Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm not sure I'd like having the name Small wood ..
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
But I'm liking me some Smallwood. I can't wait until they use him on some screens and catching the ball across the middle. Dude has some jets. Lookie here ..
Joegrane
It is interesting that he's only been used as a runner so far this season. I assumed we would see him mostly on passing downs.

He is doing what we saw in college. He takes what the O Line gives him, reads blockers well, has good straight line speed, does not dance in the backfield, does not make many defenders miss and does not run over anyone.

He has a history of having very good hands.

If he is able to hold his own in pass protection he should be a solid RB for us.

His performance this year could be important at draft time next year. If the health of Matthews and Sproles is okay this year, the Eagles could choose to keep their current group of RBs and not address the position in the draft.

If Matthews' health is quite problematic, they may choose to draft their feature RB of the future next year. However that will likely cost them a 2nd round pick that could be used to draft a CB or Rt OT.

I still wish they had drafted Oregon Rt OT Fisher instead of N Agholor. He likely would have stabilized the Rt OG spot last year and would be ready to replace L Johnson at Rt OT this year. I don't think J Huff would have been any worse than Agholor was last year and almost certainly would have been a better blocker and contributor with gadget plays.

QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 28 2016, 08:38 AM) *
But I'm liking me some Smallwood. I can't wait until they use him on some screens and catching the ball across the middle. Dude has some jets. Lookie here ..

nephillymike
Speaking of Mathews, his injury is the result of reaggravation of the non football injury he had in July!,, mad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.