Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Those two impressive throws for TD
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I thought the timing and placement of both the TD pass to Matthews and the one to Agholor were amazing, especially given that Wentz had very limited work with both receivers before Sunday. Murphy is saying those were throws you'd expect from an NFL QB yet gushes about another throw that hasn't been discussed much:
The dividing line between the Alex Smiths and Kirk Cousinses and the realm of the Andrew Lucks and Aaron Rodgerses and Ben Roethlisbergers is that throw. You can't will a ball to fly with that kind of force. In Newton's formulas, the G does not stand for gumption. Force does not equal mass times acceleration times the haters. A noodle arm is a noodle arm. You don't like that? The universe don't care.

Kevin Kolb goes bass fishing and doesn't shave, but he can't make that throw. Cousins is a leader of men, but he can't make that throw. Jared Goff is in street clothes, plus he can't make that throw.
Linc ..

He's talking about a first down pass to Agholor just before halftime.
mcnabbulous
Wentz may just be the total package. He clearly has the physical stuff. He seems to have the pre snap stuff.

The one place he needs to improve is after the snap when things don't go exactly as planned, but hopefully that will come with time and experience. If it does, we will easily have a top-5 QB in a few years.

And if we have that, we have hope.
Joegrane
He also mentions the pass I've been discussing here over the past 24 hrs that could have been an INT.

Most of the memorable throws we saw him make against the Browns came against man coverage. One exception was a 22-yard pass to Jordan Matthews in the middle of the field in the third quarter. Again, this was a throw on which his remarkable upper-body strength was on display, a throw he made with both feet rooted to the ground as the top right side of an otherwise clean pocket swelled into him. Given the traffic at his side and the position of his body, the dart he unleashed was remarkable. Yet he did not slide with the pocket into a throwing lane, and he barely used his lower half, and his release was long, and his receiver was bracketed by a couple of defenders, one of them an underneath man who, with a little more closing speed or a little poorer throw location, could have made a play on the ball. In short, it was a throw that can easily end in disaster when it is made against any team outside of the Missouri Valley Conference or Cleveland (no offense to the MVC).

QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 15 2016, 06:56 AM) *
I thought the timing and placement of both the TD pass to Matthews and the one to Agholor were amazing, especially given that Wentz had very limited work with both receivers before Sunday. Murphy is saying those were throws you'd expect from an NFL QB yet gushes about another throw that hasn't been discussed much:
Linc ..

He's talking about a first down pass to Agholor just before halftime.

mcnabbulous
It was a third and long. He needed to make a play and he did with a great throw. If it had been intercepted, it wouldn't have been the most tragic outcome. I'd rather that type of throw that someone who gives up on the series with a safe throw short of the sticks.
Pila
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 15 2016, 11:56 AM) *
Linc ..

That's a pretty entertaining statement. I giggled a little.
Pila
QUOTE (Pila @ Sep 15 2016, 05:13 PM) *
That's a pretty entertaining statement. I giggled a little.

The part you quoted from the piece, lest I be misunderstood...
Zero
QUOTE (Pila @ Sep 15 2016, 12:58 PM) *
The part you quoted from the piece, lest I be misunderstood...

Hahaha! I was going, WTF? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.