Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vikings Fan here!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Harry Hit Man
Good morning! I am super pumped about the game this weekend! I live in Fargo ND so I am very familiar with Wentz. I think it is going to be interesting how he handles the Vikings pass rush on sunday, mainly because before this past week he was #1 vs the blitz.

I would like to hear what you guys think are the major matchups for this game and your teams strengths against my team.

Thanks and I am interested to hear your comments!
Birdman420
I think our O-Line turned to swiss cheese without LJ in.

You're going to have fun watching your defense run us over and we'll go into our 3rd straight loss talking about who to cut and which college wr's we should draft.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Harry Hit Man @ Oct 17 2016, 11:10 AM) *
Good morning! I am super pumped about the game this weekend! I live in Fargo ND so I am very familiar with Wentz. I think it is going to be interesting how he handles the Vikings pass rush on sunday, mainly because before this past week he was #1 vs the blitz.

I would like to hear what you guys think are the major matchups for this game and your teams strengths against my team.

I think it really comes down to both offensive lines, which are probably the two biggest weaknesses for both our teams.

The other big variable will be our DL. I expect yours comes to play. Ours is great, at times, but seem to go invisible from time to time (like yesterday).

Your defense will be the best unit on the field, but if they allow Wentz to get comfortable early, he can handle it. The Redskins rattled him from the first snap and he just didn't look like himself yesterday (although he still made a few unbelievable plays in the face of pressure).

Joegrane
He'll be 'handling it' while on his butt

Vikes fans are going to have some fun this weekend.

QUOTE (Harry Hit Man @ Oct 17 2016, 12:10 PM) *

Harry Hit Man
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 17 2016, 11:46 AM) *
I think it really comes down to both offensive lines, which are probably the two biggest weaknesses for both our teams.

The other big variable will be our DL. I expect yours comes to play. Ours is great, at times, but seem to go invisible from time to time (like yesterday).

Your defense will be the best unit on the field, but if they allow Wentz to get comfortable early, he can handle it. The Redskins rattled him from the first snap and he just didn't look like himself yesterday (although he still made a few unbelievable plays in the face of pressure).

I agree with the O line part, it will be interesting to see if Jake Long plays this week and at what position. We have definitely been hit hard by the injury bug this season but I love the way the team has responded.

Do you think Bradfords knowledge of the Eagles or visa versa will have any impact on the game?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Harry Hit Man @ Oct 19 2016, 11:22 AM) *
Do you think Bradfords knowledge of the Eagles or visa versa will have any impact on the game?

I think it's probably overstated on both sides. I doubt it's a factor.
nephillymike
I think our Head Coach did your excellent D a huge favor by starting the same over matched RT this week.

We should have Wentz do about six designed runs to slow down the pass rush.

You guys are the favorite, rightfully so.

I think we'll hold you to 20 or less, but not sure if we get to 21
Dreagon
I'm really hoping I get to watch this game...especially since we play both of you guys later.

The Minnesota defense is undeniably the best I've seen this year. But they aren't exactly an offensive powerhouse and the Eagles may be the best defense they've faced so far. What's going to be interesting to watch as a Cowboys fan, is how the Viking's league's worst rushing attack fares against the Eagles front seven. Also, Bradford's game management approach to quarterbacking has some similarities to Prescott, so I want to see how that goes.

Unfortunately, the Eagles offense and Viking's defense have little in common with ours so that probably won't be as informative of a matchup.

It still promises to be a great game, and I'm hoping they play it down here.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 20 2016, 10:11 AM) *
Also, Bradford's game management approach to quarterbacking has some similarities to Prescott, so I want to see how that goes.

Quick! Someone check on RF to make sure his head doesn't explode.
Dreagon
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 20 2016, 10:29 AM) *

I'm not saying they are identical, and from what I've seen Bradford is a little more prone to go downfield than Prescott, but I'm just saying they have enough in common to make for some useful observations.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 20 2016, 10:39 AM) *
I'm not saying they are identical, and from what I've seen Bradford is a little more prone to go downfield than Prescott, but I'm just saying they have enough in common to make for some useful observations.

I know. I'm just breaking balls here.

Sam definitely throws deep. In fact, coming out of OK he was the best deep passer I had ever seen. I just find that he either does that or checks down to his RB more than I like.

He's doing a hell of a job this year though. They aren't asking him to do too much, but he's doing everything he needs to do.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 20 2016, 11:29 AM) *

Now need for me to defend Sammy....he is doing just fine on his own.....lol
JeeQ
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 20 2016, 08:39 AM) *

It's actually a great comparison. Two well balanced teams that just needed a QB who could stay the fuck out of his own way. The true test will come when one of them has to take over a game and win it themselves this season.

Week 7 & Week 8 Anyone? Hopefully both suffering losses and coming down to Earth where they belong with Lord Wentz, Savior Of Philadelphia standing atop their fallen corpses?

Yes please wub.gif One day one of our WRs is going to learn how to catch a football and then the league is going to be put on notice!
Harry Hit Man
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 19 2016, 08:24 PM) *
I think our Head Coach did your excellent D a huge favor by starting the same over matched RT this week.

We should have Wentz do about six designed runs to slow down the pass rush.

You guys are the favorite, rightfully so.

I think we'll hold you to 20 or less, but not sure if we get to 21

I have big doubts that you will get to 21, I am thinking you get to 10.

My prediction is 34-10 Vikings, Wentz gets sacked 6 times and throws a pick. Going to be a long day I think for your offense.
D Rock
QUOTE (Harry Hit Man @ Oct 21 2016, 03:59 PM) *
I have big doubts that you will get to 21, I am thinking you get to 10.

My prediction is 34-10 Vikings, Wentz gets sacked 6 times and throws a pick. Going to be a long day I think for your offense.

Nobody asked you for your dumbass prediction. Sammy Sleeves is a fraud who WILL be exposed on Sunday.

Book it.

Minny fans are all giant douche bags.
Harry Hit Man
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 21 2016, 10:29 AM) *
Nobody asked you for your dumbass prediction. Sammy Sleeves is a fraud who WILL be exposed on Sunday.

Book it.

Wow, thank you for your brilliant analysis. You are proving a lot of what I am hearing about Philly fans. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black on being a douche.
Harry Hit Man
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 21 2016, 10:29 AM) *

Book it.

I need someone to ask before I can give a prediction? You need to STFU you sound like a big Piece of $hit.... which in real life you probably are.
Reality Fan
This is fun
D Rock
QUOTE (Harry Hit Man @ Oct 21 2016, 03:52 PM) *
Wow, thank you for your brilliant analysis. You are proving a lot of what I am hearing about Philly fans. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black on being a douche.

Eat a bag of dicks. You represent the enemy this week, and are clearly a pompous ass hat. Be gone with you. You wont be here come monday.
Harry Hit Man
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 21 2016, 01:31 PM) *
Eat a bag of dicks. You represent the enemy this week, and are clearly a pompous ass hat. Be gone with you. You wont be here come monday.

I will be back monday, and I will bet that your fan base is complaining about how bad your team is, coach needs to be fired, etc....
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Harry Hit Man @ Oct 21 2016, 03:01 PM) *
I will be back monday, and I will bet that your fan base is complaining about how bad your team is, coach needs to be fired, etc....

Whoa horsey.....win lose or draw there will be no sane fan calling for Pederson to be fired. Sadly, you devolve into typical stereotypes rather than actual facts. If the Eagles lose there will be criticism to be sure but what fan base does not do the same after a loss?

I am a fan of Bradford after his stay with the Eagles so this is a tough game for me. That being said, I think this is going to be a crazy game.
Joegrane
I agree with RF.

The expectations are low. If they can be somewhat competitive with one of the best teams in the NFC there won't be major criticism of the coaches.

I expect the NFL's punishment of the Eagles with borderline calls to end and the Eagles players--esp F Cox--to be more careful. The more reasonable number of penalties will be one fewer obstacle to overcome.

I don't expect Sam to have a big game against the Eagles D, especially early in the game. The D should be fired up after the debacle in DC. However if the O is hapless and time of possession is very unbalanced, things could get ugly late in the first half and later.

However I don't see the Eagles O Line handling the front 7 of Vikes. I'll be surprised if they score more than 10pts.

Without help from TOs or ST big plays I won't be surprised if neither team scores more than 20pts.

I don't expect this to be a big rivalry game unlike DJax coming to back to Philly. Sam chose to sign here. He had a nice 2nd half last year and has friends here. The Kid has shown why the Eagles rolled the dice for him. Sam has in MN what he has wanted and has been showing what he can do on a talented team. Mn has their savior at QB. Philly got the picks they wanted. It has been a rare win-win for everyone.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 22 2016, 09:38 AM) *
Whoa horsey.....win lose or draw there will be no sane fan calling for Pederson to be fired. Sadly, you devolve into typical stereotypes rather than actual facts. If the Eagles lose there will be criticism to be sure but what fan base does not do the same after a loss?

I am a fan of Bradford after his stay with the Eagles so this is a tough game for me. That being said, I think this is going to be a crazy game.

Rick
I guess our resident Vikings' fan has decided better of coming back to talk smack after this game...
Zero
QUOTE (Rick @ Oct 23 2016, 06:42 PM) *
I guess our resident Vikings' fan has decided better of coming back to talk smack after this game...

To be fair, he did say he'd be back on Monday.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 23 2016, 05:44 PM) *
To be fair, he did say he'd be back on Monday.

We'll leave the light on!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 23 2016, 06:56 PM) *

and it is because of comments like this one that I say "Mikey, you are the man!"....lol
D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 23 2016, 11:56 PM) *

laugh.gif
xsv
QUOTE (Harry Hit Man @ Oct 17 2016, 12:10 PM) *

Where you at Harry?

Come get yourself an oversized helping of crow.
mcnabbulous
I'm surprised our old friend ndkel (or whatever it was) didn't stop by to pay us a visit this week. I'm not surprised he hasn't stopped by since the game ended.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.