Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lane Johnson
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
LJ is still a cloud hanging over the season. From what I've heard he has a decent chance of getting a positive outcome in his appeal for two reasons. First, apparently the PED he used in 2014 is no longer banned (I heard this on the radio but haven't' found anything to confirm it). Second, the app provided to him by the NFLPA apparently listed the supplement he's in trouble for now as being clear of banned PEDs. He may lose the appeal and get the 10 game suspension, he may get the suspension reduced to 4 games or, it's possible he wins the appeal.

No matter what happens, the NFL and NFLPA need to tighten up their drug program as it applies to PEDs.
nephillymike
IMO, they should have a NFL store where only approved supplements are sold to the players. Forbid the players to buy the things anywhere else.

NFL could negotiate good deals with the suppliers, mark it up and make a penny on it!
Joegrane
If that is all true a reduction in the suspension seems fair.

QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 2 2016, 07:56 AM) *
LJ is still a cloud hanging over the season. From what I've heard he has a decent chance of getting a positive outcome in his appeal for two reasons. First, apparently the PED he used in 2014 is no longer banned (I heard this on the radio but haven't' found anything to confirm it). Second, the app provided to him by the NFLPA apparently listed the supplement he's in trouble for now as being clear of banned PEDs. He may lose the appeal and get the 10 game suspension, he may get the suspension reduced to 4 games or, it's possible he wins the appeal.

No matter what happens, the NFL and NFLPA need to tighten up their drug program as it applies to PEDs.

Reality Fan
It is a bizarre situation...if he did use the App the NFLPA provided you would think he has some cover....very odd
Joegrane
Even if he used the app, he still could have been taking something illegal.

If a Presidential candidate can try to BS her way out of trouble, so can O Linemen.

Of course if he was not taking something illegal and the B sample while taking the same legal stuff comes back with similar numbers, a 10 game suspension is not fair.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 2 2016, 11:09 AM) *
It is a bizarre situation...if he did use the App the NFLPA provided you would think he has some cover....very odd

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 2 2016, 07:50 PM) *
If a Presidential candidate can try to BS her way out of trouble, so can O Linemen.

Way to keep it relevant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.