Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Trials and Tribulations of Geno Smith
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
The Franchise
Fitzpatrick out, Smith in. He finally gets his chance (well, his 7th or 8th chance). He goes 4/8, throwing a long TD pass, doubling his passer rating for the year.....and then he goes down, and Fitz comes back in and wins the game. He'll be riding the pine again no doubt.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Honestly, I feel bad rooting against him - after all, he's done nothing to me and why would I care about the Jets? But until our resident windbag admits he was a bust, I can't resist! laugh.gif laugh.gif
mcnabbulous
He has been a bust. But he also was never put in a situation to succeed. Bummer about his injury though.
nephillymike
He cost me a bet.

I had BAL +2 with the understanding that he would be the QB.

He goes down, and do does my chances of a win.

Another $25 down the drain.

Had the Skins in a pickem game, and after self destructing all game, they get a late lead, only to lose it.

Luckily IND +4 held up.

But the important thing was the Eagles won.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 23 2016, 10:43 PM) *
He has been a bust. But he also was never put in a situation to succeed. Bummer about his injury though.

To put him into "a situation to succeed" you might try an insurance's sales office.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 23 2016, 09:25 PM) *
To put him into "a situation to succeed" you might try an insurance's sales office.

Possibly. But I'd say giving him Jeremy Kerley as his #1 WR his rookie year was probably worst case scenario.

The Franchise
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 23 2016, 10:25 PM) *

laugh.gif
JeeQ
Torn ACL; done for the season on the final year of his contract... If it wasn't for bad luck he'd have no luck at all
nephillymike
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Oct 24 2016, 02:56 PM) *
Torn ACL; done for the season on the final year of his contract... If it wasn't for bad luck he'd have no luck at all

Wow, that sucks.

Tough break.

Dreagon
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Oct 24 2016, 02:56 PM) *

That was probably his last game as a Jet. then. This late in the year, I'm not sure he would likely recover enough to crack another team in 2017 as a backup. He might be best served sitting 2017 out and then doing the free agent rounds the year after.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.