Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Per Caplan and Garifolo
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/...one-if-healthy/

Oh boy!!

Hail the Kid!!
JeeQ
All my dreams are coming true Mike
Pila
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 3 2016, 06:50 PM) *
All my dreams are coming true Mike

Your dream was to murder the team's franchise rookie QB before he's ready, with sore ribs behind a questionable OL?

With fans like you, who needs Jintz fans?
nephillymike
QUOTE (Pila @ Sep 3 2016, 01:01 PM) *
Your dream was to murder the team's franchise rookie QB before he's ready, with sore ribs behind a questionable OL?

Johnson is supposed to start week 1. I actually think that our OL is pretty good with him in there.

Now, if you think he's not ready, that's one thing. But I don't see the OL as a reason not to play him.
Dreagon
The NFC East is becoming RookieFest 2016
JeeQ
QUOTE (Pila @ Sep 3 2016, 11:01 AM) *

Tampa Bay went 4-12, drafted Jameis Winston, and he threw for 4,000, and scored 28 touchdowns... If you don't believe in Wentz I understand that; but I'm ready to see what he can do.

QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 3 2016, 11:21 AM) *
The NFC East is becoming RookieFest 2016

laugh.gif
nephillymike
I'm with you JQ.

If Winston and Mariota can be semi successful in year one, I think the Kid can too.

Sure he hasn't played as much against the top college players as the other two did, but he has more experience in the pro offense than they do.

We'll see.
mcnabbulous
He'll be fine. He will make mistakes. Hopefully he'll take chances down the field and he'll throw picks. Almost all the great ones do early in their careers. But he is going to be able to make plays with his athleticism. A dimension we absolutely wouldn't have had with Sam.

I'm way more excited for the season now.

And Wentz's best comp is probably Big Ben. Don't forget what he was able to accomplish as a rookie. I don't expect it, but it's also not unprecedented.
Joegrane
I wonder if it is just talk to keep Cleveland off balance about the starter.

With L Johnson and a healthy J Peters I like the Eagles chances at home vs Cleveland. The Eagles have lots of depth on the D Line to chase RG III around all day. They have at least two quick athletic LBs to help the front 4 with that.

I'd plan to start Daniels for at least three games and then revisit the question after the Bye. At that point Wentz should be healthy and will have a better feel for the offense, life in the NFL, etc.

If I was the coach or GM I'd want the tough Philly fans to see bad QB play for a few weeks before introducing Wentz to them. They might be a little less critical of the rookie, especially since he should at least be more entertaining due to his mobility.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 3 2016, 01:16 PM) *

Eyrie
I'd be wary about starting Wentz given he missed most of the preseason games.

I'd say it's insane if Johnson gets suspended.
samaroo
My brain says to sit the kid a la Pedey and Mc5. But I'm so excited to see him play! Man, this trade has invigorated my excitement for this season to no end!
The Franchise
I say sit him until the bye week.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.