Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chins up everyone
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
As much as we despair, whine and complain about the Eagles' FUBAR history, there's still the Browns. I have a good friend who's been a Brown's fan all his life. Inherited it from his father. His second team is local, the Eagles. We talk all the time about the Sad Sack existence of our fandom but I am always forced to concede suffering superiority to him for his allegiance to the Cleveland Dogs and the perceived relevance to the true meaning of "brown" in their nickname.

Here's something I picked up that even elevates that team's historical and continued incompetence:
Cleveland was coming off of a season in which they had Kelly Holcomb and Tim Couch at quarterback. Roethlisberger could have been the quarterback of the future for the Browns. Cleveland released Couch and signed free agent Jeff Garcia only to release him after the 2004 season.
First, they draft Couch with the #1 leaving DMac to the Eagles. Next chance, Big Ben was from Ohio, raised about 2 hours from Cleveland. The Browns had the chance to draft a local boy but didn't. Would he have changed the team's fortunes? I'm not sure anything is capable of doing that.
Pila
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 22 2016, 01:33 PM) *
As much as we despair, whine and complain about the Eagles' FUBAR history, there's still the Browns. I have a good friend who's been a Brown's fan all his life. Inherited it from his father. His second team is local, the Eagles. We talk all the time about the Sad Sack existence of our fandom but I am always forced to concede suffering superiority to him for his allegiance to the Cleveland Dogs and the perceived relevance to the true meaning of "brown" in their nickname.

Here's something I picked up that even elevates that team's historical and continued incompetence:
First, they draft Couch with the #1 leaving DMac to the Eagles. Next chance, Big Ben was from Ohio, raised about 2 hours from Cleveland. The Browns had the chance to draft a local boy but didn't. Would he have changed the team's fortunes? I'm not sure anything is capable of doing that.

Portugal's NT finally wins a title. I'm going to deal with this year's sports failure a bit better this season on the alpenglow of being European champion.

That's going to wear off next season though.
Dreagon
I honestly don't know what can fix that team. There is such a huge momentum of despair that circulates through that franchise that I think each veteran player passes it on to the next generation. It's self sustaining.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Pila @ Sep 22 2016, 03:21 PM) *
Portugal's NT finally wins a title. I'm going to deal with this year's sports failure a bit better this season on the alpenglow of being European champion.

That's going to wear off next season though.

European champion? Is that like winning an FCS title here?

Sorry....I could not resist.... tongue.gif
Pila
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 22 2016, 08:40 PM) *
European champion? Is that like winning an FCS title here?

Sorry....I could not resist.... tongue.gif

Probably! But I'm ashamed to admit I don't know what that is! lol
Zero
QUOTE (Pila @ Sep 22 2016, 03:44 PM) *
Probably! But I'm ashamed to admit I don't know what that is! lol

Used to be called Division II
mcnabbulous
Isn't FCS the old 1AA?
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 22 2016, 07:24 PM) *
Isn't FCS the old 1AA?

You are correct.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.