Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bradford traded to Vikes!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3
mcnabbulous
Holy shit! 2017 first rounder and additional picks in '18!!!
nephillymike
WTF??

Wow.

Is it definitely true?
mcnabbulous
Yes
mcnabbulous
Announced by team. This is amazing. Bravo, Howie!
Rick
Love love LOVE this trade! It's obvious they're building for the future and not just trying to get into the playoffs to lose a game. It's obvious Bradford wasn't going to be the guy here so why prolong it. Should also mean Wentz will get more experience.
Eyrie
This is ridiculous.

Mikey asked the question the other day and the consensus was that a second would be appropriate.

Roseman just won the offseason by getting a first in 2017 for Bradford. OK, it'll be later than our own pick but a trade down is still preferable to missing out altogether.

It makes no sense for the Vikings to gamble a first on a player who doesn't know their system on a one year rental until Bridgewater returns, but since I'm not a Vikings fan I'm delighted.

I think we'll struggle with Daniel as the starting QB but we were going to struggle anyway so effectively we'll only be a game or two worse off.
Zero
This is incredible and shows they're building. I feel bad for Sleeves though.
mcnabbulous
Now Daniel is an $8M starter. Is that better, RF laugh.gif
Zero
I'm not a money guy, but it looks like they save $1.5 mil too.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 3 2016, 11:05 AM) *
Now Daniel is an $8M starter. Is that better, RF laugh.gif

sure...I am psyched for a 6-10 season for the next 3 years....woohoo

Daliel was a backup for a reason and while you piss and moan about Bradford getting injured you have his heir apparent missing 7 games last year and not lasting a full game in preseason...whats not to be optimistic about?

I am happy for Bradford......he lands in a great spot for this year.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 3 2016, 10:12 AM) *
sure...I am psyched for a 6-10 season for the next 3 years....woohoo

Daliel was a backup for a reason and while you piss and moan about Bradford getting injured you have his heir apparent missing 7 games last year and not lasting a full game in preseason...whats not to be optimistic about?

I am happy for Bradford......he lands in a great spot for this year.

You must be a blast at parties
Reality Fan
But getting a first rounder and a 4th is more than they can hope hope for so I give him credit. I am just bummed because the next 2 years are likely going to be hard to watch....I hope I am wrong but just realistic.
Zero
Depending on Bridgewater's health, Bradford could be a one or two year fix or their QB for the foreseeable future. But, he's learning another new system, new players, new town. If Peterson gets hurt that team is screwed.

Eagles have to be looking for a #3 now too. Any guesses?
mcnabbulous
I also don't care much about Bradford's injuries. Everyone gets injured in this league. My biggest complaint is that he doesn't see the field well has a pedestrian ypa as a result.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 3 2016, 10:17 AM) *
But getting a first rounder and a 4th is more than they can hope hope for so I give him credit. I am just bummed because the next 2 years are likely going to be hard to watch....I hope I am wrong but just realistic.

Why two years? We were very competitive in Donnie's second year. That is a more than reasonable expectation.
Zero
I forgot that Shurmur is with the Vikes now.
Pila
I didn't think we'd win a superbowl, but with Bradford the season would have been interesting. Purely on an emotional fan level, the trade has stolen a season from me.
Zero
QUOTE (Pila @ Sep 3 2016, 11:26 AM) *
I didn't think we'd win a superbowl, but with Bradford the season would have been interesting. Purely on an emotional fan level, the trade has stolen a season from me.

What if Wentz is progressing, or the coaches think he will progress faster than originally thought? What if Daniel is Pederson part 2 and Wentz starts around mid-season?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Pila @ Sep 3 2016, 10:26 AM) *

I don't think it will be too different, personally.
Rick
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 3 2016, 11:17 AM) *

This season was going to be hard to watch anyway--and probably next year as well. That is, unless you like watching them compete for a spot in the playoffs and maybe even making the playoffs only to get smashed in the first round (again). Personally, I'm sick of watching that with no hopes of going farther and winning it all.

I'm much happier with them coming to grips with their situation--a team with a good foundation but lots of holes. Sure, the defense will be improved this season but they still struggle in coverage at times. I just don't see Bradford as being THE guy. They still have major holes at WR and on the offensive line. There is a lot of work this team needs before they are truly competitive. I haven't been expecting much out of them this season. They may get more wins than they deserve because of the NFC East being horrible again but they still aren't a competitive playoff team.

Let's drop back, punt and build a long-term program. I see them doing that with this type of a move. Going to be painful to watch for sure but there is hope.
Rick
QUOTE (Pila @ Sep 3 2016, 11:26 AM) *

As I said, I don't want an, "interesting," season, I want a shot at winning a SB. That's something this team has absolutely NOT shot at doing this season either way. So why not get something in return for Bradford when it's obvious he isn't going to be then long-term solution here? Hell, recovering a 1st and 4th round pick for a guy with a less than .500 winning percentage and an injury history is an AWESOME deal for us. And it sets them up for the future.
nd9kel
This is fantastic news for Bradford! He's reunited with Pat Schurmer, so learning the Viking offense shouldn't be a problem. All the pieces for a Super Bowl run are in place in Minnesota, and the fan sentiment wasn't high on Bridgewater any way. Incredible facility, incredible running back, good receivers...everything Sam has been denied for being a #1 pick has been laid on his platter.

Meanwhile in Philly...same old same old.
mcnabbulous
The 2018 4th can become a third or second based on performance
Dreagon
Wow. I didn't think the Vikings would ever pay the price it would take to get Bradford.

So I'll stand up right now and admit I called this one wrong. They must feel they've got a real shot this year and are going all in.
nd9kel
This is fantastic news for Bradford! He's reunited with Pat Schurmer, so learning the Viking offense shouldn't be a problem. All the pieces for a Super Bowl run are in place in Minnesota, and the fan sentiment wasn't high on Bridgewater any way. Incredible facility, incredible running back, good receivers...everything Sam has been denied for being a #1 pick has been laid on his platter.

Zero
QUOTE (nd9kel @ Sep 3 2016, 11:35 AM) *

Except Schurmer is the TE coach.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 3 2016, 10:17 AM) *

I'm sorta surprised because due to the condition of the rest of the NFC East you guys actually had a shot, with only Washington as the main competition.

But with what the Vikes were willing to pay, combined with the fact you already have your QB of the future on the roster, I don't see how the Eagles could have turned that down.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nd9kel @ Sep 3 2016, 10:35 AM) *

Lololololol. Have fun in Siberia, dude.
SAM I Am
Fantastic!

A number 1 next year and a number 4 in 2018!

I liked Sam and thought he was a good QB, but I truly believed by game 12 at the latest this year --- whether due to injury or not --- Carson Wentz would get moved into the #1 spot. I still think that happens.

Sam should be happy. If he plays great in minny, Bridgewater probably stays on the sideline. That wasn't going to happen here no matter how great he played.

A win/win for both parties involved.
Phits
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Sep 3 2016, 10:58 AM) *
Roseman just won the offseason by getting a first in 2017 for Bradford.

Cheers to "The Weasel"!!

It makes no sense for the Vikings to gamble a first on a player who doesn't know their system on a one year rental until Bridgewater returns, but since I'm not a Vikings fan I'm delighted.

If you consider that the Vikings feel they are on the verge, and Bridgewater is still developing, they can't afford to waste a season. The available FA QB's out there are really crappy. Plus, Peterson is still the cornerstone to the franchise and he is on his last legs as an elite RB. This move should give him the "juice" to put forth another stellar season in his (future) HoF career. If Bradford pans out, it puts them in a favorable situation. If he doesn't they are no worse off this season than they were going to be.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 3 2016, 11:17 AM) *

Well. At least you became a little more realistic since you last post going from the next three years @ 6 - 10 down to two rolleyes.gif
Phits
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Sep 3 2016, 11:51 AM) *
Fantastic!

A number 1 next year and a number 4 in 2018!

I liked Sam and thought he was a good QB, but I truly believed by game 12 at the latest this year --- whether due to injury or not --- Carson Wentz would get moved into the #1 spot. I still think that happens.

Not that my opinion matters much, but, Sammy lost my support last season. I was very high on him when we acquired him. I saw a QB with all the necessary tools. By the end of the season, he just didn't look capable of putting them all together.

Sam should be happy. If he plays great in minny, Bridgewater probably stays on the sideline. That wasn't going to happen here no matter how great he played.

A win/win for both parties involved.

This^^
nephillymike
It's amazing really.

They get a mid to low 1st and at least a 4th, which may become a 3rd or 2nd depending on how they make out.

I said a 2nd with a 5th round sweetener, so it by far exceeds my expectations.

Not a big fan of Sammy Sleeves the QB, but have taken a liking to Sam Bradford the guy.

I hope he's OK with this. He is going to a good team and I don't know how much the MIN compares to the old Shurmer offense, but hopefully he can get up to speed.

I wish him well.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 3 2016, 11:59 AM) *
It's amazing really.

They get a mid to low 1st and at least a 4th, which may become a 3rd or 2nd depending on how they make out.

I said a 2nd with a 5th round sweetener, so it by far exceeds my expectations.

Not a big fan of Sammy Sleeves the QB, but have taken a liking to Sam Bradford the guy.

I hope he's OK with this. He is going to a good team and I don't know how much the MIN compares to the old Shurmer offense, but hopefully he can get up to speed.

I wish him well.

Apparently Sam's agent was the one who started the process and was the reason the deal got done.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Sep 3 2016, 10:58 AM) *

Bridgewater hasn't exactly been lighting it up in minny. A good year by Sam and minny may be looking at him as their present and future QB, not Bridge-under troubled-water.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 3 2016, 11:29 AM) *
What if Wentz is progressing, or the coaches think he will progress faster than originally thought? What if Daniel is Pederson part 2 and Wentz starts around mid-season?

I'm with ya. Pederson to McNabb / Daniel to Wentz.

My guess would be around the 12th game.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 3 2016, 11:17 AM) *
Depending on Bridgewater's health, Bradford could be a one or two year fix or their QB for the foreseeable future. But, he's learning another new system, new players, new town. If Peterson gets hurt that team is screwed.

Eagles have to be looking for a #3 now too. Any guesses?

Seriously, does it even matter.
Rick
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 3 2016, 11:41 AM) *
I'm sorta surprised because due to the condition of the rest of the NFC East you guys actually had a shot, with only Washington as the main competition.

Yes, we had a shot at being the king of the sucky teams.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 3 2016, 11:40 AM) *
Except Schurmer is the TE coach.

Well, then the minny tight ends will be seeing the ball a lot biggrin.gif
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 3 2016, 11:41 AM) *

But with what the Vikes were willing to pay, combined with the fact you already have your QB of the future on the roster, I don't see how the Eagles could have turned that down.

The deal was impossible not to do.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 3 2016, 10:51 AM) *
Announced by team. This is amazing. Bravo, Howie!

I always had faith in The Weasel....I mean Howie!
tongue.gif
The Franchise
Awesome! Now we get to draft another QB next year and start ALL OVER AGAIN!

I mean yeah, it's a steal, but we shouldn't have had to do this in the first place. I hate this franchise.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Sep 3 2016, 12:23 PM) *

I mean yeah, it's a steal, but we shouldn't have had to do this in the first place. I hate this franchise.

Then go find another one to be a fan of. I can assure you, you won't be missed.
The Franchise
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Sep 3 2016, 11:26 AM) *
Then go find another one to be a fan of. I can assure you, you won't be missed.

Blow me.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Sep 3 2016, 11:23 AM) *

This post is really dumb. And my standards for your posts is almost inconceivably low.
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 3 2016, 11:35 AM) *
This post is really dumb. And my standards for your posts is almost inconceivably low.

laugh.gif

It's a great trade in terms of pure value. But we gave up a shitload of picks to get a QB out of North Dakota, so we should've never been in this position. Pardon me if I'm not sold on Wentz.
Pila
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 3 2016, 04:29 PM) *

Wentz' most optimistic progress still falls short of a capable Bradford this season. Reasonably.

For those that live and die weekly with the fortunes of the team, the prospective of dying significantly more this season leaves me with dread rather than anticipation. At least for this season, recognizing that this works congenial to future aspirations. But one week from the start if this season, that feels like a really long times away.
Joegrane
Zero: Depending on Bridgewater's health, Bradford could be a one or two year fix or their QB for the foreseeable future. But, he's learning another new system, new players, new town. If Peterson gets hurt that team is screwed.

== I heard speculation that Bridgewater would not be @ 100% at the beginning of next year. I don't know what their cap looks like but Bradford has a big number next year. I assume this is a one year rental for them but if they are playoff contenders, they'll get a pick back for Sam after this year.

== I bet Sam was okay with the trade. He gets to go to a playoff caliber team and showcase his talents to the league.

== I hope eventually Sam catches on with some half decent team for a few years so he can really show what he can do. I wish him well.

Zero: Eagles have to be looking for a #3 now too. Any guesses?

== I did not see much of Bethel-Thompson this preseason, but against the Jets he seemed much better than Daniel. He put nearly every ball in a catchable spot. Supposedly he does not have any touch on his ball but has above average arm strength. He should be fine in the Eagles' short passing game and still provide a credible threat on an occasional long ball.

== How many games will Daniel last behind this O Line without LJ? Hopefully LJ will be available for Game 1 so they'll at least win one game this year : (

== I don't see more than 6 Ws this year.

== I bet Wentz will be starting no later than the half-way point in the season, especially if Peters gets injured.

== Daniel will have no chance if he has to run around. Wentz will make some plays with his feet while he is running for his life. I think the kid will be okay this year.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Sep 3 2016, 11:37 AM) *
laugh.gif

It's a great trade in terms of pure value. But we gave up a shitload of picks to get a QB out of North Dakota, so we should've never been in this position. Pardon me if I'm not sold on Wentz.

You're not sold on anything cause you're a miserable sack of shit. Nothing can make you happy. You still believe that winning football is based on concepts that were popular in then 70's.

It's no wonder you likely don't believe in evolution, cause you have the football knowledge of a chimp.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Pila @ Sep 3 2016, 11:37 AM) *
Wentz' most optimistic progress still falls short of a capable Bradford this season. Reasonably.

I'm not sure I agree here. Bradford, at best, is a 9 win guy. I don't think we fall too far off with Wentz.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.