Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Before all the bandwagon seats are sold
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
We're all giddy with what we're seeing, and we should be. The three game success has far exceeded everyone's expectations. The blowout win over the Steelers is "proof" this team is far better than all the pundits and all the fans predicted and those prognostications were all miserably wrong. Even Vegas was wrong.

But what if that intra PA game was a bit misleading? What if the Eagles are better than we thought but they played a Pittsburgh team that: 1) had a bad day; 2) had key injuries; 3) was missing key players? "Bad day" vs. good day for the Eagles a relevant point.

I'm not saying burn those bandwagon tickets, but maybe this team is better than we thought and not as good as we think .. me included.
It sounds like the Pittsburgh Steelers respect the Philadelphia Eagles quite a bit after their embarrassing 34-3 loss on Sunday.

Eagles defensive end Brandon Graham appeared on the 94WIP Morning Show and mentioned he received some high praise from Steelers offensive tackle Marcus Gilbert.

“[Gilbert] gave me a nice compliment after the game and just told me, ‘We’ll see you guys in the Super Bowl because ain’t nobody gonna be able to block ya’ll,’” Graham told host Angelo Cataldi.
Linc ..
Zero
We'll see what Andy does to them this week in Pittsburgh.
The defense, which had been so good in the red zone in the first two games, allowed the Eagles to score almost at will. Rookie Carson Wentz threw for 301 yards and two touchdowns, and rookie running back Wendell Smallwood rushed for 79 of Philadelphia 125 yards on the ground.

"There is room for improvement all around, whether it's the pass rush, not tackling well, not rallying to screens better, not winning third downs," defensive end Cam Heyward said. "We got our (butts) kicked. I'll simply say it like that. I got my (butt) kicked. We all got our (butts) kicked. We're going to learn from it."

Next up is a Sunday night game against Kansas City at Heinz Field. The Chiefs run the same offense as the Eagles. Philadelphia coach Doug Pederson was Andy Reid's offensive coordinator for the Chiefs the past three seasons. He no doubt will examine everything Pederson did and try to duplicate that success against the Steelers.
Here ..
nephillymike
Although the Post game show had a poll question where 72% of the 200,000 + voters said the Eagles would make it to the Super Bowl, I think the 9-7 and 10-6 predictions are very reasonable, given their outstanding play.

We're keeping hopes in check around here, except for maybe Sammies move on my guy!
Zero
And then we have the media hype to deal with. Baldy tells everyone that Wentz is Peyton Manning pre-snap and Aaron Rodgers post-snap.

Watch ..
Dreagon
The truly good times are rare. Enjoy them.

No matter how good you do this season, it appears you have your future QB and your team is heading in the right direction. Knowing that your team is likely to be even better in the future is a good feeling.
Zero
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 28 2016, 08:38 AM) *
The truly good times are rare. Enjoy them.

No matter how good you do this season, it appears you have your future QB and your team is heading in the right direction. Knowing that your team is likely to be even better in the future is a good feeling.

Actually, you must be feeling better now than you were a few months ago, especially last year. I don't get the feeling that Dak is as potentially good as Wentz, but he looks like a very capable, young QB who could flourish behind that OL. I don't see the same things from either the Redskins or Giants so in a couple of years this end up being continued showdowns between our two teams.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 28 2016, 08:18 AM) *
Actually, you must be feeling better now than you were a few months ago, especially last year. I don't get the feeling that Dak is as potentially good as Wentz, but he looks like a very capable, young QB who could flourish behind that OL. I don't see the same things from either the Redskins or Giants so in a couple of years this end up being continued showdowns between our two teams.

Dak gives me hope that at least we won't be wandering in that wasteland we spent a decade in before Romo came along. I always wonder how many of the Cowboys fans that are Romo critics remember that. If he can just continue to do solid journeyman work, then hopefully that will give us breathing room to build the team instead of getting into that draining cycle of desperately hunting the next QB.

Cousins bet on himself and settled for the franchise tag in Washington, but if things don't change soon he may have lost that bet. They have Colt McCoy behind him, who is just good enough to pull off the bench if they lose patience. If that happens, expect Snyder to start another merry-go-round in an effort to bring in the next big thing. The dumpster fire will be burning bright in the night.

The Giants still have four more years on their contract with Eli. He's as old as Romo, but not near as brittle so he may make it. On the other hand, I have never seen a QB with as much experience as him still make the goofy mistakes he does. He's good, but he ain't his brother. The guy behind him, Nassib, has been utterly dreadful. He may be number 2 with the purpose of covering a game or two if Eli goes down, but he is definitely not their next QB.

Wentze looks like the real deal, so you guys know you can look forward and focus on building around him.
mcnabbulous
If we could somehow score home field advantage (which I don't anticipate) we can beat anyone. That I'm sure of.

Keep cheering for Seattle, Carolina and Green Bay to lose. Those are the teams that scare me most.
Phits
It's great that we are excited about the Eagles future because it seems promising. However, 3 games does not make a season. This is especially true when you consider the lack of knowledge opponents have for our new QB and offence. Every season there is a surprise team who starts off great and flounders as the season progresses: Last season ATL started with a 5-0 record...they finished 8-8. Most teams get better or worse as the season wears on them. I'm tempering my excitement until the second half of this season.

QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 28 2016, 06:22 AM) *
We're all giddy with what we're seeing, and we should be. The three game success has far exceeded everyone's expectations. The blowout win over the Steelers is "proof" this team is far better than all the pundits and all the fans predicted and those prognostications were all miserably wrong. Even Vegas was wrong.

But what if that intra PA game was a bit misleading? What if the Eagles are better than we thought but they played a Pittsburgh team that: 1) had a bad day; 2) had key injuries; 3) was missing key players? "Bad day" vs. good day for the Eagles a relevant point.

I'm not saying burn those bandwagon tickets, but maybe this team is better than we thought and not as good as we think .. me included.
Linc ..

Pila
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 28 2016, 06:07 PM) *
It's great that we are excited about the Eagles future because it seems promising. However, 3 games does not make a season. This is especially true when you consider the lack of knowledge opponents have for our new QB and offence. Every season there is a surprise team who starts off great and flounders as the season progresses: Last season ATL started with a 5-0 record...they finished 8-8. Most teams get better or worse as the season wears on them. I'm tempering my excitement until the second half of this season.

I have no such concerns. I've hit the wall of disappointment so many times I no longer need a helmet. I'm either gonna end splattered into a pulp, are become the Juggernaut, bitch!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.