Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why have we not added our 53rd player to the roster?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Buried deep in the practice squad rules, is verbiage that allows a team to use the revised practice squad rules for veterans of two accrued seasons provided that they keep a 53 man roster throughout the year.

I hope that if we correct it by Sunday, we will be ok, but I'm not sure if we already blew it.

Can't figure out why they wouldn't name a 53rd man. The spot has been open since the Rowe trade.

Any ideas?
Zero
The Eagles still have just 52 players on their 53-man roster. It looks more and more like they intend to bring back vested veteran linebacker Najee Goode next week; Goode would be owed his entire year's salary if he played in the opener, but by not adding him until afterward, they could pay him week to week.
Birdman420
Why did we get rid of Nolan Caroll agian? I'd think it would be good to have a 5th cb for depth and he wasn't awful.
Zero
Carroll is starting. You mean Rowe?
Birdman420
I was looking at NFL.com FA board and it said Carroll was a former eagle with No assigned team. I guess I should check our active roster before looking at the FA's.

I know Rowe didn't impress enough to keep him on, I'm just looking for viable options for depth.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.