Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rowe traded to Patriots
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
For an OL I haven't heard of (Josh Kline) and an undisclosed draft pick.

mcnabbulous
A 2018 fourth rounder that can become a third, per Rapoport.
mcnabbulous
Kline was the Patriots topped ranked OL last year per PFF [insert fart noise].

Overall it's an uninspiring trade. He was so bad this preseason, but it's hard to justify giving up on a young DB like that. Especially when he seemed to be out of position.

Reality Fan
If they got Kline and a 4th that is a good trade....most beat writers were sure that Rowe was going to get cut. Besides looking terrible in every preseason game he looked terrible in practice. Oddly enough, he looked even stiffer this year than he did last year. To get a decent O lin guy and a 4th rounder seems pretty good. All the talk about him playing safety seems more wishful thinking because they tried him there in practice and it seems like he did not make much of an impression there. Either way he clearly was not in Schwartz's plans so it is a good move.
mcnabbulous
It's probably a good move, considering his future here, but it's just disappointing that we haven't drafted a respectable DB since Sheldon Brown.
mcnabbulous
And Schefter is now saying that the Eagles are already looking to trade Kline. Weird.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 6 2016, 12:21 PM) *
It's probably a good move, considering his future here, but it's just disappointing that we haven't drafted a respectable DB since Sheldon Brown.

Amen brother......among many other positions.....which is why I have no faith in Howie the personnel guy.
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 6 2016, 02:15 PM) *
Amen brother......among many other positions.....which is why I have no faith in Howie the personnel guy.

Didn't Roseman get banished last year and Kelly run the draft?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 6 2016, 01:38 PM) *
Didn't Roseman get banished last year and Kelly run the draft?

This issue is far deeper than Howie. We haven't drafted a legit, long-term starter in our defensive backfield since 2003.
Eyrie
Getting anything for a player that was far from certain to make the team this time last week is a bonus.

Obviously the Eagles aren't confident in starting Seumalo.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 6 2016, 02:47 PM) *
This issue is far deeper than Howie. We haven't drafted a legit, long-term starter in our defensive backfield since 2003.

Which is one of the reasons they hired Douglas and Weidl. There have been many changes since 2003, perhaps the biggest being in 2013 and 2016.
Joegrane
I'm hoping Schwartz will have a positive impact on future selections on the D side.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 6 2016, 02:47 PM) *

Zero
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 6 2016, 04:38 PM) *
I'm hoping Schwartz will have a positive impact on future selections on the D side.

I believe that being a good coach does not mean one is a good talent evaluator. Could be, but it's not a given.
SAM I Am
Woooooooooooooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Building for the future --- around Carson Wentz --- and the future isn't right now. No shortcuts.

In Howie I trust.

Joegrane
True but at least having the same D Coordinator for more than a year or two will allow the Eagles personnel people to target talent that will fit the coach's system.

QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 6 2016, 05:15 PM) *
I believe that being a good coach does not mean one is a good talent evaluator. Could be, but it's not a given.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 6 2016, 05:15 PM) *
True but at least having the same D Coordinator for more than a year or two will allow the Eagles personnel people to target talent that will fit the coach's system.

This approach never seems to work for us. We should be targeting the best football players.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 6 2016, 06:31 PM) *
This approach never seems to work for us. We should be targeting the best football players.

Yes! Especially when you've conceded, or at least show concession that you are in building mode. It shouldn't matter either way, but especially now.
nephillymike
Per schefty, Kline no longer part of the trade.

No word if we get anything else.
Reality Fan
Why do I get the ugly feeling that Rowe will be another Eagles DB who will go elsewhere and flourish? It seems they always do better when they are gone. (Except the grossly overrated Boykin)
Zero
Boykin had a good rookie year.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 9 2016, 05:38 PM) *
Why do I get the ugly feeling that Rowe will be another Eagles DB who will go elsewhere and flourish?

Because Bill Belichick just traded for him - a guy who is so unbelievably talented at personnel management it's almost as if he's cheating. wink.gif

As a general rule, when New England wants one of your players, raise your eyebrow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.