Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do You agree with this statement
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
If the Eagles fail to make the playoffs this year, it will be a huge disappointment.

Anyone?

I will say yes to this.

I'd like to believe that were are the best in the division. If Sheli or fraud Cousins or Dak lead their teams to a division title over our Wentz lead team with our D, I would be very disappointed.

If one of them catches lightning and wins with an 11-5 record to our non playoff 10-6, then that will be easier to take, but would still sting.
Reality Fan
From what we have seen int he first 3 games I would have to agree.
D Rock
I think "huge disappointment" is a bit of an overstatement.
Zero
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 2 2016, 01:49 AM) *
I think "huge disappointment" is a bit of an overstatement.

Agree, especially considering how we felt three weeks ago. It's great that Wentz has jumped off the page with his very un rookie-like play, but the fact is that he's still a rookie. As more and more of the Eagles' tape is available good D coordinators will have more to work with in finding weaknesses in both Wentz and the other rookie, Pederson.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 2 2016, 03:55 AM) *
If the Eagles fail to make the playoffs this year, it will be a huge disappointment.

Anyone?

I will say yes to this.

I'd like to believe that were are the best in the division. If Sheli or fraud Cousins or Dak lead their teams to a division title over our Wentz lead team with our D, I would be very disappointed.

If one of them catches lightning and wins with an 11-5 record to our non playoff 10-6, then that will be easier to take, but would still sting.

Why? Because they got out to a 3-0 start with two of the wins coming against arguably the two weakest teams in the NFL?

That was the easiest part of the Eagle's schedule. Add in the matter that other teams are getting more tape on Pederson and Wentz by the week. It gets a lot tougher from here on out. Johnson being suspended does not help.

It has been a great start to the season and I am enjoying the ride. I will be disappointed If they somehow get to 8 wins before week 12 and don't make the playoffs.
nephillymike
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Oct 2 2016, 07:32 AM) *
Why? Because they got out to a 3-0 start with two of the wins coming against arguably the two weakest teams in the NFL?

That was the easiest part of the Eagle's schedule. Add in the matter that other teams are getting more tape on Pederson and Wentz by the week. It gets a lot tougher from here on out. Johnson being suspended does not help.

It has been a great start to the season and I am enjoying the ride. I will be disappointed If they somehow get to 8 wins before week 12 and don't make the playoffs.

Are they good enough to go 7-6 the rest of the way?
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 2 2016, 01:40 PM) *
Are they good enough to go 7-6 the rest of the way?

Tough to say giving the reasons I posted. They could go 2-2 over the next four games. My guess is they beat Det, lose to Min and split Was/Dal. That gets them to 5-2 and in a real good position for a playoff push.
Eyrie
It would only be a huge disappointment if we'd had genuine expectations of making the playoffs before the season started.

Right now making the play offs will be a successful season, and not making them a minor disappointment simply because of how poor our division is.
Joegrane
Disagree. I have no idea how the O Line will function without its best player and one of the best players on the team--Lane Johnson.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 1 2016, 11:55 PM) *

Anyone?

I will say yes to this.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.