 games for a real sample size for DCs to start game planning. These guys are human and young....there will be bumps.

You're thinking way too deeply and have a million excuses for a QB with a career losing record...

I think Badford is a loser and will always be a loser, and he lost like I expected

I think Badford will always lose the big games when it comes time to step up and win one, and he lost again as I expected

Wentz got hit a lot against the Lions and Redskins yet still put the team in position to win the game both times in the 4th QTR.

Samantha never had his team in the game from the opening whistle
Reality Fan
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Oct 26 2016, 10:18 AM) *
You're thinking way too deeply and have a million excuses for a QB with a career losing record...

I think Badford is a loser and will always be a loser, and he lost like I expected

I think Badford will always lose the big games when it comes time to step up and win one, and he lost again as I expected

Wentz got hit a lot against the Lions and Redskins yet still put the team in position to win the game both times in the 4th QTR.

Samantha never had his team in the game from the opening whistle

First, I am thrilled the Eagles won the game...it was one I was worried about because of the Vikes D. That being said, if you think it was Wentz that won that game you need not say anymore....you also must have missed the Vikes drive tat died with running plays in the redzone. Our D feasted on an O line that was playing backups and at time backups to backups at both OT spots. Many here cried over Johnson's suspension now imagine Peters being out as well and Tobin getting hurt.

Bradford has a losing record because he was drafted by the Rams...even with the mess the Eagles were last year he is 11-8 since leaving there....

Now tell me how many TDs Wentz led them to against the Skins to "put his team in a position to win" His offense scored 1 TD in 2 games.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 26 2016, 03:26 PM) *
First, I am thrilled the Eagles won the game...it was one I was worried about because of the Vikes D. That being said, if you think it was Wentz that won that game you need not say anymore....you also must have missed the Vikes drive tat died with running plays in the redzone. Our D feasted on an O line that was playing backups and at time backups to backups at both OT spots. Many here cried over Johnson's suspension now imagine Peters being out as well and Tobin getting hurt.

Bradford has a losing record because he was drafted by the Rams...even with the mess the Eagles were last year he is 11-8 since leaving there....

Now tell me how many TDs Wentz led them to against the Skins to "put his team in a position to win" His offense scored 1 TD in 2 games.

Wentz had the team in position to score TDs on multiple drives but our receivers once again caught a case of the dropsies. We left a lot of points on the field in the Skins game and as for the Lions game it was absolutely over and on ice until Mathews fumbled the game away.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Oct 26 2016, 10:00 PM) *
Wentz had the team in position to score TDs on multiple drives but our receivers once again caught a case of the dropsies. We left a lot of points on the field in the Skins game and as for the Lions game it was absolutely over and on ice until Mathews fumbled the game away.

If you are saying Wentz had the team in position to score multiple times against the Vikes you are in a minority. They ran the ball a lot in the 2nd half and Wentz threw short the few times he did throw......He was not good against the Skins...that was largely because he was under pressure constantly but he was not good.

Not sure what game you are saying the WRs had the "dropsies"....definitely not the Vikes.....
Pila
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Oct 27 2016, 03:00 AM) *

No clear drops in this game. It's fair to say no-one made a difficult catch (like the one thrown behind Trey Burton), but the drops were at least understandable this time around.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.