Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turner Cut. Eagles add three players
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
and apparently someone claimed Blake Countess, believe it or not.
One one thread they say none of our cuts were claimed and then in another they say Countess was.

https://twitter.com/DZangaroCSN

Edit for clarification:

Nobody claimed any of our cuts for their 53 man rosters (how's that for a vote of confidence in our talent evaluation)

However, Countess, since he wasn't signed to our PS, was available to be signed on other PS and he went to LA.

Fine by me.

I said draft day that that was our biggest waste of draft pick than nobody else would have drafted him.
nephillymike
Also cj smith cut.

Need one more cut to make room for the three pickups
Zero
Only because Turner was a fan favorite, I thought I'd see what his replacement sounds like. Besides an injury, he is noted as a team leader, timed at 4.39 supposedly, so faster than Turner.
BRYCE TREGGS, WR
SCHOOL: CALIFORNIA | CONFERENCE: PAC12
COLLEGE EXPERIENCE: SENIOR | HOMETOWN: INGLEWOOD, CA
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 5-11 / 190 LBS.

PLAYER OVERVIEW

A four-year starter, Treggs was a valuable cog in the Cal offensive machine the moment he arrived in Berkley and posted a career-best 77 catches in 2013 to earn All-Pac 12 Honorable Mention honors as a sophomore. Although his catches decreased the next two seasons, his yards per catch average saw a large jump as a senior in 2015 as he was used more downfield, leading the team with 956 yards receiving.
STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES

Treggs, whose father (Brian) left Cal as the school's all-time leading receiver in the early '90s, has the straight-line speed and vertical route prowess to stack corners and find the football downfield. He has a skinny frame and can be out-muscled off the pattern, lacking the functional strength to break tackles or offer much as a blocker. Treggs has slightly above average ballskills, showing the adjustment skills to catch the ball in stride and make tough grabs away from his body - also has experience as a return man, which might earn him draftable grades.

Treggs (knee) was seen running on the sidelines during Tuesday's practice, CSN Bay Area reports.
Treggs suffered a sprained MCL in the second week of the preseason. While he avoided a serious knee injury, the timing of the sprain seemed to put his chance to make the 53-man roster in jeopardy. The team didn't disclose if Treggs would be able to suit up for Thursday's preseason finale, but it would go a long way in helping him make the team as a special teams contributor if he were able to play.
CBS ..

Also: Roto viz
Zero
I also heard that Brooks could be a good pickup from the Ravens. He's supposed to have a lot of talent, had a knee injury his rookie year and got in Harbaugh's doghouse last year. A good prospect drafted in round 3 may benefit from a fresh start and playing behind Jenkins and McLeod.
Zero
And, is Grugier-Hill a S, LB or hybrid? 2017 Kendricks insurance?
His numbers jumped off the page at his pro day held in early March at Northwestern. He ran a 4.45 40, which considering his status as a hybrid safety/linebacker is off the charts. His 38-vertical and 10-9 broad jump were equally stunning. His numbers in Evanston bettered the average of those safeties at the Combine pretty much across the board, and that's the reason he found himself on NFL draft boards.

The Patriots officially listed him as a safety in the profile they issued to media following his selection. Hodges believes that despite his 215-pound frame he has the physicality and makeup to succeed at linebacker as well.
Linc ..
samaroo
That kind of athleticism could make him a STs ace, if nothing else. Could be worth a spot just for that. We've all seen what great STs play can do for a team. STs and Sproles have turned 4 or 5 losses into wins the last couple years.
Zero
Some impressive catches here by Treggs. He would have been a natural for DMac's worm burners. laugh.gif
nephillymike
Here's what I was able to find from my draft archives:

WR Treggs ranked #409 by CBS and not in top 504 by NFL.com (top 256 considered draft worthy) not too impressive

SS/OLB Gruiger-Hill drafted #208 in the 6th round by NE. The pick was rated an F at the time by CBS sports.
He was rated #312 by CBS and #317 by NFL.com So while not draft quality, considered a top five PS player talent on a team.

FS T. Brooks - drafted #79 in the 3rd by BAL. Rated #67 by CBS and #120 by NFL.com. Definitely worth a shot by his prospects ratings.

Turner was the 99th best WR per CBS whilst (to use an Eyrieism) Treggs was the 48th rated WR. Turner can catch, Teggs can run. We'll see.
nephillymike
Not to unnecessarily worry anyone about the history of post 53 man roster cuts of WR's by our beloved Iggles

BUT

We did cut WR Jimmy Smith and his 12,287 career rec yds and 862 rec and 65th of all-time wtd AV.

Not to worry.

Rest easy.

The decisions are in good hands.

If you have trouble sleeping, instead of counting sheep, count Jimmy Smith's career receptions...............
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.