Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How about this stat, per M. Barkaan?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
The last 15 teams who started 2-0 and who won both games by at least 14 points have all made the playoffs.

The last one not to was the 2003 Bills team.

The last Eagle team to do it was the 1980 NFC Champion team.

In general, teams starting 2-0 make the playoffs 62 percent of the time.
Rick
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 21 2016, 01:25 AM) *
The last 15 teams who started 2-0 and who won both games by at least 14 points have all made the playoffs.

Didn't they start 2-0 in 2004 when they went to the SB?

Not that I'm saying this is a SB team at all.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Rick @ Sep 21 2016, 05:01 AM) *
Didn't they start 2-0 in 2004 when they went to the SB?

Not that I'm saying this is a SB team at all.

Yes, but didn't win the first two by those margins
Rick
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 21 2016, 06:14 AM) *
Yes, but didn't win the first two by those margins

True but I don't know who the opponents were or how good those opponents were.

I know Eagles' fans love to think they're going to the SB every year (not saying you are) and all but let's all calm down here. Wentz has looked fantastic for sure but we'll see how he does down the road. He's showing signs he's the real deal but people have come into the NFL and looked great at the start only to pitter out in the past. He could also get injured. The defense could still not be able to cover anyone in the secondary. The offensive line still has issues and, with Lane Johnson gone for the bulk of the season, those problems just got worse.

With the NFC East sucking so badly they certainly have a good shot at making the playoffs but I'm not sure they'll be beating the better playoff teams just yet. We'll find out a bit more this weekend against the Steelers.

I've just learned, as a fan of the Eagles for almost half a century, to not get overly-excited so early in the season...
Phits
As things go, eventually the bubble will burst. Until then we can enjoy the ride.

QUOTE (Rick @ Sep 21 2016, 07:17 AM) *
True but I don't know who the opponents were or how good those opponents were.

I know Eagles' fans love to think they're going to the SB every year (not saying you are) and all but let's all calm down here. Wentz has looked fantastic for sure but we'll see how he does down the road. He's showing signs he's the real deal but people have come into the NFL and looked great at the start only to pitter out in the past. He could also get injured. The defense could still not be able to cover anyone in the secondary. The offensive line still has issues and, with Lane Johnson gone for the bulk of the season, those problems just got worse.

With the NFC East sucking so badly they certainly have a good shot at making the playoffs but I'm not sure they'll be beating the better playoff teams just yet. We'll find out a bit more this weekend against the Steelers.

I've just learned, as a fan of the Eagles for almost half a century, to not get overly-excited so early in the season...

mcnabbulous
My excitement has nothing to do with this season. We are going to have a top tier QB for the next 10-15 years. Which means corresponding relevance.

Look at the QB situation in the NFC. It's extremely lean. We should be able to compete for the foreseeable future.
Joegrane
How many lost their OT for most of the season?

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 21 2016, 01:25 AM) *

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.