Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wonder what happens when romo gets well
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Cowboyhater
Cowgirls aren't going to cut him this nor next year. If cut next year's cap hit is close to 20 mil. It will be interesting to see how jones handles this. If he's his usual self, he will screw it up.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Cowboyhater @ Sep 27 2016, 06:48 PM) *
Cowgirls aren't going to cut him this nor next year. If cut next year's cap hit is close to 20 mil. It will be interesting to see how jones handles this. If he's his usual self, he will screw it up.

Well, I think the first thing is to just wait and see if the situation takes car of itself. Romo is 36 and the past three out of four of his games have ended with him being carted off the field. So hurdle one is to see if he can simply finish the season when Jones throws him out there again. I'm betting if he gets another bad injury, he retires.

If Romo comes back and plays well, then there will be no problem. Dak will be #2 with the understanding he gets a shot to make the team his when Romo goes.

The problem is if Romo comes back and is no longer the QB he was. Then (assuming Dak had continued to play well) a QB controversy will be in the brewing fast. And since Romo is too old to be worth much as trade material, things could get ugly.
Cowboyhater
Either way if he retired or is cut, it's close to a 20 mil cap hit. Goes down to around 9 mil in 2018.
Rick
Honestly, if Romo comes back, he's crazy. I understand the money and all but, is that money worth not being able to walk when you're 55? He's in bad shape and needs to call it a career at this point. It's painful watching him go out and get broken.
Joegrane
Maybe the better situation would be to let Romo heal further while holding a clipboard on the side line. They'll still have him as #2, preserve him for the last couple of games of the regular season and maybe playoffs.

QUOTE (Rick @ Sep 28 2016, 06:03 AM) *
Honestly, if Romo comes back, he's crazy. I understand the money and all but, is that money worth not being able to walk when you're 55? He's in bad shape and needs to call it a career at this point. It's painful watching him go out and get broken.

D Rock
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 28 2016, 12:24 AM) *
hurdle one is to see if he can simply finish the season

Hurdle 1 should be to see if he can simply finish a game.

There will be few who will be more upset at seeing the end of romo's run in dullass than we Iggle fans.
Rick
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 28 2016, 04:50 PM) *
Maybe the better situation would be to let Romo heal further while holding a clipboard on the side line. They'll still have him as #2, preserve him for the last couple of games of the regular season and maybe playoffs.

At this point, there is no reason to rush him back. But, seriously, the guy needs to retire. He's going to be crippled at this rate.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.