Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One of Andy's strengths
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
Hopefully Dougie Fresh learned how to do that as well.

the Lions are not a complete team, but that offense is still a force to be reckoned with.
Phits
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 26 2016, 07:56 AM) *

the Lions are not a complete team, but that offense is still a force to be reckoned with.

If we lose the game to the Lions, DP should be tarred and feathered. The Lions stink.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 26 2016, 08:51 AM) *
If we lose the game to the Lions, DP should be tarred and feathered. The Lions stink.

We should win, but it's an NFL road game. Anything can happen.

I'm sure Schwartz will be extra motivated to shut them down though.
Phits
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 26 2016, 07:56 AM) *

Forget the post bye game, one of AR's strengths was beating bad teams. The Lions are a bad team.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 26 2016, 09:54 AM) *
We should win, but it's an NFL road game. Anything can happen.

I'm sure Schwartz will be extra motivated to shut them down though.

This game will be the marker for me. Good teams beat the bad ones. As long as the team isn't drinking the "kool-aid" and recognizes that this is only the last game of the first quarter for the season. We haven't accomplished anything save for putting a target on our back as a team to beat.

One of Chip's (many) failings last season was that we often looked unprepared. Based on the early season returns, I have faith in DP (and company) in preparing this team for the opposition.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 26 2016, 09:16 AM) *
This game will be the marker for me. Good teams beat the bad ones.

Beating the Steelers by 31 was the marker for me. We're a good team.

We should beat the Lions but a lot of things can happen. Especially a road game. That team can put up a lot of points.
Joegrane
No Lane Johnson should be "tarred and feathered."

QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 26 2016, 09:51 AM) *

Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 26 2016, 10:16 AM) *
Forget the post bye game, one of AR's strengths was beating bad teams. The Lions are a bad team.

This game will be the marker for me. Good teams beat the bad ones. As long as the team isn't drinking the "kool-aid" and recognizes that this is only the last game of the first quarter for the season. We haven't accomplished anything save for putting a target on our back as a team to beat.

One of Chip's (many) failings last season was that we often looked unprepared. Based on the early season returns, I have faith in DP (and company) in preparing this team for the opposition.

I actually think the bye week is a good thing at this point, it will give them time to let the last game's elation fade in time to prep for the Lions. No matter how determined they may be, yesterday was a huge emotional high that can leave you a little full of yourself going into the next game. A week off will hopefully get them past that and they can prep the way they need to with the high from beating Pitt given some time to dissipate.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Sep 26 2016, 05:26 PM) *
I actually think the bye week is a good thing at this point, it will give them time to let the last game's elation fade in time to prep for the Lions. No matter how determined they may be, yesterday was a huge emotional high that can leave you a little full of yourself going into the next game. A week off will hopefully get them past that and they can prep the way they need to with the high from beating Pitt given some time to dissipate.

Not a fan of the early bye.

However, if we need to adjust the ROT and hopefully the OC, then the extra time is needed.

Also, hopefully Mathews heals.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.