Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Was Kid Carson's keeper a designed play?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Third quarter, I think. Wentz rolls to his right under pressure, sees open field and runs for a first down. It later seemed to me that the play was a setup, intentional or not for Sproles 73 yd touchdown run because Wentz's scramble brought the LB off of Sproles. Very nice.

My wife was laughing her ass of at me on that play. After Sproles' catch I'm on my feet yelling: "touchdown, touchdown! No. Maybe! No. YES!. Maybe not. YES! YES! TOUCHDOWN!!!!" laugh.gif
Joegrane
I thought the same when I saw the replay. You could see that side of the field empty. Maybe it was an option. If he sees something open he can throw, if not he runs.

QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 26 2016, 06:54 AM) *
Third quarter, I think. Wentz rolls to his right under pressure, sees open field and runs for a first down. It later seemed to me that the play was a setup,...

Pila
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 26 2016, 10:54 AM) *
Third quarter, I think. Wentz rolls to his right under pressure, sees open field and runs for a first down. It later seemed to me that the play was a setup, intentional or not for Sproles 73 yd touchdown run because Wentz's scramble brought the LB off of Sproles. Very nice.

My wife was laughing her ass of at me on that play. After Sproles' catch I'm on my feet yelling: "touchdown, touchdown! No. Maybe! No. YES!. Maybe not. YES! YES! TOUCHDOWN!!!!" laugh.gif

It wasn't designed. He scrambled out of the pocket out of necessity, not design. It was ad-lib from there between him and Sproles.
D Rock
Definitely not designed. That's the problem with playing man vs a mobile QB. He was smart enough to see the side of the field open and most defenders in front of him had their backs turned.
nephillymike
They had trips to the left Sproles on the right backfield, the play was designed to go the left but he didn't like what he saw, so moved up in the pocket and then drifted laterally to buy time and to fuck with Shaziers mind, and then the beautiful touch pass followed by Sproles giving #28 vertigo on a TD run.

Absolutely beautiful !!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.