Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yo .. T-E-A-M .. #4
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
"There's no 'I' in team." "Football is the ultimate team sport." "Well oiled machine."

There's lots of these kinds of axioms thrown around, but when you actually see it it's a thing of beauty and is normally pretty successful. The Patriots come to mind. The Greatest Show on Turf. The Cardinals to some extent last year. Normally, the Steelers.

I love that Pederson is using so many players, almost interchangeably. Then I read this:
A team concept definitely applies to Jim Schwartz's defense. A total of 17 players showed up on the defensive stat sheet on a day when the Eagles sacked Roethlisberger four times.

"In addition to keeping everybody rested, it makes sure everybody is really hungry," defensive end Connor Barwin said. "When you're out there you better try to go make a play because, shoot, you might be coming out in three plays or four plays."
Team ..

I don't think this is something that DP has asked of Schwartz, I'm pretty sure this is part of his MO. Maybe it was the reverse or maybe DP just believes in it too. Keep players fresh and with their heads in the game. Situational play. It sure seems to be working on D and Wentz seems to agree with it. In fact, I'm guessing it's part of the reason the Eagles have jumped to #4 in the USA Today power ranking behind only the Patriots, Broncos and Vikings. Three weeks and we'll find out how they stack up to Sleeves' team right ahead of them.
mcnabbulous
Our "High/Low" dynamic is pretty hilarious 3 weeks into the season.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 27 2016, 08:38 AM) *
Our "High/Low" dynamic is pretty hilarious 3 weeks into the season.

Are you suggesting we're a group of sports bipolars? laugh.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 27 2016, 08:11 AM) *
Are you suggesting we're a group of sports bipolars? laugh.gif

Well yes. But I specifically meant in the power rankings in this instance.
Pila
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 27 2016, 02:14 PM) *
Well yes. But I specifically meant in the power rankings in this instance.

Power rankings are absolutely useless in helmet head. It serves no other purpose than fan smack at Sunday morning's soccer run with your mates.

FIFA and UEFA rankings in footy are only slightly more meaningful because the rankings are used to draw pots in group stages of international play. But in American Football it serves no purpose whatsoever other than to feed fan delusion.

Having said that, the rankings are obviously heavily flawed - Eagles gonna smack the shit out of everyone of those pretenders ranked ahead of them.
Zero
QUOTE (Pila @ Sep 27 2016, 02:49 PM) *
Eagles gonna smack the shit out of everyone of those pretenders ranked ahead of them.

jumpclap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.