Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Daniel vs. Wentz
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
If all would do the Bradford trade,

How many would start Wentz game 1 instead of Daniel.

I would. As bad as Daniel was, I can't play him over the Kid.

I think he surpasses Daniel skill in a few weeks

mcnabbulous
No question.
Phits
I would keep him on the bench. I still favour bringing him on slowly.
D Rock
Love the trade. Start the kid.
The Franchise
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 6 2016, 10:26 PM) *
If all would do the Bradford trade,

How many would start Wentz game 1 instead of Daniel.

I would. As bad as Daniel was, I can't play him over the Kid.

I think he surpasses Daniel skill in a few weeks

It's the Browns. Let him get some confidence.
Reality Fan
If they don't start Wentz over that epiccally overpaid backup I will break out the torches...
Dreagon
I would still start Daniels for a few games. Unless you legitimately think you've got a shot at a Super Bowl this year, I don't see anything to be gained by throwing Wentze out too early. This guy is the future that you paid big for. I would be looking toward giving him every chance to transition successfully into the NFL and succeed.
Pila
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 7 2016, 03:34 PM) *
I would still start Daniels for a few games. Unless you legitimately think you've got a shot at a Super Bowl this year, I don't see anything to be gained by throwing Wentze out too early. This guy is the future that you paid big for. I would be looking toward giving him every chance to transition successfully into the NFL and succeed.

The logic applies even without the Superbowl condition, because of the risk of the ruin a trial by fire on rookie QB can have on their psyche. In the case of the Eagles, considering the franchise investment on long term prospects, the risk isn't just this season's fortunes at stake.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Pila @ Sep 7 2016, 11:22 AM) *
The logic applies even without the Superbowl condition, because of the risk of the ruin a trial by fire on rookie QB can have on their psyche. In the case of the Eagles, considering the franchise investment on long term prospects, the risk isn't just this season's fortunes at stake.

The idea that throwing a rookie into things immediately can ruin their psyche is anecdotal.

QBs fail for countless reasons. Most notably, because it's the most difficult position in sports. Whether or not is has something to do with starting immediately is pure speculation.
Eyrie
Ask me on Sunday evening.
Pila
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 7 2016, 05:57 PM) *
The idea that throwing a rookie into things immediately can ruin their psyche is anecdotal.

QBs fail for countless reasons. Most notably, because it's the most difficult position in sports. Whether or not is has something to do with starting immediately is pure speculation.

Well, I wouldn't say it's pure speculation. It's reasoned that the least prepared one is to handle the fire the more likely it is that disaster performances affect their confidence. That's something more than pure speculation, albeit we can disagree on how much more.
Joegrane
"On Tuesday, the teamís off day, Wentz and Daniel were in the building from around 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., breaking down tape and going over the game plan for Sundayís Week 1 game against the Browns. "
http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelphia-eagl...prep-new-normal

It is encouraging, but understandable, that Wentz was in the film room on his day off.

It is shocking that Daniel was in there with him!

Daniel was understandably disappointed to not get the start against the well below-average Browns. His response is to be in the film room with Wentz on their day off?!
Zero
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 7 2016, 11:20 PM) *
Daniel was understandably disappointed to not get the start against the well below-average Browns. His response is to be in the film room with Wentz on their day off?!

Maybe this is why DP wanted him here and paid top $ to get him.
Reality Fan
hmmmm.....wonderful....they paid a mediocre QB backup 7 million to be an assistant coach.....
JeeQ
I was upset when Badford was starting over Wentz so you know damn well it's Wentz all day over that loser Daniels
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 8 2016, 09:33 AM) *
hmmmm.....wonderful....they paid a mediocre QB backup 7 million to be an assistant coach.....

Wentz is the point, not Daniel. Some people need to drink more good beer instead of the shit that creates mood swings. biggrin.gif
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 8 2016, 05:06 PM) *
Wentz is the point, not Daniel. Some people need to drink more good beer instead of the shit that creates mood swings. biggrin.gif

The point of the posts referenced was "what a great guy Daniel was for coming in to go over game film with Wentz" which I think is ridiculous. He is a mediocre backup who received a record contract for a backup QB. He should be picking up Wentz in a limo and getting him hookers for the money he is getting. I also do not get excited about Wentz doing the prep work he should. I respect it but I do not jump up and down. It is what I would expect from a player serious about his job.

I hope he comes out and throws for 300 yards, hell, I want him to be a stud but I can't get excited because he does what Malcolm Jenkins has done for the last 4 years.
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 8 2016, 05:20 PM) *
I want him to be a stud but I can't get excited because he does what Malcolm Jenkins has done for the last 4 years.

If he fares as well as Jenkins has we should all be happy.
Joegrane
And an insurance policy in the event they found a trade partner for SamB and the rookie was in over his head.

I'll save you the time by writing, "an historically expensive insurance policy."

True, but at least the guy is trying to earn his pile of $.

He may also be thinking about next year. If Wentz is okay, the Eagles could cut Daniel, save a pile of $ and bring in a veteran who is too creaky to start, someone like Tony Romo.

I said "like Tony Romo". I've had enough of overpriced Cowgirls coming to Philly.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 8 2016, 09:33 AM) *
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.