Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eagles trying to trade Rowe
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
If they cut Rowe they'll take a $1.1 mil hit, trade him and they save $250 k.

Kelly's first draft wasn't bad other than LJ's suspensions. The second year seems to be looking up because apparently DP believes you adjust things to fit the players talents instead of the reverse. Last year, with Roseman out and Kelly pulling the strings doesn't look as good.

The Eagles have actively been shopping Eric Rowe for weeks, ESPN confirmed.

Linc ...
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 3 2016, 08:14 AM) *

Kelly's first draft wasn't bad other than LJ's suspensions. The second year seems to be looking up because apparently DP believes you adjust things to fit the players talents instead of the reverse. Last year, with Roseman out and Kelly pulling the strings doesn't look as good.

Linc ...

Not a surprise.

You would think they'd be able to get an end of roster LB who's better than Gause or a end of roster WR better than Agholar.
Joegrane
I'm not at all surprised to hear this and I don't think it has anything to do with not fitting the system. I think it is due to his attitude and his unwillingness to play at least some Safety.

The undrafted rookie CJ Smith played with more poise, discipline and class than Rowe who has an extra year of experience and was a high draft pick.

I bet they could turn Rowe into a very good combo DB--mostly S but some Red Zone and matchup CB against big WRs who don't have great lateral quickness.

Is it worthwhile to trade him if you are only going to get a 5th or high 6th? I'd keep him and hope that his spot on the depth chart helps him to realize his position in the NFL. He clearly has NFL talent. He'll be an above average special teamer and he can fill in at both CB and S.
http://www.csnphilly.com/player-news?sport...yer-news-item_2

QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 3 2016, 09:14 AM) *

Linc ...
Eyrie
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 3 2016, 03:32 PM) *
I'm not at all surprised to hear this and I don't think it has anything to do with not fitting the system. I think it is due to his attitude and his unwillingness to play at least some Safety.

First I've heard of this but it would explain why the coaches left him to struggle at CB rather than return him to his college position of S where we have a genuine need for depth.

I doubt we'll get much of a pick for him, so depth at LB would be my preference.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.