Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nelson Sucked - again...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
Five of Carson Wentz's eight incompletions were passes to Nelson Agholor, who was targeted seven times and came up with the ball twice. Wentz didn't miss connections with any of his other receivers more than once.
Cowboyhater
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 11 2016, 04:51 PM) *
Five of Carson Wentz's eight incompletions were passes to Nelson Agholor, who was targeted seven times and came up with the ball twice. Wentz didn't miss connections with any of his other receivers more than once.

I don't think he ever stopped stinking, just had a game where we thought there were improvements. Too many plays were he doesn't come up with the ball, no seperation.
Pila
I think he could have done better on Wentz' interception, but the pass went to the wrong shoulder - should have further lead him away from the defender instead of leading him to the defender's side. However, I don't remember him dropping any in this game...
D Rock
QUOTE (Pila @ Oct 11 2016, 06:28 PM) *
I think he could have done better on Wentz' interception, but the pass went to the wrong shoulder - should have further lead him away from the defender instead of leading him to the defender's side. However, I don't remember him dropping any in this game...

Could have "done better?"

He did nothing, so "better" is hardly setting the bar high. He ran a lazy route. Failed to locate the ball, didn't even bother to jump.

Any B rate receiver catches that 50/50 ball. Any C rate receiver at least contests it and watches it fall incomplete.

The throw was less than perfect. But, I like the decision there (assuming low end competence from a professional receiver).
Phits
I've always wondered why receivers don't defend "errant" passes. I would much rather an offensive PI penalty than a turnover. Is there a rule that prevents this?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 11 2016, 03:56 PM) *
I've always wondered why receivers don't defend "errant" passes. I would much rather an offensive PI penalty than a turnover. Is there a rule that prevents this?

Offensive PI is the rule.
Cowboyhater
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 11 2016, 08:56 PM) *

Good receivers do. I think that mathews would have caught or knocked the ball away.
Rick
QUOTE (Pila @ Oct 11 2016, 02:28 PM) *

Regardless of whether the ball was thrown poorly--it was but not that poorly--the receiver has to help bail his QB out. Balls aren't perfect every time. NA is a disgrace for as good as he should be. No effort...
Pila
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 11 2016, 09:49 PM) *
Could have "done better?"

He did nothing, so "better" is hardly setting the bar high. He ran a lazy route. Failed to locate the ball, didn't even bother to jump.

Any B rate receiver catches that 50/50 ball. Any C rate receiver at least contests it and watches it fall incomplete.

The throw was less than perfect. But, I like the decision there (assuming low end competence from a professional receiver).

Listen here, Buster! Nelson Agolhor... Ahgolor... where ever the fuck that "H" goes, is a hall-of-fame bound receiver, a'ight? Sure, he could have done better there, and sure, he's highly inconsistent... but dang it, hater, how about this play?

https://t.co/rFv2kCOeO4
mcnabbulous
Certainly the most frustrating thing about Nelson is his flashes of quality. He's really our only vertical threat, which is likely the primary reason he's on the field.

He doesn't look nearly as explosive as I thought he did during his rookie preseason though.
Pila
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 12 2016, 07:46 PM) *
Certainly the most frustrating thing about Nelson is his flashes of quality. He's really our only vertical threat, which is likely the primary reason he's on the field.

He doesn't look nearly as explosive as I thought he did during his rookie preseason though.

He gets pretty good separation. He's just infuriatingly inconsistent plucking the ball out of the air. His cuts in and out of breaks are elite.
D Rock
QUOTE (Pila @ Oct 12 2016, 06:57 PM) *
Listen here, Buster! Nelson Agolhor... Ahgolor... where ever the fuck that "H" goes, is a hall-of-fame bound receiver, a'ight? Sure, he could have done better there, and sure, he's highly inconsistent... but dang it, hater, how about this play?

https://t.co/rFv2kCOeO4

He caught a ball that hit him in the hands?

- neat

rolleyes.gif tongue.gif
Pila
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 13 2016, 03:57 PM) *
He caught a ball that hit him in the hands?

- neat

rolleyes.gif tongue.gif

That's what I said!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.