Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If there was ever time for a running game...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
SAM I Am
Run, run and run some more!!!

Let's face it, I don't care how good he is or may become, this is his first real game action since his last Division II college game, and the NFL is a long fucking ways from Division II college football.

I think it goes without saying --- but I'll say it anyway --- the brownstains are going to try to confuse and put as much pressure on Wentz as they possibly can. I expect he'll be seeing blitzes, stuntz and formations meant to confuse the hell out of him.

Of course I want him to pass the ball. And even though our receiving corp hasn't shown me much of anything to inspire confidence, he still has 2 tight ends and Sproles to check down to when necessary. But if they can't run the ball today --- which they should be able to do (O linemen love run blocking) --- it could be a long day for Wentz.

If they are able to run the ball, I am pretty confident in a win with our D --- specifically the pressure the front 4 will bring.

Eagles 20 brownstains 17
Joegrane
I agree that they will face heavy blitzes. Supposedly the Browns are very young and their D coord has a history of being blitz happy. Eagles don't have many weapons that opposing Ds will fear. Add the rookie QB and one can expect plenty of blitzes.

The plus is that we have a veteran, healthy O line and a RB that has both size to pound and speed to beat you outside.

I think Wentz will pass more than we think. He'll take some chances deep with DGB or others. They need to show the league that they can beat the blitz and make the D pay.

I like your prediction on the score. RGIII should be healthy and motivated to show the league what he can do. He will make some plays with his feet.

QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Sep 11 2016, 11:05 AM) *
Run, run and run some more!!!

Let's face it, I don't care how good he is or may become, this is his first real game action since his last Division II college game, and the NFL is a long fucking ways from Division II college football.

I think it goes without saying --- but I'll say it anyway --- the brownstains are going to try to confuse and put as much pressure on Wentz as they possibly can. I expect he'll be seeing blitzes, stuntz and formations meant to confuse the hell out of him.

Of course I want him to pass the ball. And even though our receiving corp hasn't shown me much of anything to inspire confidence, he still has 2 tight ends and Sproles to check down to when necessary. But if they can't run the ball today --- which they should be able to do (O linemen love run blocking) --- it could be a long day for Wentz.

If they are able to run the ball, I am pretty confident in a win with our D --- specifically the pressure the front 4 will bring.

Eagles 20 brownstains 17

JeeQ
We should take from the Broncos playbook and smother them with defense while illegally hitting their QB in the head multiple times. He's black... err... mobile so no refs will call it laugh.gif

Boom! Headshot!

If Wentz takes any shots like that tonight we'll be scraping him off the field laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.