Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Admit it, no one really expected the W today
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
I hoped the D would step up, and boy did they. My other hope was tied to the 5 game win streak they were riding, they were due for a let down game, and we got that too I think. Just hope they can come out that motivated next week, we do seem to play well in big D.
mcnabbulous
I thought we had a real good shot, but wasn't counting on anything. Our DL really showed up.

I had a hell of a football weekend. Took my old man and a few buddies who had never been up to the PSU game. Then got that one today.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 23 2016, 03:36 PM) *
I thought we had a real good shot, but wasn't counting on anything. Our DL really showed up.

I had a hell of a football weekend. Took my old man and a few buddies who had never been up to the PSU game. Then got that one today.

Nice!

dsc5085
Great defense, especially proud of Graham going out there and making plays every week.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Oct 23 2016, 09:34 PM) *
I hoped the D would step up, and boy did they. My other hope was tied to the 5 game win streak they were riding, they were due for a let down game, and we got that too I think. Just hope they can come out that motivated next week, we do seem to play well in big D.

It went a long way to remove the sting of that Det loss. I figured the Eagles would split Det\Was and then lose to Min so in the end they are exactly where I thought they would be record wise.
Zero
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Oct 23 2016, 08:47 PM) *
It went a long way to remove the sting of that Det loss. I figured the Eagles would split Det\Was and then lose to Min so in the end they are exactly where I thought they would be record wise.

The thing is that both those losses were winnable games and in both games the strength of the Eagles played a big role in the loss. Maybe I'm making excuses, but this team has a rookie HC, new systems and a couple of significant holes on both sides. The Washington game is what hurts most.

We should expect the offense to be somewhat erratic with a rookie QB and the DL won't be dominant every game meaning the LBs and DBs will be stressed. The D will need a good game plan for Sunday night and Big V will have to take another step up. Schwartz needs to earn his rep and DP needs to create one of his own.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.