Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Predict Eagles Wins This Year
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Anyone?

I said 5.

I was at 7 for Sam, 6 with Daniel, and I go with 5 with the kid.
mcnabbulous
I went with 7. Think by the end of the year, we'll be playing better than we would with Sam.
The Franchise
I said 4.

Our schedule is pretty tough, and apart from a couple division wins and a couple 'any given sunday' wins, most of these are pretty obvious losses.
samaroo
I said 7. I said 7 before. We'll win a couple we should lose, and lose a few we should win. Maybe more of the latter than the former.
Phits
8 wins

This "tough" schedule isn't really that bad. According to the numbers, we have the 26th toughest schedule, or the 6th easiest (depending on whether your glass is half full or half empty).

The tough teams seem to be PIT, GB, SEA, CIN (-4). Our division is pretty crappy so I can see a split (3-3). The rest of the crappy teams (CLE, CHI, DET, MIN, ATL, BAL) should work in our favor. Optimistically we go 4-2, but I refuse to acknowledge Sammy coming to the Linc and stealing a game. 5-1 just feels better.
Joegrane
I voted 5 as a homer. I really think 4 is more realistic without Lane Johnson and with a 34 yr old injury-prone L OT.

I think Johnson's loss is bigger than Sam's. Sam was not going to do much without time to throw. At least the kid will make some plays with his feet.

This assumes he stays healthy. I don't have much confidence in Daniel especially behind a weak O line and without elite weapons.

That defense would likely be fun to watch if the Eagles O could get a lead. I just don't know how often opposing teams will have a need to pass.

Also if the offense becomes stagnant, the time of possession will wear on the D. I'm hopeful that the short passing game plus Wentz's legs will keep that from being a big problem.

I fear we will see many low scoring, field-possession battles, unlike what we've become accustomed to under Chip and Andy R.
Zero
I was going to take the "you gotta believe" route and go more than 10 but went with the 8 I think is possible.
Reality Fan
10+ for me baby...I am on the Wentz train.....lol

The kid is going to prove me wrong....I can feel it.....great defense and Wentz makes the Pro Bowl
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 6 2016, 11:20 AM) *
10+ for me baby...I am on the Wentz train.....lol

The kid is going to prove me wrong....I can feel it.....great defense and Wentz makes the Pro Bowl

Hedging your bets, I see.
Eyrie
Five.

Wentz has barely played and the WRs don't inspire confidence. Our starting RB and LT are injury prone and the RT may be suspended. We're thin at LB and hoping our DL keeps our CBs from being exposed. And to top it all we have a rookie HC who wants to call his own plays.

On the bright side, I'm an Eagles fan.
SAM I Am
I optimistically went with 6.

3 of them will come within our division; one against each divisional opponent.

And the other 3: Browns, Lions and Ravens
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 6 2016, 12:29 PM) *
Hedging your bets, I see.

I think sarcasm is the word
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 6 2016, 07:26 PM) *
I think sarcasm is the word

Forgetting sarcasm, what was it with Sam, what with Wentz?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 6 2016, 07:40 PM) *
Forgetting sarcasm, what was it with Sam, what with Wentz?

Someone sees what I was getting at smile.gif
Dreagon
I honestly have no idea.
Rookie QB, new coach, and significant roster turnover...yet at the same time the rest of the division is hardly a model of consistency.

The most coldly rational guess would be

Wash 10-6
NYG 8-8
Philly and Dallas between 5-11 to 7-9
nephillymike
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 6 2016, 07:50 PM) *
I honestly have no idea.
Rookie QB, new coach, and significant roster turnover...yet at the same time the rest of the division is hardly a model of consistency.

The most coldly rational guess would be

Wash 10-6
NYG 8-8
Philly and Dallas between 5-11 to 7-9

It's hard for me to give NY respect when we kicked their asses twice last year.
Dreagon
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 6 2016, 07:52 PM) *
It's hard for me to give NY respect when we kicked their asses twice last year.

Agreed. I've actually got our first game with them penciled in as one of our most likely wins. We are 5-1 in our past three years playing them, and a couple of times they simply self destructed. It's hard to predict them.
JeeQ
I see us squeaking out a 6-10 record under the first year of Wentz and Pederson. But more importantly I'll be looking forward to watching every game and seeing how this team grows
xsv
Looks like the team did quite a bit better then most regulars on the board.
Joegrane
Yes but with a 6.6 average the group as a whole did well.

I assumed Peters would be out 3 or 4 games and they would be certain losses if they coincided with L Johnson's suspension.

QUOTE (xsv @ Jan 2 2017, 06:59 AM) *

The Franchise
QUOTE (xsv @ Jan 2 2017, 07:59 AM) *

That's why we watch the games.
bwc2112
What the Hell kinda question is that?
14-2 , ya'll come on down here and try to take my Dream away.

And Chip Kelly Fired what a day.
Eyrie
I had us at five, so seven was a nice surprise and something to build on for next year.
Dreagon
I had you guys at five to seven wins and it looks like yall hit the upper side of that prediction. Simply put, there is not a bad team in this division.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.