Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This could be your day Nabby
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/...k-by-wednesday/

That would leave Kelce as the most deserved benching and Wiz would take over for Smith as the player his coaches hate the most.

For those keeping score at home, Kelce moved UP a notch to 33rd best C in the league!
mcnabbulous
The Jets paid Fitzpatrick $12M this year because they thought he gave them a chance to win. In case you're wondering if some NFL execs are clueless.

As I said months ago, nothing good was ever gonna come out of that situation. Geno may be bad, but at least he's young and cheap bad. Fitz is old and expensive bad.
Harry Hit Man
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 19 2016, 05:27 AM) *
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/...k-by-wednesday/

That would leave Kelce as the most deserved benching and Wiz would take over for Smith as the player his coaches hate the most.

For those keeping score at home, Kelce moved UP a notch to 33rd best C in the league!

Do you think benching your starting center right before playing one of the best interior d lineman in the league is a good idea?
mcnabbulous
Geno named starter officially. If I were the Jets GM, I could have saved them $12M this year. No big whoop.
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 19 2016, 12:37 PM) *
Geno named starter officially. If I were the Jets GM, I could have saved them $12M this year. No big whoop.

I have a feeling you would end up being as financially savvy an owner as Leonard Tose.

Smith's line: 4/6, 31 yards, 1 interception. Passer rating of 39.6 - 1 rush, 2 yds., 1 fumble. And McCrappulous declares victory!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Oct 19 2016, 01:25 PM) *
I have a feeling you would end up being as financially savvy an owner as Leonard Tose.

Smith's line: 4/6, 31 yards, 1 interception. Passer rating of 39.6 - 1 rush, 2 yds., 1 fumble. And McCrappulous declares victory!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Who gives a shit about his line from 8 minutes of mop up time in a no win situation? Who cares if he sucks dick the rest of the year. He still was far better value than $12M Ryan Fitzpatrick this year.

In his 6 pass attempts to the backups, he looked far more capable than Fitzmagic. I suspect when he's throwing to Marshall, it will only look better.

And yeah, I declared victory. Because I was absolutely right about this situation.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 2 2016, 04:50 PM) *
It shouldn't come as much of a surprise, but I'd rather go 6-10 with my 25 year old QB and close the book on that chapter then go 9-7 with Fitzpatrick. They have no future with him and he's not going to win them anything. His stats last year were largely a mirage.

Don't forget that Geno outplayed him last offseason and was the projected starter prior to the punch.

They're just wasting their time. But it's the Jets so it's not much of a surprise. He'll be lucky to get out of there and get a fresh start elsewhere.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 2 2016, 08:18 PM) *
Two independent evaluations came to the conclusion that he threw 30 interceptable passes last year. He was also the second worst deep ball QB in the league.

Brandon Marshall owned last year. Decker as a number 2 is very solid.

Fitz is what he is. I'm not sure what the Jets hope to achieve this year, but Fitz is going to leave them disappointed.

Like I said, I'd rather put the nail in the Geno coffin than waste a season with Fitz under center. But the NFL is all about status quo.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 2 2016, 09:22 PM) *
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Fitz throw more picks than TDs this year.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.