Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cap/Cash Impact
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Current year cap, was to be a 12.5M hit, now only 11M hit, as Z says, save 1.5M

Cash, we save $7M this year and $17M next year.

Not bad.
Eyrie
Does Bradford's departure give us a large cap saving in 2017?

I vaguely remember a suggestion that things were looking tight next year unless we cut Barwin and Peters.
Zero
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Sep 3 2016, 05:38 PM) *
Does Bradford's departure give us a large cap saving in 2017?

I vaguely remember a suggestion that things were looking tight next year unless we cut Barwin and Peters.

Looks like Bradford will save $13 mil, if Peters is cut it'll save $9.2 mil and Barwin leaving would save $7.75. Ideally we should hope Peters and Barwin are both still good for this year and next year but it looks like they're better at DE than LT.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 3 2016, 05:57 PM) *
Looks like Bradford will save $13 mil, if Peters is cut it'll save $9.2 mil and Barwin leaving would save $7.75. Ideally we should hope Peters and Barwin are both still good for this year and next year but it looks like they're better at DE than LT.

Just curious. Not only you but others seem ready to write off Barwin.

Just what has he done to merit this concern?
Joegrane
I really like Barwin but his salary becomes funny money next year for a guy who will be on the wrong side of 30. Notice the dead cap of only 600k$ in 2017.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-ea...or-barwin-5680/

Hopefully they'll do a Celek-like extension to allow him to end his career here.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 3 2016, 10:10 PM) *

Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 3 2016, 10:10 PM) *

Not at all. Eyrie brought up Barwin and Peters I just gave him the numbers and said "ideally" they'll both still be here next year. But they're pretty good at DE and have two, younger, less expensive players showing some promise in Smith and Means. I like Barwin and I'm anxious to see how he does with his hand down in this D.
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 4 2016, 03:10 AM) *

It's not about his level of play but his cap hit. We could free up a lot of much needed space with that one cut.

But the $13m saving from Bradford in 2017 makes a restructured deal for Barwin more likely - possibly even this year. The same applies to Peters.
Joegrane
His cap hit for 2018 is 10 mil$ for a 32 yr old.

I bet they draft a SAM LB with a mid round pick for depth and release Barwin who I assume is a backup SAM as well as DE.

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Sep 4 2016, 06:37 AM) *
It's not about his level of play but his cap hit. We could free up a lot of much needed space with that one cut.

But the $13m saving from Bradford in 2017 makes a restructured deal for Barwin more likely - possibly even this year. The same applies to Peters.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.