Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cuts In. One surprise
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Philadelphia Eagles

Cuts to 75: LS John DePalma, CB Randall Evans, OL Andrew Gardner, WR Chris Givens, DT Mike Martin, S Nick Perry, WR Rueben Randle, CB Denzel Rice

Cuts to 53: QB McLeod Bethel-Thompson, LB Don Cherry, S Blake Countess, DT Bruce Gaston, LB Quentin Gause, LB Najee Goode, G Darrell Greene, WR Marcus Johnson, C Barrett Jones, WR Cayleb Jones, RB Byron Marshall, TE M.J. McFarland, DE Jake Metz, RB Cedric O'Neal, TE Chris Pantale, K Cody Parkey, S Ed Reynolds, CB JaCorey Shepherd, DT Aziz Shittu, LB Mike Tavarres, WR David Watford

Goode was the cut that surprised. They also cut Gause. Only four LB's!!

I have to figure out who we kept in his spot. First glance it looks like OT Gordon and DT Vaeao made it instead. I had them being the 2nd and 3rd best PS players so not a shock.

Maybe we are depending on Barwin and Graham and Braman as emergency backup LB's.

My man Turner has made the team!!
Pila
Ed Reynolds will find a team - that was a great game he played on Thursday.

Someone else will get cut as soon as they find a legitimate 3rd QB.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Pila @ Sep 3 2016, 04:13 PM) *
Ed Reynolds will find a team - that was a great game he played on Thursday.

Someone else will get cut as soon as they find a legitimate 3rd QB.

True about the 3rd QB.

Not sure about Reynolds. Made a nice pick six one game, but blew a blocking assignment for a blocked punt in another.

Doesn't have range for a S and is suspect tackling. I had him as best player on PS so hopefully they get him back.

I liked him as a draft pick but have been disappointed.
Zero
Very surprised about Goode. I saw him as the reliable LB backup. Are there other moves and bring him back?
Joegrane
I agree I was surprised too. Haven't they cut Goode and brought him back in each of the past two years?!

Maybe they have a deal with him ; ) ; ) that allows the Eagles to keep D Gorden as a back up OT until the LJ suspension kicks in.

I'm surprised Paul Turner made the team even though he earned it. Maybe he is too valuable as a lesson for the underachieving young WRs.

QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 3 2016, 05:38 PM) *
Very surprised about Goode. I saw him as the reliable LB backup. Are there other moves and bring him back?

nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 3 2016, 04:38 PM) *

As a guy going into his 5th year, I think all of his PS eligibility is used up.

So it's roster or nothing.

Keep in mind that Johnson will be getting suspended, so that will create room.

They have 11 OL including Johnson so we won't have to add another OL.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.