Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Rejuvenated Fan
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
The Franchise
In my 35 years on earth, I've spent countless amounts of energy and thousands of dollars rooting for the Eagles. Inept Andy and Fraud Chip had absolutely sucked the soul out of me. Yet today, I found myself yelling at the tv during an Eagles game for the first time in many years. I can't remember the last time I felt so energized watching this team.

For those of you who have been paying attention, since my arrival on this board I've been correct roughly 99% of the time, give or take 1%. I loudly complained about the Wentz deal, and said we would go 4-12 this year. Obviously, I will happily admit I was dead wrong. If we can dominate the Steelers like this, we can immediately compete for a ring. In this division, we could go 12-4 instead.

Not only does Wentz look like a seasoned veteran, Pederson's coaching has been amazing. We entered the two minute warning with 3 timeouts! And he called plays correctly to not give the Steelers a chance to score - amazing!

Exciting times for this team.
nephillymike
The Franchise trying to hop on the Eagles bandwagon:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nKubwgJK8q8

mcnabbulous
There would be no Doug if it wasn't for Andy
The Franchise
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 25 2016, 07:45 PM) *
The Franchise trying to hop on the Eagles bandwagon:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nKubwgJK8q8

laugh.gif

The Eagles bandwagon consists of sullen hayseed children?
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 25 2016, 07:46 PM) *
There would be no Doug if it wasn't for Andy

Totally agreed. He's Andy 2.0, the one who knows clock management and situational play calling.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Sep 25 2016, 07:49 PM) *
Totally agreed. He's Andy 2.0, the one who knows clock management and situational play calling.

As I said when everyone was slobbering on Chip's knob...just wait until it starts going bad. It's easy to be giddy when things are going well. When times get tough is when things really get interesting.

Fortunately for Doug, most things are going to go well with Wentz as our QB. This board is going to become a lot more friendly in the next few years.

I'm confident in saying this is going to be the best stretch of fandom any of us have ever experienced.
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 25 2016, 08:55 PM) *
It's easy to be giddy when things are going well. When times get tough is when things really get interesting.

Again, totally agreed. We're going to lose games. That's how it works. But Pederson has given me trust that he won't lose them due to stupidity. My opinion could change over time, but so far I'm very happy with him and how he's utilized Wentz. Less surprisingly, I'm perfectly happy with Schwartz.
Zero
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Sep 26 2016, 12:13 AM) *
Again, totally agreed. We're going to lose games. That's how it works. But Pederson has given me trust that he won't lose them due to stupidity. My opinion could change over time, but so far I'm very happy with him and how he's utilized Wentz. Less surprisingly, I'm perfectly happy with Schwartz.

It's very impressive that he and Wentz both seem to be using the entire roster. Mathews and Matthews disappear and there's Barner/Sproles/Smallwood and DGB/Agholor. Lose Ertz and there's Celek/Barton. Schwartz is obviously enjoying the defense right now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.