Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Expect Ugly on Sunday
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Plenty of great QBs and thought to be up and coming QBs have struggled:

Here are the passer ratings for th first nfl starts for these QBs:

Cunningham. 26.4
Eli Manning, 45.1
McNabb, 46.3
Luck, 52.9
P. Manning 58.6
Winston, 64.0
Roethlisberger, 74.6
Brady, 79.6
Bree's, 136.8
Marietta, 158.3

Gonna need our big D and ST's this week
samaroo
Well, it's Philly. So I'm expecting the first series to end with an incompletion, and the fans will riot. If he throws a pick before halftime, the bridges will be packed.
The Franchise
Well, Wentz couldn't ask for a better opening opponent. I have no doubt that factored into Pederson's decision to start him, as opposed to if we were playing the Seahawks.
Joegrane
You stole my thoughts : ) I logged on to make that exact point.

I've really been bewildered--ok more than usual--that they reversed course and anointed Wentz the starter. I could not understand the rationale.

However I just reviewed their 2016 schedule. The Browns might be their weakest opponent of the year.

Furthermore they will still have Lane Johnson and a healthy Jason Peters. Teams don't yet have a "book" on Wentz--his tendencies, his weaknesses, his favorite receivers, etc. They also don't know how Pederson is going to call a game--the plays they tend to run with various personnel groups, etc.

If a solid playoff caliber team was coming to town and if Daniel had played better during the Preseason, I bet Wentz would be holding the clipboard.

They may only win 4 or 5 games. This might be Wentz's best opportunity for a W this season!

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Sep 5 2016, 07:10 PM) *
Well, Wentz couldn't ask for a better opening opponent. I have no doubt that factored into Pederson's decision to start him, as opposed to if we were playing the Seahawks.
Zero
We'll see how Pederson helps him. Lean on the run and high percentage passes. Kid may do OK.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 5 2016, 06:56 PM) *
You stole my thoughts : ) I logged on to make that exact point.

I've really been bewildered--ok more than usual--that they reversed course and anointed Wentz the starter. I could not understand the rationale.

However I just reviewed their 2016 schedule. The Browns might be their weakest opponent of the year.

Furthermore they will still have Lane Johnson and a healthy Jason Peters. Teams don't yet have a "book" on Wentz--his tendencies, his weaknesses, his favorite receivers, etc. They also don't know how Pederson is going to call a game--the plays they tend to run with various personnel groups, etc.

If a solid playoff caliber team was coming to town and if Daniel had played better during the Preseason, I bet Wentz would be holding the clipboard.

They may only win 4 or 5 games. This might be Wentz's best opportunity for a W this season!

Good points for sure.

I really think Daniel's poor play was a big factor.

At least it was in my mind. I was on board with trying to win at all costs and was fine with having Sam and Daniel play in order to do so. But with Sam gone and Daniel stinking up the joint, I said heck with it, start the kid. The way Daniel played, it will probably only be a one game difference in the W column.
Phits
Even before the trade I expected most games to be ugly.
samaroo
I'm starting to sense some hope creeping into this board. Let's all check ourselves...this kid is still a rookie, and this team was broken last year. Temper expectations accordingly.
D Rock
This is equal parts "the kid" and "chase Daniels sucks." Chase showed nothing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.