Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mikey...step back from your air yards cliff
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Reality Fan
Carson Wentz is only 22nd...(Sammy is 2nd...lol)

By the way...don't even look at Y/a......lol

Sorry could not resist bringing up the guy who does not read defenses or throw downfield...funny how a change in offense can change things
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 23 2016, 11:21 PM) *
Carson Wentz is only 22nd...(Sammy is 2nd...lol)

By the way...don't even look at Y/a......lol

Sorry could not resist bringing up the guy who does not read defenses or throw downfield...funny how a change in offense can change things

That's because Sleeves had a career game and if you remember, I was the guy who started the that thread of praise.

If he played like that while here I would have been his biggest fan.

I think he's top three or so in passer rating while Wentz is 15th or so.

If he continues to gather the intestinal fortitude to go deep and take the punishment for doing it, Sleeves will be an above average to good QB. If not, then he'll be what he is. Selfishly, I don't want the Vikes to do well, as I'd prefer a higher 1st round pick next year and I can't see them getting to the Nfccg to get us a 3rd. But I'd be fine with Sleeves doing decently. He's a good guy, it seems.

OTOH, Give me Wentz, the two draft picks and the 20+ million of cap room we freed up and I'm happy. Maybe we'll even use some of that cap to get a WR who can catch TD's.

If those clowns drop TD passes this week, it will cost us the game!
nephillymike
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

By the advanced stuff at Football Outsiders, they have the Wentz Wagon at 12th and Sleeves at 14th!

Still not bad for either.

mcnabbulous
Nice sample size, RF.
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 24 2016, 08:00 AM) *
Nice sample size, RF.

Does Geno Smith need another 31 games before evaluation?

laugh.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Sep 24 2016, 12:06 PM) *
Does Geno Smith need another 31 games before evaluation?

laugh.gif

What the fuck reason is there to mention Geno Smith in this thread?

FWIW, he's been a much better QB than Gus Bradley (who you were clamoring for) has been a head coach. You dogshit opinion having douchenozzle.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 24 2016, 01:19 PM) *
You dogshit opinion having douchenozzle.

I can honestly say I don't ever remember seeing those words used together in that sequence. laugh.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 24 2016, 12:45 PM) *
I can honestly say I don't ever remember seeing those words used together in that sequence. laugh.gif

It just cracks me up. People love to bring up Geno Smith, but there have been countless pathetic opinions spewed on this website.

The thing that gets me is that I never predicted greatness for Smith. I thought he was risky as hell (as most QB prospects are). That draft was just so bad, it felt like a worthwhile risk, given that we had Vick and Foles on the roster.

Instead we landed a RT who can't stay on the field because his "freakish athleticism" seems to have been lab created.

If that's the worst opinion I ever have, I'm fine with it. I just get sick of it consuming so many threads.

nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 24 2016, 12:55 PM) *
It just cracks me up. People love to bring up Geno Smith, but there have been countless pathetic opinions spewed on this website.

The thing that gets me is that I never predicted greatness for Smith. I thought he was risky as hell (as most QB prospects are). That draft was just so bad, it felt like a worthwhile risk, given that we had Vick and Foles on the roster.

Instead we landed a RT who can't stay on the field because his "freakish athleticism" seems to have been lab created.

If that's the worst opinion I ever have, I'm fine with it. I just get sick of it consuming so many threads.

Well, there is that opinion of Hackenberg...............

Sorry Nabby, just messin with you.

I must admit I did a chuckle out of the Geno reference.

All is good.

We got Wentz.

That cures all ills.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 24 2016, 01:32 PM) *
Well, there is that opinion of Hackenberg...............

Are we writing off yet another 21 year old QB?
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 24 2016, 01:50 PM) *

Not writing him off per se, but I thought he was drafted a few rounds too early, based on his past. I haven't seen anything yet to make me think I made A Brownsesque mistake in QB evaluation.

Not written off, but I do have the eraser pointed towards the page!

mcnabbulous
If a guy has all the physical tools, I think it's a silly mindeset.

I love the idea that people think Ryan Fitzgerald is a legit starting caliber QB after 11 years of mediocrity, but guy a guy that can barely drink legally (but has far superior tools) is a bust already.

I predicted that Hack would be drafted higher than most were saying and was mentally more prepared than other prospects because of his experience in a pro style system. If he gets his mechanics figured out, he will be a success. I'm still confident that will happen.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 24 2016, 09:00 AM) *
Nice sample size, RF.

I was joking....Mikey swears by Air yards and it is a widely panned stat league wide because the style of offense heavily influences the number.

AT least Bradford has a real WR in Diggs for once and that means at the end of the year he will have no excuse for playing poorly.....he has his buddy Childress in the wings as the OC heir apparent as well....even if the line is subpar he has 2 of the 3 ingredients.....A good QB can overcome 1 of the 3.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 24 2016, 03:18 PM) *
I was joking....Mikey swears by Air yards and it is a widely panned stat league wide because the style of offense heavily influences the number.

AT least Bradford has a real WR in Diggs for once and that means at the end of the year he will have no excuse for playing poorly.....he has his buddy Childress in the wings as the OC heir apparent as well....even if the line is subpar he has 2 of the 3 ingredients.....A good QB can overcome 1 of the 3.

We are in agreeement here
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 24 2016, 03:12 PM) *
If a guy has all the physical tools, I think it's a silly mindeset.

I love the idea that people think Ryan Fitzgerald is a legit starting caliber QB after 11 years of mediocrity, but guy a guy that can barely drink legally (but has far superior tools) is a bust already.

I predicted that Hack would be drafted higher than most were saying and was mentally more prepared than other prospects because of his experience in a pro style system. If he gets his mechanics figured out, he will be a success. I'm still confident that will happen.

Hack has a few years to figure it out....I am with Mikey at this point but if they groom the kid he might figure it out. He has all the tools and seems to have a decent head on his shoulders. Plenty of time to get it together.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 24 2016, 03:21 PM) *
Hack has a few years to figure it out....I am with Mikey at this point but if they groom the kid he might figure it out. He has all the tools and seems to have a decent head on his shoulders. Plenty of time to get it together.

Yeah I mean I'm with him right now too. But I tend to have a much longer leash with young players than most people around here. I base my opinions on tools. My hope is that good coaching will maximize those tools.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 24 2016, 05:19 PM) *

FWIW, he's been a much better QB than Gus Bradley (who you were clamoring for) has been a head coach. You dogshit opinion having douchenozzle.

Because it's fucking hilarious!!!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 24 2016, 06:50 PM) *

Yes.
mcnabbulous
You're a regular Ron Wolfe...

QUOTE (D Rock @ Feb 24 2013, 04:38 PM) *
I voted Chance. Simply because (like Mayock) I think he's the best player in this draft.

2nd would be Joekel.

3rd Fischer.

My opinion? You go best player available. Doesn't matter what position or side of the ball.

Top 5 picks need to be All Pro Players for a decade plus.

nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 24 2016, 04:21 PM) *
You're a regular Ron Wolfe...

Bwah!

The Internet is a bitch for recall !

Hopefully this busting of D Rocks balls takes the attention off the high grade my compilation gave Chance that year!!
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 24 2016, 04:40 PM) *
Bwah!

The Internet is a bitch for recall !

Hopefully this busting of D Rocks balls takes the attention off the high grade my compilation gave Chance that year!!

Everyone was wrong that year. Because it was the shittiest draft of all time. Which was my entire point throughout the process.

I'd just rather be wrong about a QB then a guard. Because even if you're right about the guard, you're always wrong about drafting them 4th overall.
The Franchise

Because of your reaction to it. Duh. Literally all you ever had to do was say 'I was wrong, he sucks,' but you continue to find ways to make excuses for him. It's non-stop fucking entertainment! laugh.gif

FWIW, he's been a much better QB than Gus Bradley (who you were clamoring for) has been a head coach.

Huh? He's under contract with the Jags last I checked, I was 'clamoring' for Sean McDermott. As it stands I'm happy with Pederson and Schwartz so far.

You dogshit opinion having douchenozzle.

I know you are, but what am I?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Sep 24 2016, 07:11 PM) *
Literally all you ever had to do was say 'I was wrong, he sucks,' but you continue to find ways to make excuses for him.

Once someone tells me what I was wrong about, I'll be happy to do so.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 24 2016, 03:53 PM) *
Yeah I mean I'm with him right now too. But I tend to have a much longer leash with young players than most people around here. I base my opinions on tools. My hope is that good coaching will maximize those tools.

Not us.

Around here, we insist our rookie QB's come in and call the plays at the LOS ala Peyton Manning and look every bit of the ten year veteran from game 1.

That's how we roll. !! cool.gif
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 25 2016, 03:57 PM) *
Not us.

Around here, we insist our rookie QB's come in and call the plays at the LOS ala Peyton Manning and look every bit of the ten year veteran from game 1.

That's how we roll. !! cool.gif

Wentz has done just that so far.

I can't believe I've had to wait until game three for an opportunity to exercise my Philly prerogative and boo the kid mad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.