Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: That first drive
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
I couldn't help but think of Brady as I was watching Carson pick apart the defense with quick, short throws out of empty back formations. It's not a comparison I expected when I had previously watched him.

His delivery is more elongated than Tom's, but he makes up for it with arm strength.

If I'm Howie and Doug, I'm doing everything I can to acquire him a Welker/Edelman type uncoverable slot guy. Smaller, quickness over speed.
Joegrane
That's been part of Sproles' role but they could consider drafting a potential replacement.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 21 2016, 11:35 AM) *
I couldn't help but think of Brady as I was watching Carson pick apart the defense with quick, short throws out of empty back formations. It's not a comparison I expected when I had previously watched him.

His delivery is more elongated than Tom's, but he makes up for it with arm strength.

If I'm Howie and Doug, I'm doing everything I can to acquire him a Welker/Edelman type uncoverable slot guy. Smaller, quickness over speed.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 21 2016, 04:07 PM) *
That's been part of Sproles' role but they could consider drafting a potential replacement.

Sproles may have fit that role a few years ago, but his skills are definitely diminishing. And his hands have been pretty suspect of late anyways.

I'm thinking of more of an every down type of guy anyways. And that's never been Sproles.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 21 2016, 05:09 PM) *
Sproles may have fit that role a few years ago, but his skills are definitely diminishing. And his hands have been pretty suspect of late anyways.

I'm thinking of more of an every down type of guy anyways. And that's never been Sproles.

Sproles hands have become frustrating. We had one of those kind of guys though, Danny Amendola.
The Franchise
I actually thought of Belichick with how the first drive was called. Loved seeing the gutsy 4th down no fucks given call. If Wentz wasn't sacked on 3rd and goal he might've gone for it then too.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 21 2016, 06:30 PM) *
Sproles hands have become frustrating. We had one of those kind of guys though, Danny Amendola.

Amendola isn't quite at the level of those other guys. It looks like Diggs may have that type of ability. I wonder if there are any college guys like that. Gonna research it a bit....
Rick

I agree 100%.
Phits

or maybe a Pinkston, Mitchell or Thrash
tongue.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 21 2016, 08:46 PM) *
or maybe a Pinkston, Mitchell or Thrash
tongue.gif

Well I'm not talking about some high, first round stud. I'm thinking a mid-round guy with ridiculous short shuttle numbers. Those would be essentially the only numbers I'm thinking about.
mcnabbulous
Now that I think about it, maybe the guy is a first rounder. But not necessarily a WR. Christian McCaffrey might be exactly the dude I'm thinking about.
mcnabbulous

In case you aren't familiar with his work (you should be), but on queue, Kempski wrote about him today as a potential prospect to watch for the Eagles.

Link

McCaffrey garnered 290 first place Heisman votes, finishing second overall to Alabama's Derrick Henry. In 2015, McCaffrey set a new NCAA single-season record of 3,864 all-purpose yards. The accolades on his Stanford bio page are almost comical. He can run, he can catch, and he can return kicks and punts. Essentially, he's like a bigger version Brian Westbrook. Or maybe Ricky Watters without the alligator arms? His numbers:

Christian McCaffrey Rush Yards YPC TD
2014 42 300 7.1 0
2015 337 2019 6.0 8
TOTAL 379 2319 6.1 8

However, McCaffrey's 2000-yard season isn't even the impressive part. In 2015, McCaffrey had 45 receptions for 645 yards (a ypc average of 14.3), and 5 TDs. He also had two kick/punt returns for touchdowns, and he even threw two TD passes. There may not be a more versatile offensive weapon in college football.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 24 2016, 02:22 PM) *
In case you aren't familiar with his work (you should be), but on queue, Kempski wrote about him today as a potential prospect to watch for the Eagles.

Link

Marshall on our PS has some of the same characteristics. Keep an eye on him
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 24 2016, 02:54 PM) *
Marshall on our PS has some of the same characteristics. Keep an eye on him

Unfortunately, Marshall didn't participate in any of the pre draft stuff so his measurables aren't on record. Having those characteristics and being elite at them is different.
Reality Fan
I am all for bringing one of the McCaffery clan home!! I went to high school with his dad and that is a freakishly athletic family from his uncle Billy who was a member of one of Duke's title teams and a first team tourney member that year to Christian's brothers, one who will be going to Michigan next year and the youngest who is a WR as a sophmore in high school. Christian is pure beast.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.