Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Could Wentz start week 1?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
According to McLane it's possible.

https://twitter.com/jeff_mclane/status/772096591691968513
Zero
Apparently Spads says it's a possibility.

Wentz has done everything the Eagles wanted from the first day he was taken. Now, it seems, he is just a healthy CT scan away from, potentially, starting the opener on September 11 against Cleveland.
Here ..
Phits
If I had a vote, I'd make him ride the pine. No sense in throwing him to the wolves just yet.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 3 2016, 11:03 AM) *
If I had a vote, I'd make him ride the pine. No sense in throwing him to the wolves just yet.

I'm pretty confident that he is going to be a very good player. Him playing this year likely moves his timeline up. And it makes the season more fun to watch. I'm all for it, but wouldn't be surprised if it's more of a mid season timeline.
Joegrane
I agree with you. If/When Peters goes down, this will be an ugly team to watch. At least the kid will make things interesting with his feet on broken plays.

I bet we are going to see lots of "12 personnel" sets --2 TEs.

QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 3 2016, 12:18 PM) *
I'm pretty confident that he is going to be a very good player. Him playing this year likely moves his timeline up. And it makes the season more fun to watch. I'm all for it, but wouldn't be surprised if it's more of a mid season timeline.

QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 3 2016, 12:03 PM) *

JeeQ
Wentz has to play, stop being pussies.

Jameis Winston was a rookie last season. He took a piece of a shit Tampa Bay team, made them somewhat respectable, kicked our fucking asses, and had of a hell of a season.

If you think Wentz sucks I can respect that; but let's not pretend a rookie QB can't have a great season with a bad team. Tampa Bay came in with a worst record than us.
Eyrie
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 3 2016, 07:25 PM) *

Jameis Winston was a rookie last season. He took a piece of a shit Tampa Bay team, made them somewhat respectable, kicked our fucking asses, and had of a hell of a season.

If you think Wentz sucks I can respect that; but let's not pretend a rookie QB can't have a great season with a bad team. Tampa Bay came in with a worst record than us.

Wentz will only benefit from playing time if he gets time to play, so everything depends on the OL.

Personally I'd sit him for the first six or eight weeks with the occasional drive late in games before starting him from November onwards, unless Daniels really sucks or Wentz is lights out.
Phits
Don't be obtuse. Winston was more pro ready.

QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 3 2016, 02:25 PM) *

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.