Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm thinking of taking one for the team
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
It may be time for the reverse mikeynumbers jinx.

As some of you know, whenever I bet the Eagles, the jinx sets in and they and I lose.

Happened in the DET game.

I stayed away this week and we got our asses kicked.

But, if I bet MIN this week then the gods would be confused and would have to jinx my bet, which could propel us to a win? Eagles win and I make my small contribution to my bookie's kid college fund. A win-win, no?

A small $25 bet should do it?

Anyone?

Phits
The gambling Gods don't acknowledge $25 bets. Absolution is only granted on wagers $100 or higher.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 17 2016, 09:51 PM) *
It may be time for the reverse mikeynumbers jinx.

As some of you know, whenever I bet the Eagles, the jinx sets in and they and I lose.

Happened in the DET game.

I stayed away this week and we got our asses kicked.

But, if I bet MIN this week then the gods would be confused and would have to jinx my bet, which could propel us to a win? Eagles win and I make my small contribution to my bookie's kid college fund. A win-win, no?

A small $25 bet should do it?

Anyone?

nephillymike
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 17 2016, 09:05 PM) *
The gambling Gods don't acknowledge $25 bets. Absolution is only granted on wagers $100 or higher.

Shit if they don't.

The gambling Gods are VERY aware of my $25 and $50 Eagles bets over the years. I have over 20 years of empirical data!!

I probably have a 25-33% win % on Eagles games, vs >50% on others.

I'm telling you guys, if I bet MIN, you guys can make a killing on the Birds.
D Rock
No. No. No.

The jinx is me.

Whenever I catch the game with the DVR and watch later, we win. My sunday's are too often booked up with my kids soccer and baseball/softball games, so more often than not, I catch the games Sunday evening.

The past 2 sundays were off for various reasons, and I had the audacity to view the games live, in real-time. My bad. Wont happen again.

This Sunday, my boy will be on the mound to try and keep his undefeated 9 year old baseball team on it's roll, followed by my daughter's soccer double header in San Diego, 2 hours south of my L.A. home.

We're guaranteed a win.

Book it.
nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 18 2016, 11:03 AM) *
No. No. No.

The jinx is me.

Whenever I catch the game with the DVR and watch later, we win. My sunday's are too often booked up with my kids soccer and baseball/softball games, so more often than not, I catch the games Sunday evening.

The past 2 sundays were off for various reasons, and I had the audacity to view the games live, in real-time. My bad. Wont happen again.

This Sunday, my boy will be on the mound to try and keep his undefeated 9 year old baseball team on it's roll, followed by my daughter's soccer double header in San Diego, 2 hours south of my L.A. home.

We're guaranteed a win.

Book it.

Could the football gods overcome the double whammy of DRock playing soccer/baseball Dad and Mikeynumbers bet on Min?

I think they would not know how to overcome the Schleprock forces that hit them.

You could go out and be the bestest Dad and I could plop $25 on Min and sit comfortably and watch an Eagles win.
D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 19 2016, 02:51 AM) *
Could the football gods overcome the double whammy of DRock playing soccer/baseball Dad and Mikeynumbers bet on Min?

I think they would not know how to overcome the Schleprock forces that hit them.

You could go out and be the bestest Dad and I could plop $25 on Min and sit comfortably and watch an Eagles win.

Let's make it happen. Bet the house....

nephillymike
I just checked with Wall Street.

Need to lay 16 to win 10 on MIN on the money line.

That's a rich vig for a 3 Pt road favorite.

Mikeynumbers betting Min -3 would only ensure a Vikings win by less than 3, and that won't do anyone any good, as well as being a gut wrenching loss.

The money line is the way to go to have a happy Sunday.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.