Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Da Bears D and random thoughts
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Was it just me? Was the Eagles offense not playing well in the second quarter or is the Bears D playing well? Before they started dropping with injuries they looked like they were an aggressive, talented defense.

Kudos again to Pederson. I didn't like his pick as HC but he seems to be calling good games for the most part. I love his aggressiveness and it seems to mesh well with Wentz's attitude.

WTF is happening with LJ? They talked about it briefly last night but even they said it was taking a really long time for the league to make a decision.

Also gotta love the way both Pederson and Wentz are using the whole team. I think they used every RB last night and later in the fourth quarter they were all having some success. Was there a receiver who wasn't targeted?

Agholor is improving but something has to be done about the drops .. both he and Matthews.

OL is beginning to mesh which makes the LJ prospects more of a concern.

Short week for Pittsburg. Reason tells us this should be a L but emotion tells us we gotta believe! biggrin.gif
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 20 2016, 06:45 AM) *
Kudos again to Pederson. I didn't like his pick as HC but he seems to be calling good games for the most part. I love his aggressiveness and it seems to mesh well with Wentz's attitude.

Maybe it was you or someone else, I'm not sure who it was, but I do recall reading on here that someone didn't like the idea of Pedey calling the plays, with the thought it mind that he already has enough on his plate as a rookie head coach.

Well, as it turns out, there was no need to worry about that, Carson Wentz is teaching him on the fly what plays he should be sending in biggrin.gif

Yeah, I know, he is making adjustments at the line depending on what he sees --- which is phenomenal for a Division II rookie QB --- but I just couldn't resist. Is the freshman student teaching the teacher laugh.gif
Zero
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Sep 20 2016, 07:12 AM) *
Maybe it was you or someone else, I'm not sure who it was, but I do recall reading on here that someone didn't like the idea of Pedey calling the plays, with the thought it mind that he already has enough on his plate as a rookie head coach.

Well, as it turns out, there was no need to worry about that, Carson Wentz is teaching him on the fly what plays he should be sending in biggrin.gif

Yeah, I know, he is making adjustments at the line depending on what he sees --- which is phenomenal for a Division II rookie QB --- but I just couldn't resist. Is the freshman student teaching the teacher laugh.gif

Man, both of the rooks are very impressive so far. Wentz and Pederson. If HR and the personnel people can do the same we may be in for a fun future. jumpclap.gif
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 20 2016, 07:18 AM) *
Man, both of the rooks are very impressive so far. Wentz and Pederson. If HR and the personnel people can do the same we may be in for a fun future. jumpclap.gif

In Howie I trust, for now anyway tongue.gif

Always subject to change, at a whim rolleyes.gif
Dreagon
Early on the Bears were pinning their ears back and going after Wentze. They weren't quite guilty of roughing but it was obvious they were trying to "rattle the rookie". It wasn't working, and then they finally were guilty of roughing and got called for it. They seemed to dial that strategy back after that.
Zero
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 20 2016, 09:02 AM) *
Early on the Bears were pinning their ears back and going after Wentze. They weren't quite guilty of roughing but it was obvious they were trying to "rattle the rookie". It wasn't working, and then they finally were guilty of roughing and got called for it. They seemed to dial that strategy back after that.

This kid is impressive so far.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 20 2016, 09:09 AM) *

I think there is a very real possibility you guys have found yourselves a true franchise QB here. Oddly enough, watching him last night reminded me of Aikman. He's much more mobile and physically gifted than Aikman ever was, but watching him scan the defense and assume leadership of the offense gave that same impression of field generalship that Aikman had. Here was a guy who had done his homework, knew what he was doing. and knew what needed to be done. He's still a rookie and learning, but you can see that in him.

Build an offense around that guy and pair him with a stud WR and you guys could have something special.
Pila
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 20 2016, 02:09 PM) *

Some of the plays he's made over the last two games show some flashes of something brilliant, not just merely good.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Pila @ Sep 20 2016, 10:31 AM) *
Some of the plays he's made over the last two games show some flashes of something brilliant, not just merely good.

Yes...have to agree....so far he is almost too good to be true.....he has had one hell of a start. He just looks so dialed in which is really a shock especially with some of the pressure he has faced. Hard not to be impressed.
D Rock
Let's hope we can keep him in 1 piece. The O-line looked pretty bad to my eyes last night.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 20 2016, 01:30 PM) *
Let's hope we can keep him in 1 piece. The O-line looked pretty bad to my eyes last night.

I think a lot of this comes down to teams trying to bring the heat to rattle our rookie QB. Since he's proving to be pretty difficult to rattle, they are going to have to make adjustments and focus more on confusing him with coverage.

That throw to Celek when he got crushed was a thing of pure beauty. If he continues to make teams pay with plays like that, throwing the house at him won't be an option.
Eyrie
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Sep 20 2016, 12:12 PM) *

It was definitely Zero, or maybe Mikey. Could have been RF/mcnabbulous (I always get them confused). Then again maybe it was samaroo, DRock or Pila. Might have been Dreagon or Phits. Or Sam I Am. Or JeeQ.

But I can 100% guarantee that it wasn't me. Never posted such a thing. And the search function on the board is mistaken when it provides plenty of evidence to the contrary.

OK, we've played two of the weaker teams in the league so far but, even allowing for that, the early signs are promising for both Pederson and Wentz.
Pila
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Sep 20 2016, 08:00 PM) *
It was definitely Zero, or maybe Mikey. Could have been RF/mcnabbulous (I always get them confused). Then again maybe it was samaroo, DRock or Pila. Might have been Dreagon or Phits. Or Sam I Am. Or JeeQ.

But I can 100% guarantee that it wasn't me. Never posted such a thing. And the search function on the board is mistaken when it provides plenty of evidence to the contrary.

OK, we've played two of the weaker teams in the league so far but, even allowing for that, the early signs are promising for both Pederson and Wentz.

Bwah!
Dreagon
On, and speaking of the Bears...

You guys managed to take out their starting quarterback, starting nose tackle, and one of their starting linebackers...none of which will be available when we play them next week.

Of course we don't have our starting quarterback, or either of our starting defensive ends either, so I guess it's something of a push.
Rick
So, Eagles are 2-0 and have taken out the two starting QBs they've faced. Other than the fact the secondary can't seem to cover anyone, they seem to be hitting harder. A little shaky tackling last night at times though.

Wentz continues to impress. I'm anxious to see what he does once the league has seen enough of him to figure out a few things. That shows whether he'll be the player he's looking like he may be. He'll have to adjust. Let's see if he does/can.

My only complaint about him--other than NOT SLIDING!!!--is he needs to learn when to put some air under the ball and when to zip it in there. Last week and this week there were passes he could have made if he'd have put a little air under the ball. But I'm picking nits here for sure.

Besides, he's got a great QB name. I mean, Carson Wentz sounds like a QB...

Now, if they can get that secondary worked out and get the WRs to catch the damn ball.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.