Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sleeves!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Nice drive there.

How the Packers can watch his game film and decide to give up the ten yard comeback is a mystery.

You crowd that route and make him stay back there the extra second and beat you over the top.
mcnabbulous
He definitely made some nice throws.

That Minny defense is something fierce. We got the shitty Kendricks brother.
Reality Fan
Was the TD a comeback route? I think not.....lol
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 18 2016, 08:33 PM) *
He definitely made some nice throws.

That Minny defense is something fierce. We got the shitty Kendricks brother.

That's what we do in this city. The list of worse brothers is long.
nephillymike
They're throwing Sammy around like a rag doll.

This OL blows.

At this rate, he won't last the game.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 18 2016, 08:35 PM) *
That's what we do in this city. The list of worse brothers is long.

Oh I'm keenly aware. It's a tradition unlike any other.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 18 2016, 08:38 PM) *
They're throwing Sammy around like a rag doll.

This OL blows.

At this rate, he won't last the game.

Matt Kalil was a "safe" high OT pick. He's garbage.
Reality Fan
Hey....did you see Sammy "not throw downfield" for 44 yards?

Were those air yards?...lololol
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 18 2016, 08:49 PM) *

No one disagrees with your irrelevant stat about him throwing the ball 40 yards. We've simply pointed out that he balances that out by routinely throwing short of the sticks. This giving him a very average overall ypa.

He's not bad. He's just okay. I doubt that will ever be enough for him to achieve much in this league.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 18 2016, 08:49 PM) *

Yes I did.

If I were Gb I would make him do it all night long.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 18 2016, 09:58 PM) *
No one disagrees with your irrelevant stat about him throwing the ball 40 yards. We've simply pointed out that he balances that out by routinely throwing short of the sticks. This giving him a very average overall ypa.

He's not bad. He's just okay. I doubt that will ever be enough for him to achieve much in this league.

I am sorry Mr. Football....(by the way, what position did you play? Seriously)

It is so funny how any stat that contradicts you is irrelevant...in every discussion you engage in...regardless of with whom...you trot out the same thing...it is pretty funny.

Phits: 2 +2 is 4
Nabby: no it isn't
Phits: I am using simple math
Nabby" simple math is irrelevant

Now Mr Football...He really threw short of the sticks tonight didn't he?....did you get wet int he pants when he hit Diggs on 4 and 1 in the face of the blitz?

I don't know what he is....he got a chance coming off his 2 ACLs with a real team for the first time in his career and he did reasonably well here. Minny will be a good place for him to show if he is or isn't any good. I think he will do well there, if he doesn't I am wrong and I am ok with that. If I am right you are in for a long fucking year.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 18 2016, 09:21 PM) *
I am sorry Mr. Football....(by the way, what position did you play? Seriously)

Mostly WR and safety. Some corner and a little defensive end, but I wasn't big enough to stick. You?

It is so funny how any stat that contradicts you is irrelevant...in every discussion you engage in...regardless of with whom...you trot out the same thing...it is pretty funny.

Phits: 2 +2 is 4
Nabby: no it isn't
Phits: I am using simple math
Nabby" simple math is irrelevant

I'm quite certain Phits doesn't need you fighting his battles.

Your 40+ yard pass stat isn't really contradictory to my point that he checks the ball down a lot. It actually helps prove it.

Now Mr Football...He really threw short of the sticks tonight didn't he?....did you get wet int he pants when he hit Diggs on 4 and 1 in the face of the blitz?

No, but it sounds like you may have.

I don't know what he is....he got a chance coming off his 2 ACLs with a real team for the first time in his career and he did reasonably well here. Minny will be a good place for him to show if he is or isn't any good. I think he will do well there, if he doesn't I am wrong and I am ok with that. If I am right you are in for a long fucking year.

Fortunately for me, you're rarely right.
Reality Fan

Mostly WR and safety. Some corner and a little defensive end, but I wasn't big enough to stick. You?

I was an LB and defensive line and that was back when I was small. I left high school 5'11" and 165....wish I was what I am now back then...6'4" 230. Would have made it a lot more fun.

Your 40+ yard pass stat isn't really contradictory to my point that he checks the ball down a lot. It actually helps prove it.

Again, I understand you find contradictory facts inconvenient and irrelevant but even in Kelly's offense he went downfield a lot more in the last 8 games. Funny how confidence allows you to do that and how ACL tears can sap that confidence a little

No, but it sounds like you may have.

I was not the one who did when Wentz did it

Fortunately for me, you're rarely right.

Anytime anyone disagrees with you just say it is irrelevant...makes it easy for you....you think anything other than your "observations" are irrelevant...lol

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 18 2016, 09:41 PM) *
I was an LB and defensive line and that was back when I was small. I left high school 5'11" and 165....wish I was what I am now back then...6'4" 230. Would have made it a lot more fun.

That was about my size too. Still about that. A few lbs heavier, but aren't we all.

Again, I understand you find contradictory facts inconvenient and irrelevant but even in Kelly's offense he went downfield a lot more in the last 8 games. Funny how confidence allows you to do that and how ACL tears can sap that confidence a little

I never said he didn't take those chances. I said his propensity for throwing short contributed to his low ypa and paltry TD numbers.

I was not the one who did when Wentz did it

I did! Super stoked about the young QB who plays for my squad.

Anytime anyone disagrees with you just say it is irrelevant...makes it easy for you....you think anything other than your "observations" are irrelevant...lol

Why do you laugh out loud so often when you type on this message board? It's a weird
habit.

As I'm typing Sam threw a great TD pass to Diggs. Really wish I didn't have that guy sitting on my fantasy bench tonight.
Reality Fan
another check down? to damn funny......lolololololololol (just for you)
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 18 2016, 09:50 PM) *
another check down? to damn funny......lolololololololol (just for you)

It's actually "too" but I'm sure you knew that.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 18 2016, 10:52 PM) *
It's actually "too" but I'm sure you knew that.

I was typing quickly....and don't feel bad...I left Kyle Rudolph on the bench and he already has more points than Walker did.

I still have Ryan Matthews, the Eagles defense and Sturgis going tomorrow and I only need 12 to win...and yes, I let the Eagles fan in me shape my roster.
nephillymike
This is Sleeves finest hour.

He's been great and has hung in there.

Man, It would have been nice if the Eagles got Diggs.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 18 2016, 10:58 PM) *
This is Sleeves finest hour.

He's been great and has hung in there.

Man, It would have been nice if the Eagles got Diggs.

It is really no surprise....I told you before, the guy is a good QB but if you had put Brady on the Rams he might be selling real estate right now. I am not saying Bradford is Brady so don't have an heart attack Nabby. I am merely saying no QB would have success int eh environment that was and is St. Louis. It is a terrible organization and Fisher is no improvement.
nephillymike
The season is young.

Great game, 14 to go.
mcnabbulous
Sam played really well, but calling a game his "finest hour" when his team put up 17 points is the most classically Sam Bradford sentiment possible.
JeeQ
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 18 2016, 08:47 PM) *
Sam played really well, but calling a game his "finest hour" when his team put up 17 points is the most classically Sam Bradford sentiment possible.

laugh.gif

I'm no Badford fan but Sleeves came through for them tonight in a big win... One step closer to .500 glory
Reality Fan
He did well for his first game. Funny how a healthy knee does wonders for a QB. Now it looks like Minny will be throwing the ball a lot. He did not surprise me and it is a big win and a big performance against a good defense and a divisional rival. Should be an interesting season.

He was not bad for an Air Raid QB who can't read defenses..... hunch.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 18 2016, 10:59 PM) *

That would be a first then! Only takes 7 seasons of professional ball.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 19 2016, 12:07 AM) *
That would be a first then! Only takes 7 seasons of professional ball.

Does playing in St. Louis under Spagnoula even count as NFL service for a QB? I did not think it did.. laugh.gif

and at least get it right...this is his 7th year but he missed 1 1/2 years so it would be 4 1/2 years. cool.gif

The guy is a good QB. For his first game with anew team and 2 weeks of study he did very well.(even if he had been with them all of TC he did well)

Minny is going to need him to be really good with AP out.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 18 2016, 11:16 PM) *
Does playing in St. Louis under Spagnoula even count as NFL service for a QB? I did not think it did.. laugh.gif

and at least get it right...this is his 7th year but he missed 1 1/2 years so it would be 4 1/2 years. cool.gif

The guy is a good QB. For his first game with anew team and 2 weeks of study he did very well.(even if he had been with them all of TC he did well)

Minny is going to need him to be really good with AP out.

Hey man, I thought he was going to be great when he came out. I thought getting out of St. Louis would show that. I was let down. And it's primarily when he moves away from his first read. That's where I think he really struggled last year.

Maybe he just needed another year removed from the knee injury, but I'm skeptical. Once DCs start scheming to take Diggs away, he will need to adjust. Nothing about his career leads me to believe he will.

I hope I'm right, because I want a better draft pick. But given how good that defense is, I can't imagine it being much better than the early 20's. But otherwise I don't care. He's not an eagle anymore, so he's not my concern.

Frankly, I'd love for my air raid concerns to be invalid. This league needs more quality QBs. But if you think I'm the only one that has noticed that trend, you haven't looked into it.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 19 2016, 12:27 AM) *
Hey man, I thought he was going to be great when he came out. I thought getting out of St. Louis would show that. I was let down. And it's primarily when he moves away from his first read. That's where I think he really struggled last year.

Maybe he just needed another year removed from the knee injury, but I'm skeptical. Once DCs start scheming to take Diggs away, he will need to adjust. Nothing about his career leads me to believe he will.

I hope I'm right, because I want a better draft pick. But given how good that defense is, I can't imagine it being much better than the early 20's. But otherwise I don't care. He's not an eagle anymore, so he's not my concern.

Frankly, I'd love for my air raid concerns to be invalid. This league needs more quality QBs. But if you think I'm the only one that has noticed that trend, you haven't looked into it.

I understand your concern about Air Raid QBs...it is well documented. I just realized, once I looked into Bradford when he came here, that he got a really bum deal in St. Louis. When he came here I knew he would start slow, it was only natural given that he had 2 ACL tears to the same knee and missed a year and a half. It had to be in his head and then he got his legs back and the confidence that the knee would not explode and he started to shine.

He will need another guy to step up though because you are right...teams will start to scheme for Diggs.
Joegrane
I'm happy for Sam. He really stepped up in a tough spot on a big stage.

Sam outperformed the future Fall of Famer. Rodgers played a mediocre game. He was bailed out by several big pass interference calls against MN DBs, probably 80 yards worth of penalty yards.

Predictably the Packers planned to stop AP and they were doing that quite effectively. Sam stepped up and made plays.

After AP went out with the injury Sam did not have as much success in the passing game.

The AP injury did not look terribly bad. It does not seem to be severe enough to keep him out for the duration of the season.

Maybe that 4th round pick will turn out to be a 3rd.

I wonder if Sam likes throwing to a long target? With his accuracy he can just throw it to a spot where the DB has little chance of catching it but the WR still has a good chance.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 18 2016, 11:59 PM) *
He did well for his first game. Funny how a healthy knee does wonders for a QB. Now it looks like Minny will be throwing the ball a lot. He did not surprise me and it is a big win and a big performance against a good defense and a divisional rival. Should be an interesting season.

Pila
Bradford is a good QB and he'll improve with experience as knowledge of the playbook and chemistry with his receivers develop. He showed it last year as the season progressed. I was and remain convinced that we had a very good, very functional QB if not one that will hit the top tier.
mcnabbulous
Rodgers looked as bad as I've ever seen him last night. After a down year last year, you have to at least wonder if it's a trend.

He was pretty reckless with the ball, which was the most alarming thing. It seems as though he's trying to do too much.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 19 2016, 10:03 AM) *
I'm happy for Sam. He really stepped up in a tough spot on a big stage.

Sam outperformed the future Fall of Famer. Rodgers played a mediocre game. He was bailed out by several big pass interference calls against MN DBs, probably 80 yards worth of penalty yards.

Predictably the Packers planned to stop AP and they were doing that quite effectively. Sam stepped up and made plays.

After AP went out with the injury Sam did not have as much success in the passing game.

The AP injury did not look terribly bad. It does not seem to be severe enough to keep him out for the duration of the season.

Maybe that 4th round pick will turn out to be a 3rd.

I wonder if Sam likes throwing to a long target? With his accuracy he can just throw it to a spot where the DB has little chance of catching it but the WR still has a good chance.

Bradford put them up 3 plays AFTER Peterson went down.

After that the Vikes had the Diggs idiot penalty and then tried to run the clock out.

We will see what happens now with AP likely out for 6 weeks or more.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 19 2016, 10:21 AM) *
Rodgers looked as bad as I've ever seen him last night. After a down year last year, you have to at least wonder if it's a trend.

He was pretty reckless with the ball, which was the most alarming thing. It seems as though he's trying to do too much.

He's a career 100+ passer rating guy and he hasn't gotten a passer rating in either 14 or 17 games in a row (not sure)
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 19 2016, 04:38 PM) *
He's a career 100+ passer rating guy and he hasn't gotten a passer rating in either 14 or 17 games in a row (not sure)

Is there a word missing here. I don't follow.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 19 2016, 06:17 PM) *
Is there a word missing here. I don't follow.

Yep, yet again!

He hasn't had a 100 passer rating for a game in a real long time.

I thought Nelson looked average last night.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 19 2016, 06:19 PM) *
Yep, yet again!

He hasn't had a 100 passer rating for a game in a real long time.

I thought Nelson looked average last night.

Week 6 last year. He did have a 99.5 in week 13. Regardless, something is up. He used to be the most consistently great performer ever.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.