Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The worst aspect of yesterday's loss
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
Is seeing that DP wont be duplicating Reid's striking success in post bye games.

I was particularly disappointed to see them look so sloppy, and undisciplined. Add to that the seeming schematic shortcomings in the first half, and it's clear the time off served to lessen focus.

We're sitting in a good spot, but good teams win those games.
mcnabbulous
The worst part was the officials.
Phits
The worst part was the D in the first half.
The Franchise
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 10 2016, 01:15 PM) *
Is seeing that DP wont be duplicating Reid's striking success in post bye games.

Fortunately, he understands basic math and knows how to manage a clock. I'll happily trade that for a guaranteed bye loss every year, though obviously we should've won that game.
Phits
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Oct 10 2016, 02:31 PM) *
Fortunately, he understands basic math and knows how to manage a clock. I'll happily trade that for a guaranteed bye loss every year, though obviously we should've won that game.

It was refreshing to see that we had all out timeouts as the game wound down, certainly not typical of the AR era. There were a few occasions CW took a delay of game penalty rather than call a timeout. Makes me wonder if DP is selling the value of timeouts to the rookie.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 10 2016, 02:39 PM) *
It was refreshing to see that we had all out timeouts as the game wound down, certainly not typical of the AR era. There were a few occasions CW took a delay of game penalty rather than call a timeout. Makes me wonder if DP is selling the value of timeouts to the rookie.

Yeah I'm happy overall, even though we lost. We weren't going 16-0, learn your lessons now.
Rick
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Oct 10 2016, 02:45 PM) *
Yeah I'm happy overall, even though we lost. We weren't going 16-0, learn your lessons now.

Yup, painful to lose that game because they should have won but, as I tell the kids when I coach, you learn a lot more when you lose than when you win. Hopefully, they learned a thing or two (coach included).

I would also hope to never again see such a shit effort (if you want to call it that) from the defense like they were in the first half. That was what lost the game.
Joegrane
How much of that was due to Kendrick's PT vs Bradham's?

QUOTE (Rick @ Oct 10 2016, 06:58 PM) *
Yup, painful to lose that game because they should have won but, as I tell the kids when I coach, you learn a lot more when you lose than when you win. Hopefully, they learned a thing or two (coach included).

I would also hope to never again see such a shit effort (if you want to call it that) from the defense like they were in the first half. That was what lost the game.

Rick
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 10 2016, 10:21 PM) *
How much of that was due to Kendrick's PT vs Bradham's?

I think that was a contributing factor but nobody on defense looked good in that first half.
Zero
QUOTE (Rick @ Oct 11 2016, 05:48 AM) *
I think that was a contributing factor but nobody on defense looked good in that first half.

DL was like night and day in the two halves. They were getting no push in the first half and were abusing the OL in the second. When they don't play up to their potential the defense is below average and it shows the need for CB upgrades and the need for quality depth at LB.
D Rock
Fletcher Cox is a different player on the road. Especially in the 1st half.
Pila
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 10 2016, 06:15 PM) *

I was particularly disappointed to see them look so sloppy, and undisciplined. Add to that the seeming schematic shortcomings in the first half, and it's clear the time off served to lessen focus.

We're sitting in a good spot, but good teams win those games.

Schwartz was out-schemed. Lions had a good offensive plan. Schwarts was always a step behind until the Lions exhausted their surprises.

Pedey made a mistake to defer the ball to the Lions, I think. Getting the ball first allows for the receiving team to dictate the clock. And that's what they did.
Rick
QUOTE (Pila @ Oct 11 2016, 02:49 PM) *
Schwartz was out-schemed. Lions had a good offensive plan. Schwarts was always a step behind until the Lions exhausted their surprises.

Pedey made a mistake to defer the ball to the Lions, I think. Getting the ball first allows for the receiving team to dictate the clock. And that's what they did.

That wasn't scheme. The Lions didn't do anything crazy. The defense just didn't show up at all for the first half. Nobody was doing anything to get after it. Missed tackles, over-pursuing, etc. That's not scheming, that's not showing up to play.

Just glad they got their act together in the 2nd half but the damage was already done.
D Rock
QUOTE (Rick @ Oct 11 2016, 07:36 PM) *
That wasn't scheme. The Lions didn't do anything crazy. The defense just didn't show up at all for the first half. Nobody was doing anything to get after it. Missed tackles, over-pursuing, etc. That's not scheming, that's not showing up to play.

Just glad they got their act together in the 2nd half but the damage was already done.

It was most certainly scheme. It's not like there were 20 missed tackles. Guys were wide open, mis direction was working and guys were untouched and wide open. That's scheme, man.
mcnabbulous
Our defense was getting mauled. I really don't know why you guys are glossing over that. It's really easy to run outside the tackles when the tackles are egregiously holding the defensive ends.

Rick
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 11 2016, 04:41 PM) *
It was most certainly scheme. It's not like there were 20 missed tackles. Guys were wide open, mis direction was working and guys were untouched and wide open. That's scheme, man.

Yes, they did miss a ton of tackles. Yes, guys were open...because there was less than a good effort from the D line and linebackers. It wasn't scheme. They did nothing special. The defense just didn't get it done. There was no spark.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.