Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A question for all regarding this season
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
What was your wins prediction with Sam?

What is it with Daniel, assuming he's at the helm until we're eliminated or if he is bad?

What is it if they play the Kid from Day 1?

I was at 7 wins with Bradford.

When I saw Daniel and Bradford play on the first open practice, Daniel was better, and up to that point, he was reportedly better in practice, so I would have been at 8 with him. However, after watching both in the games, Daniel looked pretty bad, so I'd go with 6 wins with him.

If they play the Kid the entire year, I'd go with 5. Not sure how much difference there is between the Daniel I saw in the preseason games and the Kid, but I figure it is a game.

The toughest thing is to sell the veteran players that we are trying to win. After watching Daniel, that could be a tough sell.

Anyone?
Phits
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 3 2016, 12:08 PM) *
The toughest thing is to sell the veteran players that we are trying to win. After watching Daniel, that could be a tough sell.

If our veterans were sold on Bradford, they'll believe anything.

The whole world knew this season Sammy was auditioning for his next team. I think most of the vets, that we should be concerned about, already knew this season was to build for the future.

SAM I Am

What is it with Daniel, assuming he's at the helm until we're eliminated or if he is bad?

When I saw Daniel and Bradford play on the first open practice, Daniel was better, and up to that point, he was reportedly better in practice, so I would have been at 8 with him. However, after watching both in the games, Daniel looked pretty bad, so I'd go with 6 wins with him.

If they play the Kid the entire year, I'd go with 5. Not sure how much difference there is between the Daniel I saw in the preseason games and the Kid, but I figure it is a game.

Anyone?

6 - 10 or 7 - 9 with the Sammy/Wentz combo

5 - 11 or 6 - 10 with Daniel/Wentz

Wentz won't be playing from day 1.

This isn't going to be the Sixers where they blatantly tank it for seasons.

The Eagles WILL be trying to win every game they play, and the veterans are going to be on board with that.
Joegrane
4-6 Ws with Daniel/Wentz. Don't expect Daniel to last more than half a year, maybe less if Peters goes down and Daniel has to run for his life.

I was 6-8 Ws with Sam and Lane Johnson.

The kid is going to surprise people with his ability, especially making plays on the run. He won't be as good as #5 with his legs but will be better than #5 as a passer and field general.

Anyone?

mcnabbulous
I went from 8 or 9 wins to 7 or 8. If Daniel sees significant time, I'd say 5 or 6, but I think Wentz plays from day one based on what I'm seeing on the webz.
The Franchise
I expected the defense to be significantly better, so with Bradford I would've guessed 8 or so. Now, whether it's Daniel or North Dakota, I'm thinking we might be in the running for the #1 pick next year, where no doubt we'll draft a QB again.
JeeQ
No Playoffs With Wentz >>>>> No Playoffs With Badford

Take one glance over our roster and notice all the new faces... this is a new Eagles team. Time to see if our coaches can actually coach. Time to see which players can actually play. There's more new talent than veterans on this team now. Get this, our oldest starting WR is 24... 24!

For worst and for mainly worst Chip blew up this team and removed all the veteran talent. Now we're left with a team of fresh faced rookies and players we recently drafted. All new coaches, all new players. Let's see who deserves to stay on the roster

I won't lie and say it doesn't pain me to see DeSean, McCoy, Maclin, Super Bowl Champion Evan Mathis, Trent Cole, and others still excelling on other teams thanks to Chip's Oregon love. But it's time to face the facts and realize we have to start anew now.
Eyrie
I had six wins a couple of weeks ago.

It's now five, and will be four if we start Wentz and Johnson is suspended.

As we're not in play off contention I'd like to wish Bradford well with the Vikings, but then that lessens the value of their draft pick. Decisions, decisions biggrin.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Sep 3 2016, 01:10 PM) *
I expected the defense to be significantly better, so with Bradford I would've guessed 8 or so. Now, whether it's Daniel or North Dakota, I'm thinking we might be in the running for the #1 pick next year, where no doubt we'll draft a QB again.

Jesus you are dumb
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Sep 3 2016, 03:05 PM) *
I had six wins a couple of weeks ago.

It's now five, and will be four if we start Wentz and Johnson is suspended.

As we're not in play off contention I'd like to wish Bradford well with the Vikings, but then that lessens the value of their draft pick. Decisions, decisions biggrin.gif

How about this? Bradford plays lights out and throws for 5 TDs every game with 0 ints --- except for when he plays here on 10/23 --- but the viqueens D plays horrible and they give up one more touchdown than they get every game and go 0 - 16. We get the top draft pick and since Sam's personal numbers were so great, the conditional pick in 2018 turns into a number 2 pick.

Dreagon
I still think there's a good chance you guys start Daniels the first few games before moving to Wentz. Give those ribs a little more time to get good and solid, and get some more practices under his belt.

Besides, starting with Daniels is more the win/win option. He either does well and you guys come out ahead, or he craps out and Wentz comes with more time to acclimate which is a also a win.
samaroo
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 4 2016, 04:25 AM) *
I still think there's a good chance you guys start Daniels the first few games before moving to Wentz. Give those ribs a little more time to get good and solid, and get some more practices under his belt.

Besides, starting with Daniels is more the win/win option. He either does well and you guys come out ahead, or he craps out and Wentz comes with more time to acclimate which is a also a win.

I like this idea. But it seems to make too much sense...

But it should be hard for this team to surprise me at this point.
Zero
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 3 2016, 03:25 PM) *

Plus, if Daniel craps out there's not much room for argument from him or the other players. If he plays like Brees laugh.gif then you let him play.
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 3 2016, 03:08 PM) *
Jesus you are dumb

Hey Geno Smith survived the cuts! Dammit we should've gotten him while we had the chance!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Joegrane
Good point, do the Vikings have to win the SB or just get there for the conditional pick to become a 2nd?

I don't think it is going to happen but I can dream : )

Doesn't it become a 3rd rounder if they make the NFC Champ game? That could happen.

QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Sep 3 2016, 03:12 PM) *
How about this? Bradford plays lights out and throws for 5 TDs every game with 0 ints --- except for when he plays here on 10/23 --- but the viqueens D plays horrible and they give up one more touchdown than they get every game and go 0 - 16. We get the top draft pick and since Sam's personal numbers were so great, the conditional pick in 2018 turns into a number 2 pick.

nephillymike
Don't let yourself go
Cause everybody cries
And everybody hurts

Sometimes.....

Feebly trying to add some perspective.

Thought this might help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.