Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I dunno how you give the ball to matthews in that situation
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
That's like the 5th time in his career he's fumbled late in the game with his team in winning position.
JeeQ
Feel bad for the kid... He just set the rookie record at 134 before that interception. Now all Dakota Prescott needs is 4 passes to break that record
nephillymike
Is that right?

I thought he did it once before for us.

Didn't make the effort to have two hands on the ball.

Weak.

Notice how hardly anyone came over to him when he was sulking.

Weak.
mcnabbulous
The ball was also touched by players who were out of bounds. But regardless, it was an awful playcall.
The Franchise
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 9 2016, 03:08 PM) *
That's like the 5th time in his career he's fumbled late in the game with his team in winning position.

I've never liked Matthews. Besides looking like the retard at McDonald's who fucks up your order when all you want are french fries, he was a shoe-in disaster for any fantasy team owner in San Diego.

I get not wanting to overwork Sproles, but get some other guys in there and cut this dead weight. And yeah, how does he get the ball in that situation?

Pederson called a good overall game again. Let's see if he learns from that fuckup.
Joegrane
It is strange that a veteran back is not carrying the ball in the correct hand.

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Oct 9 2016, 05:15 PM) *
I've never liked Matthews. Besides looking like the retard at McDonald's who fucks up your order when all you want are french fries, he was a shoe-in disaster for any fantasy team owner in San Diego.

I get not wanting to overwork Sproles, but get some other guys in there and cut this dead weight. And yeah, how does he get the ball in that situation?

Pederson called a good overall game again. Let's see if he learns from that fuckup.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Oct 9 2016, 04:15 PM) *

You would be a regular at McDonald's
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 9 2016, 05:19 PM) *

And you would be helping Matthews count out how many sauce packets are being given out.
Eyrie
I would have though ball security would have been the most important thing there, since having to punt would have left Detroit having to go fifty yards to get into field goal range. Matthews fucked up by carrying on the wrong side.
Zero
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Oct 9 2016, 05:15 PM) *

I was surprised Smallwood didn't get a couple of touches. He's supposed to be great catching the ball out of the backfield and with their depleted LBs it would seem a good time to give it a shot.
mcnabbulous
They should have put the ball in our best offensive player's hands. Wentz.

It's a QB's league. Live and die by it.
Phits
The playcall is a non factor. Mathews should have secured the ball. End of story.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 9 2016, 09:21 PM) *
The playcall is a non factor. Mathews should have secured the ball. End of story.

But even if he does, he is tackled, we punt and lose control of our own fate. That's my problem with the playcall.

We played not to lose, which seems to be the antithesis of how Doug had been calling plays in previous games.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 9 2016, 08:50 PM) *
The ball was also touched by players who were out of bounds. But regardless, it was an awful playcall.

D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 9 2016, 09:19 PM) *

laugh.gif
Rick
Matthews screwed up BIGTIME, however, as soon as they started the play I'm yelling at the TV, "What the hell are you running!!??" Why run a pitch out like that at 3rd and 2??? Give the defense time to react to the play on a slow-developing play like that. Either hit it quick or--my choice--use Wentz on a naked bootleg dragging a receiver along with him 5 yards downfield. Wentz could fall forward for a 1st down or throw if they come in on him. He's great throwing on the run and seems to make great decisions.

But the real thing that lost that game was the shit defense in the 1st half. I felt like we were watching last year's defense. No life. No tackling. Everyone over-reacting to plays (or not reacting at all) and getting caught out of position.

They should have won that game.

But, you learn WAY more in a loss than a win. Sucks to lose but I still like Wentz and where he's headed. We (obviously) still need to get receivers who will get some separation. And NA HAS to make more of an effort to either catch that ball Wentz threw or (at least) tackle the defender and get a penalty to try and keep him from catching it. Was a shit effort to get the ball. The ball was thrown poorly but the receiver needs to bail him out in the situation. He made little effort to get that ball.

Hate to see them lose but would rather get it out of the way now and see if they learn from it. Plenty of time to recover and they're still in 1st place in the NFC East.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.