Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just fucking great
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
SAM I Am
nm
nephillymike
Weak Mathews
Cowboyhater
Should have been eagles ball, touching ball while out of bounds.
Phits
QUOTE (Cowboyhater @ Oct 9 2016, 03:55 PM) *
Should have been eagles ball, touching ball while out of bounds.

Nah. It was the right call.
Cowboyhater
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 10 2016, 02:17 AM) *
Nah. It was the right call.

It was touching the center as he slid out of bounds. You don't need possession, just contact to make it a dead ball.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Cowboyhater @ Oct 10 2016, 03:51 PM) *
It was touching the center as he slid out of bounds. You don't need possession, just contact to make it a dead ball.

This is correct.

Most people were looking at the wrong thing; to see if the DET player touched the ball while out of bounds. (This is what I did)

Instead, they should have looked to see if any player touched it while out of bounds, and if they did this, they would have seen Kelce touch the ball while out of bounds which is dead ball, Eagles possession. No doubt Vigoda and crew were watching the wrong thing. I mean any crew that forgets the Lions are on D and sees the DE down field and calls illegal man down field on the offense, who would put it past them?

Phits
QUOTE (Cowboyhater @ Oct 10 2016, 04:51 PM) *

The replays don't show conclusive evidence that it touched Kelce. It appears that it may have, and likely did, but the evidence doesn't support it entirely.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Cowboyhater @ Oct 10 2016, 09:51 PM) *

I thought at the time that Kelce did make contact with the ball but assumed that he needed possession so disregarded it.

Now I know that we were shafted by the officials.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 11 2016, 02:24 AM) *
The replays don't show conclusive evidence that it touched Kelce. It appears that it may have, and likely did, but the evidence doesn't support it entirely.

I came to the same conclusion after watching the replay online.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.