Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What will the Sam Bradford trade yield for the Eagles?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Joegrane
The 1st and conditional 4th-2nd round picks for Bradford are amazingly good. So what might Howie do with those picks? This is a sobering look at the recent past.

Recent low 1st round picks:

2015 @#20 N Agholor
2014 @#26 M Smith
2011 @#23 D Watkins
2009 @#19 J Maclin (they traded up)

Recent 4th rounders:

Jaylen Watkins, Matt Barkley, Brandon Boykin, Casey Matthews, Alex Henery, Trevard Lindley, Keenan Clayton, Mike Kafka.

In round 1 they might target a CB which gives me hope that J Schwartz will make a solid pick.

nephillymike
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 4 2016, 01:05 PM) *
The 1st and conditional 4th-2nd round picks for Bradford are amazingly good. So what might Howie do with those picks? This is a sobering look at the recent past.

2015 @#20 N Agholor
2014 @#26 M Smith
2011 @#23 D Watkins

Recent 4th rounders:

Jaylen Watkins, Matt Barkley, Brandon Boykin, Casey Matthews, Alex Henery, Trevard Lindley, Keenan Clayton, Mike Kafka.

In round 1 they might target a CB which gives me hope that J Schwartz will make a solid pick.

Yep that sums up Howie's drafting.

Wait until this year's crew pans out. Looks like the worst we've seen.
The Franchise
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 4 2016, 03:14 PM) *
Yep that sums up Howie's drafting.

Wait until this year's crew pans out. Looks like the worst we've seen.

Statistically speaking, if they blindfolded Howie and had him 'pin the tail' on 1st round picks instead of knowingly picking, we would've done better.....
Zero
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 4 2016, 02:05 PM) *

2015 @#20 N Agholor
2014 @#26 M Smith
2011 @#23 D Watkins

Recent 4th rounders:

This is exactly why I thought the hiring of Douglas and Weidl were more important than trading Maxwell, Alonso and Murray. Probably more important that moving up for Wentz or trading Bradford. If they're good they make that list meaningless and what you posted is history. If not .. we are Eagle fans after all.
samaroo
This should be a good year for a back-end 1st round pick, too. We need a RB who can stay healthy, and there's plenty of good ones coming out. OL, too. Should be hard to mess up.

DISCLAIMER: This post is for the one-time private use of the members of this forum, and may not be brought up again in April when we screw up our first round pick.
Zero
QUOTE (samaroo @ Sep 4 2016, 06:44 PM) *
This should be a good year for a back-end 1st round pick, too. We need a RB who can stay healthy, and there's plenty of good ones coming out. OL, too. Should be hard to mess up.

DISCLAIMER: This post is for the one-time private use of the members of this forum, and may not be brought up again in April when we screw up our first round pick.
laugh.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (samaroo @ Sep 4 2016, 05:44 PM) *

I like the legal disclaimer. Nice touch!!
Eyrie
QUOTE (samaroo @ Sep 4 2016, 11:44 PM) *

I think this post deserves to be stickied biggrin.gif
samaroo
Thank you everybody! I'll be here all week! Try the veal!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.