Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any adjustment to wins predictions
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
The consensus on sports talk is that everyone is high on Wentz, but that most didn't adjust the wins total.

I had them at a lowly five wins.

I give them another win to get to six based on what I saw.

I hesitate to go more based on a few things we know:

1. Ertz injury
2. McKelvin injury (these two make a win this week less probable)
3. Shaky DB play
4. Average instead of good OL play. Kielce really struggled, again.
5. The looming LJ suspension.

I agree that even though I have six wins, that even given the above, 7 is more likely than 5.

Anyone?
Zero
I may get slammed for saying this, but right now W's aren't the main thing for me. The most important thing this year is the development of some key players. Obviously Wentz, but also Agholor, DGB, (Treggs), (Gordon), Seumalo, Vaitai, KGH, Mills. The roster needs strengthening and this year isn't the year to win it all anyway.

I still say 8 wins.
samaroo
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 15 2016, 07:45 PM) *
I may get slammed for saying this, but right now W's aren't the main thing for me. The most important thing this year is the development of some key players. Obviously Wentz, but also Agholor, DGB, (Treggs), (Gordon), Seumalo, Vaitai, KGH, Mills. The roster needs strengthening and this year isn't the year to win it all anyway.

I still say 8 wins.

This. But I'm still around 7 wins. But if things go how I hope, that number will be higher next year.
Dreagon
I still think you guys end up sharing the cellar with us this year at 5-7 wins.

On the other hand, Wentze looked the real deal out there. Yes, I know he just beat the Browns...but he looked GOOD beating the Browns, which is what a good QB should look like vs a bad team.

So with some experience, and the right pieces gathered around him over the next couple of years, you guys have a chance to build something special.
mcnabbulous
I'm going from 7 to 8 or 9. Mostly because by mid-season, I fully expect Wentz to be playing better QB than anyone we have seen since Foles' crazy run. And the weakness of our division.

Our defense is possibly the best single unit in the east.
Joegrane
I agree with you about the cellar. For us I think the biggest factor will be the O Line. Once L Johnson is out due to suspension and J Peters gets nicked up, things will become ugly Even good QBs can't overcome a bad O Line.

Wentz got away with some dangerous throws against Cle that he might not get away with in the future.

The diving reception to Matthews over the middle between two DBs could have been an Int.

The Out after picking up a bad snap was nearly intercepted by the ProBowl CB. That could have been a Pick-6.

The high and hot throw to Huff that ended up being a reception to Agholor could just as easily been a pick-6.

Gunslingers throw pics and make some amazing plays.

It is amazing to think that a rookie with so little experience might be as productive as a talented veteran such as Sam B. That might happen, especially since Wentz will make a few plays with his feet behind a bad O Line that Sam could not.

QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 15 2016, 10:38 AM) *
I still think you guys end up sharing the cellar with us this year at 5-7 wins.

On the other hand, Wentze looked the real deal out there. Yes, I know he just beat the Browns...but he looked GOOD beating the Browns, which is what a good QB should look like vs a bad team.

So with some experience, and the right pieces gathered around him over the next couple of years, you guys have a chance to build something special.
Pila
Yes. I've gone from 0-16 to 16-0. I'll let you know if that changes after next week's game.
Reality Fan
I thought they would win 10 games B.W., I never really thought about A.W. in a win count.

I will wait for 3 more games before taking a guess. He looked good in game one with the obvious competition caveat.

I think 8-8 is the floor though...the rest of the team is not terrible.
The Franchise
Sticking with 4. I might adjust after the Steelers game (either way), when we face a real contender.
Eyrie
I'll stick with five because I can't get my hopes up based on beating the Browns.
Rick
I had them at 5 but now 7 wins because of Wentz's play the other day (partially) but also now that we know the NFC East sucks again they'll benefit from that.
Phits
It's a soft schedule this year (6th easiest). I had 9. I'll stay.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 15 2016, 07:16 PM) *
It's a soft schedule this year (6th easiest). I had 9. I'll stay.

That is a shocker, I thought they had a tough schedule but I am not doubting you, I agree though....9 wins is doable with this team if the defense continues to gel. If Wentz is the real deal it could go hire. Games like Seattle are much different if their QB is fighting ankle problems.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.