Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Agholar's best play of the day
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Baiting the C B into slapping him.

15 yards and Eagles

FIRST DOWN!!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 19 2016, 11:25 PM) *

15 yards and Eagles

FIRST DOWN!!

He had a couple of nice catches..could have done a better job in the endzone but the long ball was underthrown
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 19 2016, 10:37 PM) *
He had a couple of nice catches..could have done a better job in the endzone but the long ball was underthrown

Which one?

One of them should have been a PI. The other was slightly underthrown but definitely should have been caught. Like hit him in the hands caught.
JeeQ
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 19 2016, 08:25 PM) *

15 yards and Eagles

FIRST DOWN!!

Finally Positive Yardage From Agholor laugh.gif
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 19 2016, 11:41 PM) *
Which one?

One of them should have been a PI. The other was slightly underthrown but definitely should have been caught. Like hit him in the hands caught.

The one in the endzone was a tough catch....the DB had his hands on it as well. The long ball? It should have been PI because it was well underthrown and Agholor adjusted but it does not make it less underthrown....and the 2nd long ball was also underthrown and as a former WE how you do not appreciate having to stop a full sprint to come back and fight for the ball is a bit shocking.....if he caught that one it would have been a hell of a catch because the throw allowed the DB to contest it in a collision.
Joegrane
I agree with you. They should be motivation for Agholor to become stronger.

Agholor made the nice catch on maybe Wentz's most amazing throw of the night. Wentz rolls to his left, throws across his body into triple coverage but puts it where only Agholor has a chance to lunge for it.

The PI no-call on the underthrown deep ball was a disgrace. The DB interfered at least twice!

At least Agholor is making some plays this year. He may never be an above-average WR but he looks like he could develop into a solid contributor. I've been saying since early last year that he needs to become stronger. They should show Agholor film of Todd Pinkston as an example of what happens when a WR does not become stronger.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 20 2016, 12:04 AM) *
The one in the endzone was a tough catch....the DB had his hands on it as well. The long ball? It should have been PI because it was well underthrown and Agholor adjusted but it does not make it less underthrown....and the 2nd long ball was also underthrown and as a former WE how you do not appreciate having to stop a full sprint to come back and fight for the ball is a bit shocking.....if he caught that one it would have been a hell of a catch because the throw allowed the DB to contest it in a collision.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 19 2016, 11:04 PM) *
and the 2nd long ball was also underthrown and as a former WE how you do not appreciate having to stop a full sprint to come back and fight for the ball is a bit shocking.....if he caught that one it would have been a hell of a catch because the throw allowed the DB to contest it in a collision.

Well, I was never paid millions to make those types of catches, but I believe that the standard is...if it hits your hands you should catch it. And he should have caught that one.

Sure it was slightly underthrown, but it was not a poorly thrown ball. It should have been caught. For fucks sake, is this going to be your schtick all season?
Pila
Angholor should have had both catches - the long ball that was underthrown, as well as the fade in the endzone. Both of those are almost routine catches in similar conditions around the NFL.

Neither of our two starting WRs have natural hands.They are good athletes and get open, but the art of catching the ball looks strained to those two.

I think DGB deserves some of those throws - he might have the best hands out of the 3. Wentz should look his way more often.
Phits
QUOTE (Pila @ Sep 20 2016, 10:17 AM) *
Angholor should have had both catches - the long ball that was underthrown, as well as the fade in the endzone. Both of those are almost routine catches in similar conditions around the NFL.

Neither of our two starting WRs have natural hands.They are good athletes and get open, but the art of catching the ball looks strained to those two.

I think DGB deserves some of those throws - he might have the best hands out of the 3. Wentz should look his way more often.

I think we'll see DGB more involved as the season progresses....especially if the drops continue.
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 20 2016, 03:37 AM) *

That "under thrown" long ball still hit him in the god damn hands right at face level. Was it a perfect ball? No. He had to slow down about 2%. But any legitimate NFL receiver catches that ball.

mcnabbulous
This was the play in question: https://twitter.com/yonuby/status/778059313742958592

That's a drop. The ball was bouncing off his hands before the defender made contact with him.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 20 2016, 02:59 PM) *
This was the play in question: https://twitter.com/yonuby/status/778059313742958592

That's a drop. The ball was bouncing off his hands before the defender made contact with him.

100%. Nelson was "double catching" it as he often does. If he catches that eye level ball that hits him in the hands cleanly, the defenders effort is moot.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 20 2016, 01:11 AM) *
Well, I was never paid millions to make those types of catches, but I believe that the standard is...if it hits your hands you should catch it. And he should have caught that one.

Sure it was slightly underthrown, but it was not a poorly thrown ball. It should have been caught. For fucks sake, is this going to be your schtick all season?

It is not a schtick and it was no slight on Wentz....it was an observation and the facts. For god sake...the ball was really underthrown....Ag had his guy beat by 2 strides. Wentz is allowed to not be perfect you silly fuck.....had the catch been made it would have been a great catch. Deal with it. I imagine you already have a dildo named Wentz....go play with it....unfucking real.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 20 2016, 10:54 AM) *
That "under thrown" long ball still hit him in the god damn hands right at face level. Was it a perfect ball? No. He had to slow down about 2%. But any legitimate NFL receiver catches that ball.

2%? I thought is 4.6% but maybe my TV was not big enough to gauge. Thanks for the laughs though...rough day
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 20 2016, 12:56 PM) *
It is not a schtick and it was no slight on Wentz....it was an observation and the facts. For god sake...the ball was really underthrown....Ag had his guy beat by 2 strides. Wentz is allowed to not be perfect you silly fuck.....had the catch been made it would have been a great catch.

No, it wouldn't have been a great catch. A play doesn't require either a perfect throw or a great catch. Wentz threw a perfectly acceptable NFL pass. It wasn't a perfect pass, but it was highly catchable and most NFL receivers would come down with that.

Deal with it. I imagine you already have a dildo named Wentz....go play with it....unfucking real.

I don't need a dildo. I get off just at the sight of him.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 20 2016, 02:30 PM) *
No, it wouldn't have been a great catch. A play doesn't require either a perfect throw or a great catch. Wentz threw a perfectly acceptable NFL pass. It wasn't a perfect pass, but it was highly catchable and most NFL receivers would come down with that.

I don't need a dildo. I get off just at the sight of him.

lol...well played.....I have to give you props....

I do not disagree that he could have caught the ball....just that it was a tough catch for the standpoint he was at a full sprint and had to come back and catch it in contact.....that is a tough catch to make. I was more pissed about the Matthews drop. That was terrible.
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 20 2016, 07:55 PM) *
lol...well played.....I have to give you props....

I do not disagree that he could have caught the ball....just that it was a tough catch for the standpoint he was at a full sprint and had to come back and catch it in contact.....that is a tough catch to make. I was more pissed about the Matthews drop. That was terrible.

I think we're talking about 2 different plays. The play I'm referring to, Nelson did NOT have to come back. I believe you must be talking about the PI that wasn't called. On that, Nelson had to come back. That would have been a "great catch." The one I'm referencing was strictly routine NFL receiver play. Nabby posted a link to it.

On the Matthews drop, we're in agreement. Atrocious.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 20 2016, 02:58 PM) *
I think we're talking about 2 different plays. The play I'm referring to, Nelson did NOT have to come back. I believe you must be talking about the PI that wasn't called. On that, Nelson had to come back. That would have been a "great catch." The one I'm referencing was strictly routine NFL receiver play. Nabby posted a link to it.

On the Matthews drop, we're in agreement. Atrocious.

No...we are talking about the same one....but you have to see the entire play. Agholor had beaten his man cold and the ball was underthrown so he had to stop and adjust and jump back for the ball which instigated contact with the trailing DB. HE could have caught the ball but it was a much tougher catch than the edited version shows.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 20 2016, 02:06 PM) *
No...we are talking about the same one....but you have to see the entire play. Agholor had beaten his man cold and the ball was underthrown so he had to stop and adjust and jump back for the ball which instigated contact with the trailing DB. HE could have caught the ball but it was a much tougher catch than the edited version shows.

He had dropped the pass prior to any contact from the DB. It clanked right off his bricks. That's apparent from any version you watch.
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 20 2016, 08:06 PM) *

If we are talking about the same play, you're either stupid or blind.

I've seen the play a dozen times in it's entirety.

He NEVER STOPPED. He never goes "back for the ball." He barely slowed down. In the clip Nabby posted you can see his forward momentum. The ball hit's him cleanly in the hands. He bobbles it (double catches it).
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 20 2016, 03:18 PM) *
If we are talking about the same play, you're either stupid or blind.

I've seen the play a dozen times in it's entirety.

He NEVER STOPPED. He never goes "back for the ball." He barely slowed down. In the clip Nabby posted you can see his forward momentum. The ball hit's him cleanly in the hands. He bobbles it (double catches it).

You crack me up....watch the play and listen to the biggest Wentz supporter not named Mayock....Gruden says the same thing but I guess you are smarted than him as well.

I am still laughing at your "2%" idiocy. I think that pretty much sums up who is blind/stupid.
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 20 2016, 08:44 PM) *
You crack me up....watch the play and listen to the biggest Wentz supporter not named Mayock....Gruden says the same thing but I guess you are smarted than him as well.

I am still laughing at your "2%" idiocy. I think that pretty much sums up who is blind/stupid.

When your Gru-dog hard on comes down, you may see it more clearly. He NEVER stopped. He never came "back for the ball."

Which is it? Blind? Or Stupid?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 20 2016, 04:50 PM) *
When your Gru-dog hard on comes down, you may see it more clearly. He NEVER stopped. He never came "back for the ball."

Which is it? Blind? Or Stupid?

Funny how the observation of Jon Gruden's comment is somehow seen by you as a hard on...I guess you have that on your mind. I merely deferred to a SB winning coach's observation. I realized it is not nearly as informed as yours.

I am just surprised there was any room left in that head for anything else but somehow you squeezed a hard on in there...good for you.

And if pressed I would say the latter because you can obviously see enough to type.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.