Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Josh Gordon?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
He checked himself into rehab and the Browns are rumored to be ready to release him.

Is he worth taking a risk on? Certainly he has the talent, and he would dramatically improve the depth of our receivers

mcnabbulous
It seems to align with Howie's current thinking. Take more risks on players to make up for missing draft picks (see: Mills and DGB).

I would do it. Get Gordon out of that dump in Cleveland and with an up and coming team. It could motivate him. He's definitely a stud.

Zero
If they release him I'd think he would be snatched before the Eagles get a chance. If not, I'd vote yes.
Reality Fan
Only an idiot would sign this guy......christ, how many times does he have to show you who he is? This is not his first or second time. This is his 10th or 11th.

I am not against taking risks but this is not a risk, it is a waste of time. For god's sake, he was already banned and begging to come back and when he gets permission to finally come back he can't even stay clean before his first day.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 30 2016, 04:52 PM) *
Only an idiot would sign this guy......christ, how many times does he have to show you who he is? This is not his first or second time. This is his 10th or 11th.

I am not against taking risks but this is not a risk, it is a waste of time. For god's sake, he was already banned and begging to come back and when he gets permission to finally come back he can't even stay clean before his first day.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 14 2013, 01:15 PM) *
I am still trying to figure out how anyone would try to defend a knucklehead like Mathieu. I he had that many issues when he he knew there was a focus on him and in an environment when he had to have babysitters what happens when he gets to the pros and can tell them to fuck off? He is definitely not worth any risk because he has demonstrated that he is an idiot.

Pila
I'm not sure this guy isn't a top 3 WR. But it seems certain he's unable to prevent his own self-destruction. What a shame.
Reality Fan
I like that you have no life but to equate Mathieu situation to Gordon is par for the course....how old was Honeybadger when he had his problems? It is radically different. I did not want Mathieu and I am still good with that. I applaud his rebirth but he was not worth the risk. Gordon has had problems and they continue at the age of 25 and with the impact far greater than not being able to play for his college team. No surprise you find the cases similar but Mathieu was not on his 6th or 7th chance.
nephillymike
Well,there are rumors that the NFL may take pot off the banned list.

It's a joke anyway.

The Eagles guys of the Reid era were big time pot heads. Only thing was, they somehow knew when they were getting tested.

If it's only pot, sign him up and fire up!

Our WR's suck. So what if we have to cut Huff?

I'm sure he'll be available afterwards if Pot head gets caught again!
mcnabbulous
No I just find it funny how you think everyone who isn't like you or doesn't think like you is such an idiot.

Dumb this. Idiot that. Yet here we are 3.5 years later and you look like the blowhard idiot, per usual.

Your whole schtick wouldn't be so obnoxious if you left a bit of gray area. But you're so fucking opinionated and so often so very wrong that it's worth calling out.

You had the same schtick with Mathieu as you have now. You were wrong then and chances are you'll be wrong now because that seems to be the way it goes.

The guy is in rehab. He has issues with substance abuse. It doesn't make him an idiot. It makes him human. Without a proper support system, it's hard to overcome those issues. Provide him that and he's well worth the risk.

People grow. People change. Other than you apparently.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 1 2016, 02:21 PM) *
No I just find it funny how you think everyone who isn't like you or doesn't think like you is such an idiot.

Dumb this. Idiot that. Yet here we are 3.5 years later and you look like the blowhard idiot, per usual.

Your whole schtick wouldn't be so obnoxious if you left a bit of gray area. But you're so fucking opinionated and so often so very wrong that it's worth calling out.

You had the same schtick with Mathieu as you have now. You were wrong then and chances are you'll be wrong now because that seems to be the way it goes.

The guy is in rehab. He has issues with substance abuse. It doesn't make him an idiot. It makes him human. Without a proper support system, it's hard to overcome those issues. Provide him that and he's well worth the risk.

People grow. People change. Other than you apparently.

Me? No grey area? Hey pot, this is kettle...your black.

Sorry I offend you Sally...people do change, Gordon has not, he is making the same mistakes for most of his life, you can feel bad for him but that does not change the facts and he is not the first player unable to confront his demons. That is not being opinionated, that is not being a naive little girl.(your strong suit)

As for being wrong? I will take my track record vs. yours anytime. But having you call anyone opinionated is hysterical.

Now go finish the doll house and you can have tea.
mcnabbulous
Dude your tough guy schtick is really hilarious. Let me tell you.

He's been making the same mistakes his whole life! All 25 years?!?! Engrave it on his fucking tombstone already.

Your track record is as garbage as your Donald Trump esque schtick with regards to women. Doll houses? Really old man? You're such a contemporary dude.

Fwiw, I can't wait to play doll house and tea parties with my daughter. Because I don't have any concerns about my masculinity. It's part of being a healthy, well rounded adult male.
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 1 2016, 02:10 PM) *
I like that you have no life but to equate Mathieu situation to Gordon is par for the course....how old was Honeybadger when he had his problems? It is radically different. I did not want Mathieu and I am still good with that. I applaud his rebirth but he was not worth the risk. Gordon has had problems and they continue at the age of 25 and with the impact far greater than not being able to play for his college team. No surprise you find the cases similar but Mathieu was not on his 6th or 7th chance.

I recall you as one of those who chastised me for not caring about the money the team spends. Well, this guy would be free of compensation and I still don't care about the money. If they can fix him it's great, if not nothing lost.
JeeQ
He checked himself into rehab for a weed addiction? laugh.gif

He's not fooling anybody. He knew that lifetime ban was coming the next time he tested positive so he pulls this a week before his first game
The Franchise
Why is this even a question? Get him a 24/7 babysitter and a contract with incentives (such as not getting suspended). Introduce him to vaping. Imagine Wentz having Gordon as an option.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 1 2016, 02:48 PM) *
Dude your tough guy schtick is really hilarious. Let me tell you.

He's been making the same mistakes his whole life! All 25 years?!?! Engrave it on his fucking tombstone already.

Your track record is as garbage as your Donald Trump esque schtick with regards to women. Doll houses? Really old man? You're such a contemporary dude.

Fwiw, I can't wait to play doll house and tea parties with my daughter. Because I don't have any concerns about my masculinity. It's part of being a healthy, well rounded adult male.

Ok Sally...that is me...a tough guy...an old tough guy at that...if that helps you sleep after your fear laden posts, so be it.

You are a joke...you state so many idiotic opinions that so many call you on and then weep off like a little bitch. At the end of the day I don't need to say it..you know what you are....and while we may laugh at it as long as you are good with it super. I am good with my track record...just like your opinions here make us laugh.

and I never thought about your daughter for your tea parties....that will nice when she is old enough to share your favorite past time....explaining why you are wearing a dress might take some creative excuses but hell, I am sure you have been doing that for years.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 1 2016, 06:33 PM) *
I recall you as one of those who chastised me for not caring about the money the team spends. Well, this guy would be free of compensation and I still don't care about the money. If they can fix him it's great, if not nothing lost.

It is not the money I worry about, it is the impact on other players and the distraction he may create. This guy has had Jim Brown holding his hand for several years....he had 2 chances at Baylor and this was his 4th in Cleveland. It is a real shame because he has so much talent but some people just don't have the willpower. Maybe it i s the bright lights and money, I don't know and can't explain it but when so much attention is paid to one guy and so much help given and it still happens there comes a time when you have to realize it is never going to change. As daffodil pointed out, I was wrong about Mathieu but he really only screwed up 2 times with weed in college and then got his head straight and has done well in the NFL with no issues.
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 2 2016, 12:48 AM) *
It is not the money I worry about, it is the impact on other players and the distraction he may create. This guy has had Jim Brown holding his hand for several years....he had 2 chances at Baylor and this was his 4th in Cleveland. It is a real shame because he has so much talent but some people just don't have the willpower. Maybe it i s the bright lights and money, I don't know and can't explain it but when so much attention is paid to one guy and so much help given and it still happens there comes a time when you have to realize it is never going to change. As daffodil pointed out, I was wrong about Mathieu but he really only screwed up 2 times with weed in college and then got his head straight and has done well in the NFL with no issues.

I won't be upset if they don't pursue him given the chance, but I won't be upset if they do either.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 2 2016, 06:28 AM) *
I won't be upset if they don't pursue him given the chance, but I won't be upset if they do either.

I am with you in that I won't be upset if they do, I just think it is a bad idea and a waste of time.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Oct 1 2016, 06:29 PM) *
He checked himself into rehab for a weed addiction? laugh.gif

He's not fooling anybody. He knew that lifetime ban was coming the next time he tested positive so he pulls this a week before his first game

Apparently it was alcohol.

Alcoholism is a disease. Get him help. Get him support. Get him out of Cleveland.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 1 2016, 01:10 PM) *
I did not want Mathieu and I am still good with that. I applaud his rebirth but he was not worth the risk.

And this is why you're a buffoon. You were wrong. Dead wrong. Not only has Mathieu turned into one of the better players in the league, but by all accounts, he's a great dude.

The evidence is overwhelming, but you cling to your outdated, old man opinions. Because he wasn't a perfect citizen like yourself when he was in his 20's.

But yeah, I wear dresses and play with dolls and am sensitive. Or really, I've just not been a total fucking stooge my whole life who thinks I'm better than everyone else. But I've figured your schtick out. You didn't get enough hugs as a kid. No one has ever really loved you. You resent women (which is why you associate me with one) and you're lonely.

At least Gordon had the sense to know he needed help.
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 2 2016, 12:53 PM) *
Alcoholism is a disease.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 2 2016, 01:01 PM) *
And this is why you're a buffoon. You were wrong. Dead wrong. Not only has Mathieu turned into one of the better players in the league, but by all accounts, he's a great dude.

The evidence is overwhelming, but you cling to your outdated, old man opinions. Because he wasn't a perfect citizen like yourself when he was in his 20's.

But yeah, I wear dresses and play with dolls and am sensitive. Or really, I've just not been a total fucking stooge my whole life who thinks I'm better than everyone else. But I've figured your schtick out. You didn't get enough hugs as a kid. No one has ever really loved you. You resent women (which is why you associate me with one) and you're lonely.

At least Gordon had the sense to know he needed help.

Hi Sally...as usual...blah blah blah

You are a little sissy...you keep blabbing about the old man but god forbid I would ask you to meet to see if I am an "old man" you would cower and shiver and say I was threatening you.

We get it...you are a sad little man....congrats on that...now get going you are late for the sewing circle.

Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 2 2016, 12:53 PM) *
Get him out of Cleveland.

After watching that game today and seeing the way they're trying to build a team, I don't know why any player would want to be in Cleveland.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 2 2016, 04:23 PM) *
After watching that game today and seeing the way they're trying to build a team, I don't know why any player would want to be in Cleveland.

Interesting observation, I was watching that game as well....take away the 2 fumbles by the RBs and Cleveland likely wins that game. Do you think that was a coaching issue? I get giving the FB the ball after a time out with Crowell on the sideline but I thought Jackson did a decent job. Hard to overcome 2 terrible fumbles though.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 2 2016, 03:29 PM) *
Interesting observation, I was watching that game as well....take away the 2 fumbles by the RBs and Cleveland likely wins that game. Do you think that was a coaching issue? I get giving the FB the ball after a time out with Crowell on the sideline but I thought Jackson did a decent job. Hard to overcome 2 terrible fumbles though.

The QB whisperer is a fraud!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 2 2016, 04:37 PM) *
The QB whisperer is a fraud!

hahahaha....Ol' Cody looked good for the most part...they fell apart after that 2nd fumble
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 2 2016, 03:50 PM) *
hahahaha....Ol' Cody looked good for the most part...they fell apart after that 2nd fumble

The thing I find interesting is that after Wentz's Pro Day, Jackson was quoted as saying " Oh my God, what a workout".

Then he doesn't draft him.

His loss, our gain.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 2 2016, 03:56 PM) *
The thing I find interesting is that after Wentz's Pro Day, Jackson was quoted as saying " Oh my God, what a workout".

His loss, our gain.

I think it will go down as one of the worst personnel decisions in NFL history
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 2 2016, 04:56 PM) *

His loss, our gain.

It appears that Hue had little input on personnel which seems odd and chaotic to say the least. I guess some times you have to bite your tongue to have a job that pays that well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.