Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The NEPM Cuts Are In
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I picked the best 53 and went heavy in some areas based on that. If Lane can play Game 1, then either Andrews or Rowe goes to make room. Based on his play in PS Game #4, I added Gause on there. There is a chance that we will go light at LB, knowing that in a pinch, Braman, Barwin and Graham can fill in as a deep sub for part of one game.

WR - Matthews, Huff, DGB,Agholor, Turner
OT - Peters, Barbre, Tobin Vatai (assumes Lane is out Day 1)
OG - Brooks, Wisniewski, Seumalo
OC - Kelce, Andrews
TE - Ertz, Celek, Burton
QB - Bradford, Daniel, Wentz
RB - Mathews, Sproles, Barner, Smallwood

DE - Curry, Barwin, Graham, Means, Braman, M. Smith
DT - Cox, Logan, Allen, Hart
LB - Hicks, Kendricks, Bradham, Tulloch, Goode, Gause
CB - McKelvin, Carroll, Brooks, Mills, CJ Smith, Rowe
S - Jenkins, McLeod, Watkins, Maragos
P - Jones
K - Sturgis
LS - Magic Man

Last Nine Roster Spots
45 Smallwood
46 Hart
47 Means
48 Vaitai
49 Andrews
50 M. Smith
51 CJ Smith
52 Gause
53 Rowe

Practice Squad (assumes all are eligible, not positive of this, from highest PS member to lowest)

1. S Reynolds (he is the only one I'm not sure of his PS eligibility)
2. DT Vaeao
3. OT Gordon
4. RB Marshall
5. TE Pentale
6. OG Greene
7. DT Shittu
8. OG B. Jones
9. LB Tavarres
10. S Countess

I think realistically, they will sign three or four guys from other teams to our PS and two of them will be WR, which may add a guy from my current team to the PS and will bump the bottom 3 or 4 off the PS list. We need upgrades at WR and LB, IMO.

Joegrane
I think they will sign a veteran WR, maybe a former Pro Bowler, to help baby sit the youngsters at WR. Hopefully Turner will end up on the PS.

That would leave them without a FB and only one big back. I suppose we will see the 3 TE formation in some short yardage situations.

This team is not going anywhere so it does not really matter. I'd prefer that they keep the best players.

For example, if they don't plan to keep Barwin and his huge contract next year maybe they'll want to keep the extra DE this year to have both Means and M Smith well prepared for a bigger role next year. Also Smith is in a contract year so who knows if he will resign.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 1 2016, 10:57 PM) *
I picked the best 53 and went heavy in some areas based on that. If Lane can play Game 1, then either Andrews or Rowe goes to make room. Based on his play in PS Game #4, I added Gause on there. There is a chance that we will go light at LB, knowing that in a pinch, Braman, Barwin and Graham can fill in as a deep sub for part of one game.

OC - Kelce, Andrews
TE - Ertz, Celek, Burton

P - Jones
K - Sturgis
LS - Magic Man

Last Nine Roster Spots
45 Smallwood
46 Hart
47 Means
48 Vaitai
49 Andrews
50 M. Smith
51 CJ Smith
52 Gause
53 Rowe

Practice Squad (assumes all are eligible, not positive of this, from highest PS member to lowest)

2. DT Vaeao
3. OT Gordon
4. RB Marshall
5. TE Pentale
6. OG Greene
7. DT Shittu
8. OG B. Jones
9. LB Tavarres
10. S Countess

I think realistically, they will sign three or four guys from other teams to our PS and two of them will be WR, which may add a guy from my current team to the PS and will bump the bottom 3 or 4 off the PS list. We need upgrades at WR and LB, IMO.

nephillymike
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 1 2016, 10:32 PM) *
I think they will sign a veteran WR, maybe a former Pro Bowler, to help baby sit the youngsters at WR. Hopefully Turner will end up on the PS.

That would leave them without a FB and only one big back. I suppose we will see the 3 TE formation in some short yardage situations.

This team is not going anywhere so it does not really matter. I'd prefer that they keep the best players.

For example, if they don't plan to keep Barwin and his huge contract next year maybe they'll want to keep the extra DE this year to have both Means and M Smith well prepared for a bigger role next year. Also Smith is in a contract year so who knows if he will resign.

I heard tonight that Turner has not dropped a pass all training camp and preseason games.

For a team whose WR's are not good at catching the ball, we need a guy like him. Even if we get veteran WR, Turner is on my team!!

Good point about next year's contract status impacting this year's cuts,
The Franchise
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 1 2016, 09:57 PM) *

OC - Kelce, Andrews
TE - Ertz, Celek, Burton

P - Jones
K - Sturgis
LS - Magic Man

Last Nine Roster Spots
45 Smallwood
46 Hart
47 Means
48 Vaitai
49 Andrews
50 M. Smith
51 CJ Smith
52 Gause
53 Rowe

2. DT Vaeao
3. OT Gordon
4. RB Marshall
5. TE Pentale
6. OG Greene
7. DT Shittu
8. OG B. Jones
9. LB Tavarres
10. S Countess

I mean this as a compliment - seriously dude, I don't know how the hell you can maintain the kind of energy and interest it takes to constantly go through and post analysis like this. And you work full time?
nephillymike
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Sep 2 2016, 12:39 PM) *
I mean this as a compliment - seriously dude, I don't know how the hell you can maintain the kind of energy and interest it takes to constantly go through and post analysis like this. And you work full time?

Thanks.

Yeah I work about 60 hours a week.

This exercise was easy. I printed out the Ourlads depth chart and since my sons were not home, I just sat there and did my cuts during the game. Most of it was done from a guesstimate I made a few weeks ago.

I'm sure I'll be off by a few.

I think we have a shot to be a few games better than most think. Not sure if that is playoff worthy but we can hope.
nephillymike
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/9/2/127610...-practice-squad

Practice Squad Rules, see above.

Interesting the NFL now allows 4 PS players with two accrued seasons, up from 2 last year up from 0 a few years ago.

Also of interest is that the practice squad minimum salary of $117.3K/yr is only a minimum and teams can pay up to the rookie minimum of $450K this year.

Here's what's at stake for these guys:

Make the 53 man roster = $450,000 minimum, after three years = minimum of $630,000
Make the 10 man practice squad = $117,300 minimum, after three years = minimum of $128,000
Make neither and get a regular college graduate job = $50,500, after three years = approx $55,700 (assumes avg majors)
Make neither and get a regular job if short of a degree = $39,000, after three years = approx $43,000

These are life changing numbers.

Keep that in mind as the axe falls.
nephillymike
51 of 53

Had Goode and Gause instead of Gordon and Vaeao.

I don't know how many would have had Goode as a cut. I didn't even have him as a last nine to make it!!

Gause I had as #52 so that's not a surprise, while Gordon and Vaeao were high on the PS list.
nephillymike
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 4 2016, 03:44 AM) *
51 of 53

Had Goode and Gause instead of Gordon and Vaeao.

I don't know how many would have had Goode as a cut. I didn't even have him as a last nine to make it!!

Gause I had as #52 so that's not a surprise, while Gordon and Vaeao were high on the PS list.

BTW, tied for 1st place!! Woo hoo!!

https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/772430505589497856
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.