Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will We Finally Drink The Super Bowl Champagne
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
So I'm watching the game with my sons, and as the Eagles are piling it on, my one son says "Oh no, they're doing it. They're giving us hope. Getting our hopes up. We know how this ends".

First of all, that's sad,that at at a young age of twenty he would have the scars to think that way, but he was speaking his heart. It's one thing for us old heads to think that, but another for the crushing losses to have that effect on our youth.

I said to him, don't worry, we WILL win a Super Bowl with this kid at QB.

Did I lie?
Rick
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 26 2016, 05:40 AM) *
So I'm watching the game with my sons, and as the Eagles are piling it on, my one son says "Oh no, they're doing it. They're giving us hope. Getting our hopes up. We know how this ends".

First of all, that's sad,that at at a young age of twenty he would have the scars to think that way, but he was speaking his heart. It's one thing for us old heads to think that, but another for the crushing losses to have that effect on our youth.

Did I lie?

I said (essentially) the same thing about them giving us hope. sad.gif
xsv
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 26 2016, 05:40 AM) *

Did I lie?

I'm a believer. In his 3 games, he's played against man defense, zone defense, two high, one high, exotic blitz packages, 4-3, 3-4 and 8 in a box. He knew exactly where to go against all of them.

And he didn't take as many big hits this week, indicating that he listens and is coachable.

mcnabbulous
I think he's the one. Winning a SB is largely about chances. He's going to give us 10-15 years worth of legit chances.

The Franchise
If Pederson and Wentz can embarrass the Steelers in their 3rd game together, it's safe to say you aren't a dirty rotten liar for telling your son that. I'd be stocking up on giant o-linemen to keep this kid healthy, seeing as how his play has elevated the WR corps. They almost look good at times.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.