Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: With the QB injuries as of late
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
It's a seller's market right now.

Pretend for a moment you would stoop so low as to trade a QB to either DAL or MIN.

Pretend for a moment you are a cold blooded football executive that isn't shy of trading away a guy you like or made promises to.

Pretend for a moment that you can't just say no, you need to accept some offer.

What is your selling price in draft picks for Bradford, Daniel, Wentz??

I know Wentz is not likely a candidate for a trade given the teams would probably want more experience, but I throw him in there anyway.

I'll take a shot here. It is difficult for me because I don't value draft picks as much as most. I'd much rather have a player, but that gets difficult to quantify.

Bradford - I'd take a 2nd and a 5th as a sweetener. Assumes the team we trade with will be bottom half of the round, thus the sweetener.

Daniel - I'd take a 5th and a 7th sweetener.

Wentz - Two firsts and a 2nd, provided that is more we traded for him (not sure). If not, get me back what we got with a mid round sweetener.

As good as Sleeves has played so far, is it likely he can get us a playoff win this year, which is what he probably needs at least to stay next year. If we don't get that far but have a 7-9 to 9-7 type season, what's he get us next year in a trade?

Anyone?
Zero
I wouldn't trade to Dallas .. period. Bradford won't save any cap space to speak of and he gives the team the best chance to develop a winning attitude for the young players. I'd probably consider a 2 and 5 but I doubt Minny would.
Phits
I'd ask for a 2nd for Sammy, but would settle for a 3rd.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 30 2016, 08:24 PM) *
It's a seller's market right now.

Pretend for a moment you would stoop so low as to trade a QB to either DAL or MIN.

Pretend for a moment you are a cold blooded football executive that isn't shy of trading away a guy you like or made promises to.

Pretend for a moment that you can't just say no, you need to accept some offer.

What is your selling price in draft picks for Bradford, Daniel, Wentz??

I know Wentz is not likely a candidate for a trade given the teams would probably want more experience, but I throw him in there anyway.

I'll take a shot here. It is difficult for me because I don't value draft picks as much as most. I'd much rather have a player, but that gets difficult to quantify.

Bradford - I'd take a 2nd and a 5th as a sweetener. Assumes the team we trade with will be bottom half of the round, thus the sweetener.

Daniel - I'd take a 5th and a 7th sweetener.

Wentz - Two firsts and a 2nd, provided that is more we traded for him (not sure). If not, get me back what we got with a mid round sweetener.

As good as Sleeves has played so far, is it likely he can get us a playoff win this year, which is what he probably needs at least to stay next year. If we don't get that far but have a 7-9 to 9-7 type season, what's he get us next year in a trade?

Anyone?

Eyrie
I'd take Minnesota's second for Bradford, or a conditional fourth/fifth for Daniel. We'd need to get back what we paid for Wentz, and that won't happen.

Dallas? I'd lure Hoying or McMahon out of retirement and offer our third next year as a sweetener if they start all 16 games devil03.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.