Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Teddy Bridgewater Injury
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
phillyfan4ever
Would a trade happen for Sam Bradford to Minny? Pretty sure Minny has a good Offence line and a lot of backups. Would take a LT along with a third, that would move to a second if Sammy starts X amount of games and an additional third if a playoff win happens.
mcnabbulous
Not likely at all.
Dreagon
I imagine they think Bradford is gonna be too pricey for them. I'm thinking they're inquiring about McCown or Tarvaris Jackson right about now.
Zero
Bradford would still cost the Eagles $11 mil this year and probably wouldn't bring us much. With Bridgewater injured why would they trade much for an expensive injury plagued QB?
D Rock
Not that they'd do it, but to answer your question "why would they?"....

Sam's 2 year contract would make it perfect for them. He comes in and plays teddy's injury year, and is insurance should he not be ready next year. Then he's gone.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Aug 31 2016, 10:59 AM) *
Not that they'd do it, but to answer your question "why would they?"....

Sam's 2 year contract would make it perfect for them. He comes in and plays teddy's injury year, and is insurance should he not be ready next year. Then he's gone.

It would definitely make sense for them. Especially since AP's career is nearing the end. They could also potentially recoup something for him next year to make it worth their while.

But it won't happen.
Zero
He'd be in a new system (again) with new players (again) and new coaches (again). What makes anyone think he'd play well enough to either help them win or to help the team recapture some of the cost of trading for him? It may be a good deal for a rebuilding team that is paying a backup a ton and just drafted their franchise QB who would benefit from seeing occasional action. But I'm not sure it would help the Vikings other than to potentially win more games than they would with a scrub.
Phits
In the Minny scenario, they bare without their starting QB for the entire season. Their (future HoF) RB is in the twilight of his productive years. They (likely) will be in a 3 team dog fight for the division. Shaun Hill won't cut it as their starting QB. They need to bring in a starting calibre QB to make a playoff push or it will be a lost season. Sammy may/not fit the bill, but one thing is for sure Minny needs to do something at QB.

Best available QBs:
Tarvaris Jackson
R. Grossman
Matt Flynn
Charlie Whitehurst
M. Vick
Austin Davis
Josh Freeman
J. Clausen
T.J. Yates

QUOTE (Zero @ Aug 31 2016, 07:03 PM) *
He'd be in a new system (again) with new players (again) and new coaches (again). What makes anyone think he'd play well enough to either help them win or to help the team recapture some of the cost of trading for him? It may be a good deal for a rebuilding team that is paying a backup a ton and just drafted their franchise QB who would benefit from seeing occasional action. But I'm not sure it would help the Vikings other than to potentially win more games than they would with a scrub.

Dreagon
QUOTE (Phits @ Aug 31 2016, 08:40 PM) *
Best available QBs:
Tarvaris Jackson
R. Grossman
Matt Flynn
Charlie Whitehurst
M. Vick
Austin Davis
Josh Freeman
J. Clausen
T.J. Yates

Sheesh! Looking at that list I would consider giving Tim Tebow a call. He couldn't do much worse, and he would make for an interesting season.
Zero
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Aug 31 2016, 09:50 PM) *
Sheesh! Looking at that list I would consider giving Tim Tebow a call. He couldn't do much worse, and he would make for an interesting season.

Beisbol be very very good to him. biggrin.gif
Rick
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Aug 31 2016, 09:50 PM) *

He's too busy trying to play baseball... huh.gif
Dreagon
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 1 2016, 04:48 AM) *
Beisbol be very very good to him. biggrin.gif - Zero

He's too busy trying to play baseball... huh.gif - Rick

I guess he just absolutely has to be playing some kind of professional sport.

Ten years from now we'll probably hear he's joined the pro bowling circuit.
phillyfan4ever
Looks like it did happen and we are getting a first and and additional pick
JeeQ
QUOTE (phillyfan4ever @ Aug 30 2016, 03:38 PM) *
Would a trade happen for Sam Bradford to Minny? Pretty sure Minny has a good Offence line and a lot of backups. Would take a LT along with a third, that would move to a second if Sammy starts X amount of games and an additional third if a playoff win happens.

jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif jumpclap.gif

Never saw this thread but great fucking prediction
mcnabbulous
I thought it made sense, but that rarely leads to things happening in this league.
nephillymike
QUOTE (phillyfan4ever @ Aug 30 2016, 05:38 PM) *

Kudos to you.

You OWNED it!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.