Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looks like Chip will cruise to his first win right away
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Reality Fan
You would think the NFL would know what to expect from him
Reality Fan
28-0

Good start for him....the 49ers looked good on both sides of the ball.
D Rock
Lambs are a joke. Unbelievably bad football. Jeff's gotta go. Goff is supposed to "learn" from that?

Ugly.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 13 2016, 12:20 AM) *
28-0

Good start for him....the 49ers looked good on both sides of the ball.

I thought Gabbert looked like Gabbert. But Carlos Hyde looked really excellent.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 13 2016, 11:52 AM) *
Lambs are a joke. Unbelievably bad football. Jeff's gotta go. Goff is supposed to "learn" from that?

Ugly.

You mean like the Browns? I agree.

But the 49ers D looked pretty good. And for the first game running a new offense they did not look bad...the Rams have some decent players on D, it has been the focus of their draft strategy for years at the expense of their offense.
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 13 2016, 05:06 PM) *
You mean like the Browns? I agree.

But the 49ers D looked pretty good. And for the first game running a new offense they did not look bad...the Rams have some decent players on D, it has been the focus of their draft strategy for years at the expense of their offense.

Honestly, I thought they looked worse than the browns.

The Lambs do have some players on D. 11 of them. But they are way over rated when the talking head's rhetoric is compared with the actual numbers. As a unit, they're simply not getting it done.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 13 2016, 12:14 PM) *

The Lambs do have some players on D. 11 of them. But they are way over rated when the talking head's rhetoric is compared with the actual numbers. As a unit, they're simply not getting it done.

Their D was ranked 13th in points allowed and 7th in passing TDs allowed and that was playing opposite an offense that was at or near the bottom of the league (go figure). They have some real talent on defense but they are just as dysfunctional as the Browns, 2 real bad franchises who always seem to make the wrong decisions.
D Rock
I would guess we see Goff by week 5.

ETA: I'd be shocked if he looked good.
Phits
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 13 2016, 12:17 PM) *
Their D was ranked 13th in points allowed and 7th in passing TDs allowed and that was playing opposite an offense that was at or near the bottom of the league (go figure). They have some real talent on defense but they are just as dysfunctional as the Browns, 2 real bad franchises who always seem to make the wrong decisions.

The Rams have been a real head scratcher ever since Martz left. Just one bad decision after another.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 13 2016, 12:23 PM) *
I would guess we see Goff by week 5.

ETA: I'd be shocked if he looked good.

What is really scary is the question of how bad he had to look to make the Rams play Keenum?
D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 13 2016, 05:36 PM) *
What is really scary is the question of how bad he had to look to make the Rams play Keenum?

Agreed. An apologist might be want to consider it akin to Wentz sitting behind Bradford. Not because Wentz looked bad, but because they could afford him the chance to "sit-n-learn" without throwing a season in the toilet.

Alas, I think in the Lambs' case, it's likely more that Goff isn't ready.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 13 2016, 02:43 PM) *

Not to sound like a broken record here, but of course he's not ready. He played in a fucking modified Air Raid system. The fact that the Rams have now spent two #1 picks on guys like that is pure comedy to me.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 12 2016, 11:58 PM) *
You would think the NFL would know what to expect from him

When he starts playing NFL teams next week, they will. I wonder how many 49ers fans are declaring him a certified genius and their savior?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 13 2016, 03:43 PM) *
Agreed. An apologist might be want to consider it akin to Wentz sitting behind Bradford. Not because Wentz looked bad, but because they could afford him the chance to "sit-n-learn" without throwing a season in the toilet.

My stance on it was simple, my biggest issue with the Eagles plan was that they did all 3 things that they did. They overpaid Bradford bidding against themselves, they traded a ton of picks for Wentz and they grossly overpaid a mediocre, short backup with a record contract. Had they signed Bradford I was ok. Had they let Bradford walk, traded for Wentz and brought in a journeyman QB to play while Wentz learned I would have been ok (not my preferred plan but understandable). My biggest problem with the Eagles moves is that they knew they were going to go after Wentz before they signed Wentz...they had made the deals at the combine to move to 8, something Howie said directly when the deals were announced after the Bradord signing. At that point you let Bradford walk and bank that money for any decent FAs left or let it roll over.

I can't call Howie a genius because Teddy Bridgewater blew his knee out.

In the Lambs case (christ, you have me doing it) I think it is just another example of a terrible franchise making another terrible decision. Goff may be bad but it is easier to learn on the field in his case because the guys they have there are just brutal.

nephillymike
It's good to see one defense in Chips system didn't use the hurry up as an excuse for poor play.

Imagine that.

A hurry up and a shutout.

Is the world ending tomorrow?

RF and Nabby breaking bread?

Who woulda thunk it possible!
Joegrane
I'm even more surprised at the Rams than San Fran. I thought the Rams would be an above average team.

Did the Rams loose many players? Obviously one is in our D backfield.

QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 13 2016, 12:14 PM) *

Pila
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 13 2016, 05:17 PM) *

Fisher is a dinosaur that hasn't really adjusted well to the times. He's basically an old-school disciplinarian, but with little imagination beyond what he learned from Buddy. Football has passed him by.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.