Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lane suspended
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
It's official. 10 games starts now.
D Rock
Let's hope Big V can play...
nephillymike
I think I'd rather go with Barbre at T and Wiz at G
Phits
FWIW

Sources: Eagles will start rookie Halapoulivaati Vaitai at RT and leave Allen Barbre at LG

Originally Pederson said he had planned to move Barbre outside and start either rookie Isaac Seumalo or more recently veteran Stefen Wisniewski at guard.

"That still could happen,'' the coach said. "We're going over all the options. Do we really want to disrupt two positions? And Allen has played very well at left guard.''

Vaitai, who has yet to be active for a game this season, has impressed the coaching staff in practice.

"He hasn't gotten any reps with the first team, but with the second unit he goes against out first team defensive line every day,'' Pederson said of the big rookie. "He's done nice job against what I think is a real good line. What he's done there gives us the confidence that if we have to put him in there, we wouldn't bat an eye.''

Vaitai, 6-6, 315 pounds, was an All Big 12 second team selection in both 2015 and 2016 at TCU where he played both left tackle and right tackle.
Joegrane
I'm surprised he got the full 10 games. I was really hoping for a modest reduction.

My understanding is that the substance he took prior to the first suspension is now acceptable (legal). That seem to be enough of a reason for a reduction in the suspension.

It seems reasonable to give Big V a try at OT. At that position you can provide more help than you can an OG. Neither backup OG was impressive in the preseason.

I really was disappointed about that loss in Detroit. I fear this could be a very bad stretch of games. They might not be favored to win another game before week 14--Skins in Philly. After a bad stretch of games they may not be favored again for the remainder of the season.

How much of the difference in the D in the second half vs first half of the Lions game was due to the difference between Bradham and Kendricks?

How much greater difference is there between the elite Right OT, L Johnson and a rookie 5th rounder?

Hopefully the kid can hold his own when given some help from a TE or RB.

One encouraging stat is CW's amazing numbers against the blitz. I'm sure he'll be running more often.

I bet we will continue to see more of DGB. He at least gives CW a chance when the other WRs are covered and he needs to throw a jump ball. Agholor may turn out to be an okay #2 WR but clearly he has shown he is not the target for jump balls. I bet we'll see DGB start a few games this year.

We need to pray that J Peters stays healthy.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 11 2016, 10:54 AM) *
It's official. 10 games starts now.
Reality Fan
I think it is a good idea to keep the line intact and just play the rookie at tackle....the rest are playing well, no sense upsetting that. It is not like Barbre is a stellar tackle...or even a good one. He is playing well at guard and at worst, The V guy (lol) is likely as good as Barbre.

With the Eagles already playing with house money this season can't hurt to see if they have their tackles of the future already on the team.
Rick
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 11 2016, 10:37 PM) *
I'm surprised he got the full 10 games. I was really hoping for a modest reduction.

My understanding is that the substance he took prior to the first suspension is now acceptable (legal). That seem to be enough of a reason for a reduction in the suspension.

It seems reasonable to give Big V a try at OT. At that position you can provide more help than you can an OG. Neither backup OG was impressive in the preseason.

I really was disappointed about that loss in Detroit. I fear this could be a very bad stretch of games. They might not be favored to win another game before week 14--Skins in Philly. After a bad stretch of games they may not be favored again for the remainder of the season.

How much of the difference in the D in the second half vs first half of the Lions game was due to the difference between Bradham and Kendricks?

How much greater difference is there between the elite Right OT, L Johnson and a rookie 5th rounder?

Hopefully the kid can hold his own when given some help from a TE or RB.

One encouraging stat is CW's amazing numbers against the blitz. I'm sure he'll be running more often.

I bet we will continue to see more of DGB. He at least gives CW a chance when the other WRs are covered and he needs to throw a jump ball. Agholor may turn out to be an okay #2 WR but clearly he has shown he is not the target for jump balls. I bet we'll see DGB start a few games this year.

We need to pray that J Peters stays healthy.

I think the offense will be as fine as we can expect it to be. I feel like the line will do a decent job. Receivers will still suck--their biggest problem. I really hope they cut NA's time. They seem to be giving him more and more opportunities and he keeps not taking advantage of them. I'd like to see more of DGB to see if he is going to be good.

This defense--as long as they don't have long lapses like the first half of the other day--will keep the Eagles in any game. That will help the offense not play with too much pressure.

I just hope we aren't looking at a bit of a stretch of losing close games. They really need to come out and play well this week and win. It's a slippery slope if they don't win this week...
Zero
I'm guessing we may see more of the 3 TE sets to support Big V, at least until they know how he'll hold up. I wonder if Tobin can catch the ball. wink.gif
D Rock
I'm w Z. I would expect more 3 TE sets. Even some Tobin as 3rd TE if he struggles.
mcnabbulous
Carson's mobility and pocket awareness are going to help mitigate this loss. One of the many reasons he is such an unbelievable weapon.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 12 2016, 12:13 PM) *
Carson's mobility and pocket awareness are going to help mitigate this loss. One of the many reasons he is such an unbelievable weapon.

15-1 biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.